Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Supersonic

During accident, all these gadgets will become flying missile. Very dangerous

Time to clamp down all these gadgets for the sake of passengers in the taxi.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/this-cabby-is-doing-big-business-with-his-apple-samsung-and-sony-phones-on

main_22.jpg

It's ok, only 3 handphones and 1 airbag slam in his face.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

My brother was showing me his uber receipt and compared with normal taxi, its cheaper. Plus he emailed uber and they did reply saying that their passengers are all covered by insurance. I guess that is why uber is still popular.

so drivers of uber are all taxi drivers or can pte car owner double up as taxi driver?

Supercharged

Uber are private car owners but you have to convert & pay higher for your insurance .... :ph34r:

I see.....but are uber drivers licenced by LTA?

just curious.....I will be glad to take uber taxi but I want to be sure the uber taxi driver is not dodgy.

I see.....but are uber drivers licenced by LTA?

just curious.....I will be glad to take uber taxi but I want to be sure the uber taxi driver is not dodgy.

Nothing heard about licence from LTA but it is a international company where if you want to be their drivers, you have to attend a 1/2 day course.

They operate by GPS system and once you are their members, you have to standby by your HP all the time. The GPS will send signal to the nearest location from a caller and you cannot reject.

You earn by the number of trips you attended too unless you off your handphone, then you won't receive calls... [;)]

Just like radio call taxi, cannot choose passenger and will not know what kind of passengers calling for you. Good passenger consider yourself lucky, nasty ones, god bless you... [sweatdrop]

Those taxi running on the road to pickup passenger one better off. Don't like the passengers, just stop and ask for their destination and reply "sorry, changing shift" or "going workshop" and you report the oppersite direction you are going. This can avoid a lot of complaint later for failing to pickup passenger under LTA rules... [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
$7 A MINUTE. power la uber ... this kind of rate, better ask is it 1 or 2 shot? :P (i kid, i kid)

We're excited to announce that we've added supercars to the Uber Singapore platform! Starting this Saturday, March 21st, you'll be able to request a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder or Maserati GranTurismo Coupe to come pick you up. And what's better? This weekend, the pickups are free courtesy of our partner Dream Drive.

In order to request your supercar, open up your Uber app, swipe to either the Lamborghini or Maserati icon and press "Set Pickup Location." If a car is available, it will come directly to you and you will be riding to your destination in style.

Free rides are available Saturday, March 21st and Sunday, March 22nd from 10am-1pm (limited to 15 minute slots). After this weekend the pricing for the Lamborghini is $200 base fare + $7 per minute and the pricing for the Maserati is $165 base fare + $7 per minute.

Edited by Sp4wn

Nothing heard about licence from LTA but it is a international company where if you want to be their drivers, you have to attend a 1/2 day course.

They operate by GPS system and once you are their members, you have to standby by your HP all the time. The GPS will send signal to the nearest location from a caller and you cannot reject.

You earn by the number of trips you attended too unless you off your handphone, then you won't receive calls... [;)]

Just like radio call taxi, cannot choose passenger and will not know what kind of passengers calling for you. Good passenger consider yourself lucky, nasty ones, god bless you... [sweatdrop]

Those taxi running on the road to pickup passenger one better off. Don't like the passengers, just stop and ask for their destination and reply "sorry, changing shift" or "going workshop" and you report the oppersite direction you are going. This can avoid a lot of complaint later for failing to pickup passenger under LTA rules... [laugh][laugh]

Took an Uber ride for the 1st time yesterday... my car in workshop for 3 days.

Uber ride ended up being about $4/- more than the comfort taxi ride the day before. But...

1) the app gave me a piece of mind about how far away the ride was

2) the car itself was noticeably fresher than the taxi

3) I liked the credit card payment and subsequent email giving fare breakdown

There's also a "taxi" choice in the app showing yellow cabs. Is that for normal cabs?

Uber ride ended up being about $4/- more than the comfort taxi ride the day before. But...

There's also a "taxi" choice in the app showing yellow cabs. Is that for normal cabs?

Private car? Later u kena rape how? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

The comfort taxi I took a couple of days ago had a small temple in the front center and a mobile shop display to his right....

Don't know how he was able to see through that small opening.

Private car? Later u kena rape how? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

:D:D

me... forty years old with a pockmarked face and a slight paunch [:p] a pretty boy I am not.

• Praise 1

In SG, the drivers are more law abiding. Cannot be said in other countries ... [lipsrsealed]

In India, one was raped, in MY one was robbed.... etc, [grin]

Uber taxi or uber X?

I am a regular Uber user because Uber do take my feedback seriously (response time to my feedback is approximately 1 day).

Uber taxi or uber X?

I am a regular Uber user because Uber do take my feedback seriously (response time to my feedback is approximately 1 day).

It was an UberX i45 Hyundai. Good car, relaxed driver. He was saying that while his daily hire was cheaper than a Comfort cab, the fact that the i45 was a petrol model made making break even more tough.

Turbocharged

any Uber driver in this forum?

How much is the Commericial car insurance you are paying?

usually is a group sets up a limited liability coy then registers a fleet of cars to be used as uber cars :)