Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Of course Uber bro.

We drivers where can dictate the surge. If we can, we are no different from pirate taxis isn't it?

We just drive to the surge zone and wait for ping.

Willing rider, willing driver.

Am i right to say when passenger request for uber ride, and before he pressed on the confirm button and checked the estimated fare, the fare range will tell the passenger if the ride is 1.5 times or more?

↡ Advertisement

Am i right to say when passenger request for uber ride, and before he pressed on the confirm button and checked the estimated fare, the fare range will tell the passenger if the ride is 1.5 times or more?

Yes.

After confirm, still need to key in 1.5. Otherwise, bo pakei

Who key in 1.5?

passenger key-in 1.5

you can download UBER, register an account and play the app

Edited by Mcf777

Turbocharged

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/private-car-owners-who/2189542.html

SINGAPORE: The General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA) has advised private owners who are using their cars to ferry passengers in return for a fare to get expanded motor insurance coverage.

In a press statement on Tuesday (Oct 13), GIA said it wants to inform these motorists that their private insurance policies have a "limitation to use" condition, which restricts usage to "social, domestic and pleasure purposes".

This means that if the vehicle is used for "hire or reward" purposes, the insurer is entitled to void the policy on account of breach of warranty, and the policyholder can be denied indemnity under the policy.

Examples of such "hire and reward" usage would be motorists who use their private cars to provide transport services for a fee via ride-sharing apps like Uber and GrabCar.

For example, in the event of an accident, the insurer will not be liable to pay for the damage to the vehicle insured, damage to third-party property, or bodily injury resulting from the accident.

GIA also added that while "an insurer may deny indemnity to the policyholder on property damage claim, the Motor Vehicle (Third Party Risks and Compensation) Act Cap 189 disallows an insurer from denying compensation to claimants for third party bodily injury".

However, the same Act also has a provision in Section 8 (3) that allows the insurer to recover any sum paid by them in or towards the discharge of liability covered by the policy - under a condition in all motor insurance policies titled "Avoidance of Certain Terms and Rights of Recovery".

"As most cases of injury claims tend to be of substantial amounts, a policyholder will suffer heavy financial loss if not covered by an expanded motor insurance policy," said GIA.

The association said that for policyholders whose policy has a "limitation to use" warranty and who wishes to ferry passengers for "hire and reward", there are GIA member insurers that are "prepared to expand this limitation" to allow the vehicle to be insured for this purpose.

GIA also advised motorists to check with their insurers if their private car policies with standard restriction for use can be widened to cover business apart from social, domestic and pleasure usage.  

- CNA/wl

All the while I thought Uber and Grabcar insurance is different from private cars?? Some of the drivers told me the insurance is at least 3 times more than the usual?? So why GIA come out with such statement? 

• Praise 1

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/private-car-owners-who/2189542.html

SINGAPORE: The General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA) has advised private owners who are using their cars to ferry passengers in return for a fare to get expanded motor insurance coverage.

In a press statement on Tuesday (Oct 13), GIA said it wants to inform these motorists that their private insurance policies have a "limitation to use" condition, which restricts usage to "social, domestic and pleasure purposes".

This means that if the vehicle is used for "hire or reward" purposes, the insurer is entitled to void the policy on account of breach of warranty, and the policyholder can be denied indemnity under the policy.

Examples of such "hire and reward" usage would be motorists who use their private cars to provide transport services for a fee via ride-sharing apps like Uber and GrabCar.

For example, in the event of an accident, the insurer will not be liable to pay for the damage to the vehicle insured, damage to third-party property, or bodily injury resulting from the accident.

GIA also added that while "an insurer may deny indemnity to the policyholder on property damage claim, the Motor Vehicle (Third Party Risks and Compensation) Act Cap 189 disallows an insurer from denying compensation to claimants for third party bodily injury".

However, the same Act also has a provision in Section 8 (3) that allows the insurer to recover any sum paid by them in or towards the discharge of liability covered by the policy - under a condition in all motor insurance policies titled "Avoidance of Certain Terms and Rights of Recovery".

"As most cases of injury claims tend to be of substantial amounts, a policyholder will suffer heavy financial loss if not covered by an expanded motor insurance policy," said GIA.

The association said that for policyholders whose policy has a "limitation to use" warranty and who wishes to ferry passengers for "hire and reward", there are GIA member insurers that are "prepared to expand this limitation" to allow the vehicle to be insured for this purpose.

GIA also advised motorists to check with their insurers if their private car policies with standard restriction for use can be widened to cover business apart from social, domestic and pleasure usage.  

- CNA/wl

All the while I thought Uber and Grabcar insurance is different from private cars?? Some of the drivers told me the insurance is at least 3 times more than the usual?? So why GIA come out with such statement? 

For the longest time, Uber requires its driver to have a separate commercial insurance.

These are the people who sits in office and do nothing but make comments that make them look STUPID.

All cars doing Uber or Grabcar must be registered as Z10 under LTA and HAVE VALID COMMERCIAL INSURANCE.

NO ONE CAN USE THEIR PRIVATE CAR to do Uber and / or Grabcar.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Is commercial insurance expensive?

Let's say a vehicle has been fully paid for, is there such thing as 3rd party commercial insurance?

uber can use lorry or not? [grin]

Even helicopter oso can...

post-113529-0-78937800-1444729850.jpg

But make sure you have the necessary paper work else people will come out and talk  [gossip]  :grin:

took my 2nd uber ride today (last one was on Sunday). Experience still ok, except both drivers depend SOLELY on Google to guide them. The first one took a route which I would not have taken. Hopefully these drivers will improve as they clock more mileage

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

took my 2nd uber ride today (last one was on Sunday). Experience still ok, except both drivers depend SOLELY on Google to guide them. The first one took a route which I would not have taken. Hopefully these drivers will improve as they clock more mileage

Bro, most of the time I also depend on the GPS by Uber. There are simply too many streets and avenues in areas like Tampines, Pasir Ris, Woodlands, Bukit Panjang, Jurong East and West, Bukit Batok, Clementi, etc.

There's no way a driver can know all the routes.

If you are talking about areas where one frequent often and stay, then of course no need depend on GPS.

You can always tell the driver which route you prefer, am sure they are willing to go whatever route you prefer.

I am always happy when passengers tell me which route they want to go.

But there are some passengers that I also want to kick out out of the car. For example, I fetched someone from airport and exited ECP Marine Parade. He's staying at the Shore Residences. So I wanted to go by east coast road and turn left but he die die want me to exit marine parade road and go thru' the roundabout. At that time, the left lane to marine parade was clogged up. KNN, it's the same distance la!

Hope you understand.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

I thought you can ask the uber driver to take the route you want? Same like taxi driver.

• Praise 2

I thought you can ask the uber driver to take the route you want? Same like taxi driver.

if out of GPS route and he got lost how? [laugh]

I always specify my route whenever i board.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1