Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

hahaha uber surge pricing FTW!!!

Uber 'truly sorry' for price rise during Sydney siege

Taxi booking firm Uber has apologised for raising fare prices during a deadly cafe siege in Sydney last week.

The firm raised fares by as much as four times its normal rate when demand shot up during the siege that left three people dead.

Its "surge pricing" algorithm increased fares during the peak period as people rushed to leave the area.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30595406

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1011898362172154&set=a.389305291098134.105936.100000559982993&type=1&theater

post-75225-0-51497800-1425265250_thumb.jpg

Beware guys, do not aboard this "private taxi"

On 1st of March 2015, i was with my family (wife, 3 years old daughter & a newborn son) trying to hail a taxi at beach road area when this particular car stop by. The man in a car approached me & asked where am i going. So i told him i'm heading to woodlands. Immediately, He told me to aboard. I thought it was some private taxi as when i aboard, he used some iphone apps to record the meter fare. He then explain his from uber company & told us to search the net if we dont believe after that he then told us the meter fare was $3.90 upon boarding & $0.70 per km. He asked us if we're fine with it. He claim that they(uber company) is slightly more expensive than normal taxi. But while i was trying to do some research about this company to roughly know how much we need to pay. In less than 30 mins of ride, i saw his meter shoot up to $50++. We were already on the highway. So i told him to alight us nearby where he can stop. Instead he stopped at some ulu destination around yio chu kang & told us to paid $97. Its less than 3 mins, the meter fare increase $40++. When i asked him why is the fare so expensive, he claimed that he did inform us that it $8/km. Who on earth will be so stupid, to allow someone to charge at $8/km. I didnt want to put my wife & kids in any danger as i'm afraid if i confront him longer & not pay him, he might do anything to harm them, i had no choice but to pay him the $97.

Please help to share around & create awareness to avoid anymore people being scam.

• Praise 3

Report him to LTA lor. Complain for what.

ya lor. any car stop and ask him board he board ....... kum lan kia

• Praise 2

LTA had been sleeping all this while ... [furious]

Can allow such thing happening on the road and they are only interested of how to increase revenues .... [grin]

I still consider Uber a pirate taxi ... :wacko:

• Praise 1

(edited)

I personally think people who like to use these pirate taxi services or couch surfing websites will one day step into a big longkang ...

Couch surfing... Meet the italian that raped at least 20-30 females who go couch surf at his place.

Uber taxi ... meet the rapist or robber

Thank you very much!

Grabtaxi is a legitimate taxi app. This Uber or other copies... just create more problems.

Edited by Lala81

So many cases why still got people use uber?

The agony of waiting for one taxi that you wanted and could not see one unhired taxi on that location ........ [sweatdrop]

Someone (Uber) offer, take first but when bill comes out not to their expectation, KPKB lor.... [furious]

I can 101% sured, he will not take again ... [laugh]

$93/- per trip can hire a car at $60/- per day and he can drive until [dizzy]

Hypersonic

The agony of waiting for one taxi that you wanted and could not see one unhired taxi on that location ........ [sweatdrop]

Someone (Uber) offer, take first but when bill comes out not to their expectation, KPKB lor.... [furious]

I can 101% sured, he will not take again ... [laugh]

$93/- per trip can hire a car at $60/- per day and he can drive until [dizzy]

I only got 3 words for him - "Serve him right" -_-

• Praise 1

I only got 3 words for him - "Serve him right" -_-

As a local, orbigoot.

But think should clamp down on this to prevent tourists from getting conned.

It's hard enough to regulate things like taxi touts already lol [laugh]

Hypersonic

As a local, orbigoot.

But think should clamp down on this to prevent tourists from getting conned.

It's hard enough to regulate things like taxi touts already lol [laugh]

Yes, should clamp down. Charging high fee is minor. Imagine murder, robbery or rape... But we know how our gahmen agency like to wait for something big to happen before they move their butt... [:/] [:/]

• Praise 1

So many cases why still got people use uber?

Uber private cabs are just like "dai yi long" aka loan sharks...

If you desperate for $, and there are no normal avenues (taxis), then you take a risk with these loansharks (Uber private cabs)...

You pay a higher interest (cab fares)...

Best is just take a normal taxi :)

• Praise 5