W212 owners, please check-in

Thaiyotakamli

2008 and 2009 are still W211. Agree W212 is the one to buy but most are not yet 10 years old. Need to renew early.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/overview-w212-e-class-reliability-common-problems/

First batch of w212 was rolled out in sgp around Nov 2009. There are some 2009(year end) w212 out there but most if not all of the 2009 w212 have been renewed Coe by dealers though none have reached 10 years old.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Would you guys think it's prudent to renew Coe for a E350 with full AMG kit w/exhaust from cycle?

What’s the parf? Mileage?

It depends on the reliability so far. If you don’t mind 1.5times the road tax at year 15, then why not if there are substantial savings vs a new equivalent model.

But I would think it would be harder to sell off later on due to the road tax unless it’s a special model like an amg or Coupé cabriolet. Else most would go for a E250.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

I want to share the experience I had with my W212 remote key fob battery problem.

Recently I kept getting change remote key battery error on my display with one of my remote. I replaced it with a few types of cr2025 batteries, either I will get the same error or worst still the key fob would just not respond at all. I measured the voltage of the cell batteries, all of them have more the 3v, meaning the cell coin batteries are ok.

I was at the verge of giving up since I have another spare fob, I happened to see NTUC selling 4 piece pack Energigzer cr2025, I thought might as well give it a last try , to my pleasant surprise, the key fob worked perfectly after using the batteriy.

So long story short, if any of you have battery problem on your fob, try buying energigzer and there might be a good chance that it will work.

I want to share the experience I had with my W212 remote key fob battery problem.

Recently I kept getting change remote key battery error on my display with one of my remote. I replaced it with a few types of cr2025 batteries, either I will get the same error or worst still the key fob would just not respond at all. I measured the voltage of the cell batteries, all of them have more the 3v, meaning the cell coin batteries are ok.

I was at the verge of giving up since I have another spare fob, I happened to see NTUC selling 4 piece pack Energigzer cr2025, I thought might as well give it a last try , to my pleasant surprise, the key fob worked perfectly after using the batteriy.

So long story short, if any of you have battery problem on your fob, try buying energigzer and there might be a good chance that it will work.

• Praise 3

My first change was using Energizer as well. Also did not have any issues after that. Good to know that other brands might not work as well. Thanks for sharing.

The problem may not be just the battery. I always used Energizer when replacing the battery for my W211 but I will still get the change battery message soon after 1-3 months. As the message came so quickly I will usually ignore the message for 2-3 months. As a precaution, I kept spare 2025 in my car in case they conk out. (can still open door with key). I suspect the system is very sensitive to slightly lowered voltage.

The problem may not be just the battery. I always used Energizer when replacing the battery for my W211 but I will still get the change battery message soon after 1-3 months. As the message came so quickly I will usually ignore the message for 2-3 months. As a precaution, I kept spare 2025 in my car in case they conk out. (can still open door with key). I suspect the system is very sensitive to slightly lowered voltage.

3 months seems normal but 1 month sounds little  shorter than normal. But glad to know could stretch the life span of the usage slightly. I did some read up in the internet, some claimed  that if the key fob is placed too close to the car, it will drain the battery quicker because the remote will keep communicating with the transponder in the car.  

3 months seems normal but 1 month sounds little  shorter than normal. But glad to know could stretch the life span of the usage slightly. I did some read up in the internet, some claimed  that if the key fob is placed too close to the car, it will drain the battery quicker because the remote will keep communicating with the transponder in the car.  

To clarify, this problem only happen on one of my key fob, the other fob is fine.

To clarify, this problem only happen on one of my key fob, the other fob is fine.

Thanks. Same for me too, the other key fob seems fine with any batteries as well.  

one of my hood stopper broke the other day.

I bought one cheap cheap from Lazada to replace it myself.

post-84721-0-83703000-1550230388_thumb.jpg

post-84721-0-67133600-1550230490_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows if it is legal to convert the pre-facelift W212 to the facelifted model? Any issues if aftermarket headlights are installed? 

Anyone knows if it is legal to convert the pre-facelift W212 to the facelifted model? Any issues if aftermarket headlights are installed? 

Very big & costly Job[Original Lights already $2,000] [bigcry] ,must well sell your Car & buy a Facelift Model.? [thumbsup] Most Current Cars,not easy to do "Facelift" ourself,not like the W124 & 126,just change Bonnet,Lights & put Side Moulding...W126 the most easy,Front & Rear Bumpers,Side Slit & Doors Mouldings....

Neutral Newbie

one of my hood stopper broke the other day.

I bought one cheap cheap from Lazada to replace it myself. 20190215_191525.jpg

Hi I'm having same problem as you but I do not know how to remove the old broken spring from the bonnet. It seems stuck in the hole. Could you guide me on how to replace the spring? Thanks.

Hi I'm having same problem as you but I do not know how to remove the old broken spring from the bonnet. It seems stuck in the hole. Could you guide me on how to replace the spring? Thanks.

Danerine,

very easy, it is  lactched-on using plastic only. You just have to use a small screw driver to push in the 3(in fact 2 will do) plastic inward,  the stopper will drop out naturally.  refer to the diagram. Good luck and enjoy. 

post-84721-0-69916100-1552890373.jpg

Edited by Ct3833

Neutral Newbie

Danerine,

very easy, it is lactched-on using plastic only. You just have to use a small screw driver to push in the 3(in fact 2 will do) plastic inward, the stopper will drop out naturally. refer to the diagram. Good luck and enjoy.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I will go try and see.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I will go try and see.

Pleasure. Do feedback if you still are unable to get it out , though I do not think so.

Neutral Newbie

Pleasure. Do feedback if you still are unable to get it out , though I do not think so.

Hi thanks for your wonderful help. I have managed to remove it and installed the new spring. Cheers!

Hi thanks for your wonderful help. I have managed to remove it and installed the new spring. Cheers!

Glad to be able to help solve a few dollars problem. Haha. Enjoy !
↡ Advertisement