Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Remove all booking, peak hour, whatever have you surcharges and increase the base charge and per km charge. That's it.

Canada is using this sytem and I think HK too. Correct me if I am wrong.

But no one dare to suggest and implement it bcoz sure kenna F left right up down by taxi drivers, etc.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

they caused it upon themselves mah ..... chut pattern chway guay badminton. If they not hungry for business and want to be picky, then the ubers and grabs come in lor

• Praise 1

Perhaps it's time to take a step back and ask why Uber can survive here?

Simply because for years, the govt couldn't find a solution to the taxi problem. Can't get taxis during peak hrs, etc. They tried methods like increasing surcharges here and there which even confused locals sometimes, forcing taxis to drive at least 250km a day, etc.

So Uber came in and fill in the gap. Simple as that.

It's akin to a failed marriage. If a couple broke up because of third party, it is because there were gaps in the marriage already. If it was strong, will the third party even stand a chance?

I think quite a large portion of taxi drivers also do not drive during peak hours. There is this relief driver I know who drives from 5pm to 6am, he doesn't drive during the evening peak hours. He uses the taxi to pick up his kids from school then fetch his wife before going out with them. By the time he starts picking up passengers, its already past the peak hour. Quite a number of them also work similarly. During peak hours they are busy fetching family members to work/school. Lol.

heard of one taxi lao lamenting on other taxi laos on why they waste time in kopi tiam and sit around tccs and still have the cheeks to complain garment not doing enough.

I think quite a large portion of taxi drivers also do not drive during peak hours. There is this relief driver I know who drives from 5pm to 6am, he doesn't drive during the evening peak hours. He uses the taxi to pick up his kids from school then fetch his wife before going out with them. By the time he starts picking up passengers, its already past the peak hour. Quite a number of them also work similarly. During peak hours they are busy fetching family members to work/school. Lol.

That's my point. So Uber drivers come in to fill in the gap during peak hours.

In fact LTA has to thank Uber for solving the problem for them. Why would they want to regulate? [laugh]

I didn't read about shortage of taxis during peak hours nowadays. Have u?

In fact LTA has to thank Uber for solving the problem for them. Why would they want to regulate? [laugh]

maybe uber is part of car lite plan [sly][laugh]

• Praise 1

Perhaps it's time to take a step back and ask why Uber can survive here?

Simply because for years, the govt couldn't find a solution to the taxi problem. Can't get taxis during peak hrs, etc. They tried methods like increasing surcharges here and there which even confused locals sometimes, forcing taxis to drive at least 250km a day, etc.

So Uber came in and fill in the gap. Simple as that.

It's akin to a failed marriage. If a couple broke up because of third party, it is because there were gaps in the marriage already. If it was strong, will the third party even stand a chance?

Hehehe, nice post

Uber's concept is like di Di da Che in China and it is also very successful simply because in a city like BJ, there's no way to flag down a cab and their cab booking service is not good too

Uber is doing well there too

• Praise 2

Hehehe, nice post

Uber's concept is like di Di da Che in China and it is also very successful simply because in a city like BJ, there's no way to flag down a cab and their cab booking service is not good too

Uber is doing well there too

maybe next time will have uber for

1) piaks

2) short term accommodations [grin]

3) food

4) and finally, more piaks [laugh]

• Praise 2

seems like everyone's assumption is somehow theyll return to profit due to scale, but when u have scale each driver's take is alot less when incentives drop alot, then at some pt it wouldnt be attractive to be a uber driver anymore. again the taxi problem isnt solved. uber is a short term fix IMO

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

1) piaks

3) food

Actually there is...

1) piaks - Sammyboy

2) short term accommodations - Airbnb

3) food - Food Panda

4) More piaks... - recently got caught and now all charged in court... :XD:

• Praise 2

Actually there is...

1) piaks - Sammyboy

3) food - Food Panda

:XD::XD: :XD:

Actually there is...

1) piaks - Sammyboy

3) food - Food Panda

is there a list of all uber like services? go on demand chiobu anot? lol

seems like everyone's assumption is somehow theyll return to profit due to scale, but when u have scale each driver's take is alot less when incentives drop alot, then at some pt it wouldnt be attractive to be a uber driver anymore. again the taxi problem isnt solved. uber is a short term fix IMO

You are right bro. They did reduced the incentive system by quite a bit.

Well, stop-gap measures are always used here so why not? Haha

regulate means got $$$ to earn - permit&licensing fees, fines..... What's wrong with collecting more $$$? [laugh]

1) piaks

3) food

More than 10 yrs ago, i got this idea to set Mobile Hotel 81.

That's after the taxi rental and diesel.

that's decent... sometimes i am tempted to get out of the nonsense, stress and mess at work and do something like this. [thumbsup]