Yamapi

Grab/Ryde issues and charges

2nd Gear

Don't know which ball-less guy dislike my post...

Since he cannot make it in uber, I have to show how much I made in the last 5 weeks and also my best week.

Note, there is still fare disputes yet to iron out with uber.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Some use watch, I use crayons.

Anyway everyone in Uber knows Shiwei so I don't mark out my name.

Bro, are u a relief driver ?

I was a relief driver for 1 week last month but until now, i have not got any payment advice yet.

Does Uber credit the car rental company or the main hirer's account ?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Wow. You averaging 10k a month in income before deduction for expenses.

How many hours do you drive per day on average?

Take a look at my last 5 statement.

Add total payout and less cost average $750-$800 per week.

Divide by 5 weeks x 52 weeks.

Got $100k gross profit?

I'm working smarter now.

6am to 11am & 5pm to 11pm Monday to Friday and occasionally Sat & Sun early morning hours for 2/3hrs.

So it's around 60 hours per week.

Average office staff gets up at 7.30am, go to work at 8am and reach office at 9am.

Off work at 6pm and reach home at 7pm.

Take time to compute as working hours = 11 hours per day.

So it's 55 hours per week.

Isn't it the same as me (as I start work at my carpark).

If they work OT 1 hour per day or even 2, they are working even longer hours than me.

Muahahahaha to the guy that dislike my post.

Bro, are u a relief driver ?

I was a relief driver for 1 week last month but until now, i have not got any payment advice yet.

Does Uber credit the car rental company or the main hirer's account ?

Full time. Do check with the person that lent you the car.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

My job require me to travel during office hours so sometimes, instead of using my own car, I will just call a cab and claims from my company.

I always hear of taxi uncles complaining about the high handed ways their respective companies have dealt with them, for example requiring them to place a deposit of few thousand dollars when they sign up to be cabbies and the companies suka suka ask them to get back to workshop to paste advertisement (taking a few hours) without any compensation for rental waiver.

There was also this article about many trans cab sitting idle in the workshop, I am not surprised as with a daily rental of $130 a day, how many trips does the uncle need to make to just break even?

So even though I am not on the Uber bandwagon yet as a paying customer, I would say it is justice being served on the teksi companies, who have been protected for many years now by LTA. I don't see teksi companies as service providers, but they are just simply car rental companies profiting at the expense of the poor uncles toiling under the hot sun, subject to abuses by non fare paying passengers, road rage etc. Their main KPI is to rent out all the cabs at as high a rental as possible, with no regard whatsoever for the welfare of their drivers and customers.

Perhaps, I should sign up to be Uber customer today and abandon the traditional taxi companies altogether.

Promo code ac95pue.

Gets $20 off first ride.

Anyway when you encounter issues with uber, you know who to look for.

Supersonic

I just checked my statements.

Total fares collected till date at $23k before less 20% uber fee.

Total payout to me as a uber contractor at $45k.

18 weeks of driving:-

Rental $320 per week

Petrol $350 per week

Misc cost including Un-chargeable ERP $80 per week

So is uber making money?

They are throwing huge amount of incentive to me.

So if uber is throwing out money to drivers, they must be getting their funding from big timers.

They are probably losing money but trying to capture the market.

If they don't grab the market they are looking for, before running out of cash, then the whole thing will come crashing down.

Turbocharged (edited)

So if uber is throwing out money to drivers, they must be getting their funding from big timers.

They are probably losing money but trying to capture the market.

If they don't grab the market they are looking for, before running out of cash, then the whole thing will come crashing down.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/28/us-uber-china-idUSKCN0QW1XE20150828

big timers looking to IPO... they fark watever happens to this coy post moratorium lah

reminds me of FB IPO book build.. they raised private funds more than 1 yr ahead of IPO... these early bird VHNWIs all profited lor.. of cse FB is actually making profits vs uber which isnt ... yet...?!?

Edited by Duckduck

6th Gear

Increased to 2k already. Why the company needs to sue the cabby for smashing the cab? Don't they have insurance?

The insurance has excess. And some hero cabbies smash car 2, 3 or more times a year. have to charge them at least the first say $500 or $1000 mah.

Also, these policies typically have a upper limit (e.g. for 2000 cars, if total claim is >X million a year, additional premium is chargeable). And next year ofcourse premium also up. Basically, everytime there is a smash, someone has to pay. In the end, everybody pays, which is why I say the good drivers are effectively sponsoring the bad.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

thats y i said that uber is just another taxi coy pretending that its not... the above scenario is currently comfort in sg... control mkt share etc...

when they stop giving any incentive, u get the same problem which cabs here have now... no motivation to work hard... back to square one lor

I thought Uber raises fare when demand exceeds supply?

• Praise 1

6th Gear

Uber got motorbike or not?

i want to be Uber motorbike rider.Then can carry tnn MILF.

accelerate,brake,accelerate,brake........how shoik :grin:

4th Gear

Wow KNS. more like vomit on your back than let u song. hahahha

Turbocharged (edited)

u also mean increase incentive during peak hr? if uber controls 80% of mkt, u thk theyll still raise incentives since consumers n uber drivers have no choice? sounds like comfort delgro now right heh

Edited by Duckduck

Turbocharged

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/28/us-uber-china-idUSKCN0QW1XE20150828

big timers looking to IPO... they fark watever happens to this coy post moratorium lah

reminds me of FB IPO book build.. they raised private funds more than 1 yr ahead of IPO... these early bird VHNWIs all profited lor.. of cse FB is actually making profits vs uber which isnt ... yet...?!?

Yep... most angel financiers... when looking at a business plan... will ask "what's your exit plan?"

Smash and grab more like. As much as I like Uber... it will be good to even the playing field somewhat.... both with regards to taxi driver training and the rental they have to pay out to the large companies.

Something has to give if they want to stay relevant in this age of Uber and Grabtaxi.

• Praise 1

Twincharged (edited)

I know uber drivers who also drive for grabcar at the same time. So that they will have more than enough bookings. Rental remains the same. Alot of Transcab drivers have switched to Uber already.

They not worried uber close down cuz they can easily go back to Transcab. I saw a relative apply to be relief for Transcab. They have so many taxis idling around, they don't care who they accept. They told him, as long as he can find a driver who needs a relief, discuss with him and they will contract him immediately. Never even ask if he had any demerit points and all that.

Edited by Nzy

Supersonic

It is call a demand surge. It is multiple of fares.

Twincharged

I think the taxi industry will undergo a major revamp after this.

Not necessarily ban Uber but more likely a compulsory course for drivers to attend and pass, plus more regulatory framework to protect all.

Last week my friend and I were stranded in the rain (with my car less than 1km away) and my friend booked a taxi via Grabtaxi. My friend wanted to drop me off at my car and carry on to his destination several MRTs away. In the end, the taxi "flew an aeroplane" on us and claimed to have fetched the wrong passenger. After getting another one that arrived finally, I found his attitude very lacking, communications problem. Zero customer service even though he dropped us off safely.

This is a festering problem (taxi industry and standards) that MOT will not let go off.

Supersonic

u also mean increase incentive during peak hr? if uber controls 80% of mkt, u thk theyll still raise incentives since consumers n uber drivers have no choice? sounds like comfort delgro now right heh

The circle will start again loh.

Turbocharged

It is call a demand surge. It is multiple of fares.

Last Friday, my friend want to go back Jurong (From RWS)

On the Uber application, the estimated fare is S$60 to S$80 for a normal taxi.

Damn X

Last Friday, my friend want to go back Jurong (From RWS)

On the Uber application, the estimated fare is S$60 to S$80 for a normal taxi.

Damn X

normal taxi is cheaper if no queue during non peak hours.

Hypersonic

Haha, later motorbike sick then you know, be prepared to wash your shirt :grin:

↡ Advertisement