Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Don't forget the ComfortDelgro app. Sometimes it's cheaper than PHV and yes they have fixed fare too. 

slightly around 10% lower, i find their app tap very closely with grab pricing unless you choose the non fixed fare which will include a booking fee.

↡ Advertisement

57 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

slightly around 10% lower, i find their app tap very closely with grab pricing unless you choose the non fixed fare which will include a booking fee.

On Monday, from airport to my home will cost $21 on Grab.

Booked via Comfort, $13 fixed fare.

Better check both for better fare.

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

was told by driver that its better to key in the full pick up address for better accuracy and convenience. if key in post code the system actually does not show the full address to them and they just have to turn left turn right etc as guided by GPS.

For shopping mall, better specify which door. Otherwise, sibei jialat 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, pChou said:

And also there are loopholes with this Automated implementation

1. what if gps isnt accurate? 
2. what if the driver waited at the wrong designated pick up points? 

Driver app is strictly guided by gps positioning.

If the driver is off the designated pick up point (a circle roughly 50m radius), he cannot press "I've Arrived" button, which means the timer doesn't start, which means the rider will not be charged.

That also caused some problem to driver in some cases, if the pick up point happened to be near a river, there's no way a driver can go into that circle.

One time I had to pick up at Boon Lay mrt towards west. I waited there and the rider called me. He had waited at the wrong location, not me, I was merely following the app. So I agreed to wait for him to walk over. 2 weeks later, I got $70 fined from LTA saying I illegal parked there. even though I was waiting.

So drivers does not always have an easy time and like to play punk. At some places, we would just cancel and drive off.

At many pick up locations, I have to reverse the car 10m, or go forward 10m, just to be in that "circle"

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

My personal habit is to be at the pick up point when I book the PHV or taxi. 

Its usually just a 5 - 10 min wait and we as drivers know some places really have no place for vehicle waiting. Better I wait for car than car wait for me. 

So just make life easier for the driver who is rendering a service. 

I see people after booking confirmed then shut down PC, pack stuff, go pantry, go toilet, take lift etc ... [;)]

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

My personal habit is to be at the pick up point when I book the PHV or taxi. 

Its usually just a 5 - 10 min wait and we as drivers know some places really have no place for vehicle waiting. Better I wait for car than car wait for me. 

So just make life easier for the driver who is rendering a service

I see people after booking confirmed then shut down PC, pack stuff, go pantry, go toilet, take lift etc ... [;)]

I've never used Grab or whatever, seldom use a taxi unless to and fro airport.

But the driver is rendering a service that you are paying for.

Not to say you shouldn't be helpful but also realise the fact it's your money until you hand it over to the driver.

One must really do a PHV job then will understand the difficulty. Some places just cannot wait one. Just go down once you get notification that you have a driver. What's so difficult?

When I call for Grab, I am always the one waiting for the car. 

Similar with why car drivers who has a motorcycle licence/riding one/ridden one have more situation awareness than one who doesn't have. 

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Driver app is strictly guided by gps positioning.

If the driver is off the designated pick up point (a circle roughly 50m radius), he cannot press "I've Arrived" button, which means the timer doesn't start, which means the rider will not be charged.

That also caused some problem to driver in some cases, if the pick up point happened to be near a river, there's no way a driver can go into that circle.

One time I had to pick up at Boon Lay mrt towards west. I waited there and the rider called me. He had waited at the wrong location, not me, I was merely following the app. So I agreed to wait for him to walk over. 2 weeks later, I got $70 fined from LTA saying I illegal parked there. even though I was waiting.

So drivers does not always have an easy time and like to play punk. At some places, we would just cancel and drive off.

At many pick up locations, I have to reverse the car 10m, or go forward 10m, just to be in that "circle"

Didn’t know there is a circle that phv driver needs to be in?! Indeed not easy for phv driver as compared to taxi.

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Didn’t know there is a circle that phv driver needs to be in?! Indeed not easy for phv driver as compared to taxi.

Last time, driver can far away press "I've Arrived" button, but now Grab tightened the noose, so driver can only activate that button within that small circle at pickup point, otherwise, rider won't be charged, and driver cancelled at their own disadvantage.

However, that small circle does not always fit well. Some pickup are just inaccessible, unable to reach within that circle.

So drivers will always go into that circle, even when the rider is waiting at the wrong pickup. If he moves out of that circle, he cannot cancel to his advantage.

21 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Last time, driver can far away press "I've Arrived" button, but now Grab tightened the noose, so driver can only activate that button within that small circle at pickup point, otherwise, rider won't be charged, and driver cancelled at their own disadvantage.

However, that small circle does not always fit well. Some pickup are just inaccessible, unable to reach within that circle.

So drivers will always go into that circle, even when the rider is waiting at the wrong pickup. If he moves out of that circle, he cannot cancel to his advantage.

So that circle very important to driver. Lol.

↡ Advertisement