W212 owners, please check-in

Thaiyotakamli

1 hour ago, Micb said:

Thanks for the reply to all !

I have found out the if auxiliary battery is available for models with eco mode.   SInce mine comes without eco mode, there is only one main battery in the under the hood.

For the brake hold, I will have to try again.

If you want to compare or try brake hold on another car, please PM me, I can let you compare mine but mine is a e200 CGI, should be the same though. 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

On 1/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, gerrylin said:

True. there is one 2010 E250 with 63,900 km only,  1 Owner, Full Service Record At CarLab, mileage is similar or even less than those 80K+  2016 Q50.  difficult to weigh the two.

U must noe what u Wan,not which is a better deal,realli?

premium car(mb) dun realli make any sense to me till I bought one.

A 10yrs old w212 is decent,even in CGI specs.

if u fancy one get the last of the 1.8 with 7G tronic,veri slick & it have the latest gear select,auto shift on the steering wheel,like what u see on the latest,mb tends to overlap dis kind of things.

Bcos if dat,its still relevant.

M271 engine giving 204 horses is pretty decent

& Guess what?

the current 2 litres E class is also giving 204 as well.

A neighbour of mine bought the latest W213 & the salesman told him its a new engine.

I say realli?

The newer M274 engine have been around since the face lifted W212 but the newly launched,actually today ,the E180 engine is NEW.

And the mileage thingy,nvr ever trust the numbers on the meters,Most mercs mileage 

have been tweek.

If u are serious abt dat,called up C&C and check when the last time ,he’s been to cycle?

add 15k to a year & probably u get the numbers.

But there again the car might not have visit cycle for a long long time.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, Vinceng said:

Went to view several W212s with a friend, and the faded interior switches seem a common issue in almost all cars we viewed.

Other common malfunctions are the electronics - rain, light and temperature sensors etc., and leading oil slumps, worn shocks, common with cars this age. See diagnosis.

If you intend to purchase a 2009 or 2010 example with renewed 10-year COE or intend to COE, be prepared to spend at least S$10,000 to do up the car to drive for 10 years.

M11.jpg

M22.jpg

MA1.jpg

MA2.jpg

MA3.jpg

MA44.jpg

No need 10k brader.

Those faded interior switches ,u can have a few option.

Go to scrap yard ,propel,better check with the web site,save u some walking & enquire.

Many 212 around being scrap.

Alternatively u can buy new ,no need mb part,ask for oem part.

Normally renew coe cars ,it’s always the mount,engine & gb gotta do,dis one must be new & original part.

Another thing must do is to flush the gearbox,comming to 10yrs ,lots of dirt & grime,a must do.

i suggest ,do look@ the last of the 1800 dat comes with a 7Gtronic ,gear select & twin exhaust integrated with the number,real slick.

Some good wshop will sort u out for much less than u thought.

U can pm me ?

Hi my w212 CGI has an orange check enginge light, error code is p0107. I saw a crack on the intercooler hose.  I taped the crack temporarily before buying a new hose to replace it. The error code is gone after tapping and code reset . Before I buy the replacement, anyone has experience using aluminum pipe? Is it worth the while?20200314_093046.thumb.jpg.f79e8226e5193722063fb9f3f73ce1ab.jpg

20200314_093221.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Hello W212 owners, I have a customer who just bought an E300 V6 Pre-Facelift and he is looking to change the following.

1. LED Headlight bulbs (Where can he find the whitest & error code free)

2. Sports Edition Front Grill 

3. LED Fog Lights (His car is using fog lights)

4. Rear Diffuser with Quad Exhaust (The car is not AMG line)

Twincharged
On 3/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, Ct3833 said:

Hi my w212 CGI has an orange check enginge light, error code is p0107. I saw a crack on the intercooler hose.  I taped the crack temporarily before buying a new hose to replace it. The error code is gone after tapping and code reset . Before I buy the replacement, anyone has experience using aluminum pipe? Is it worth the while?20200314_093046.thumb.jpg.f79e8226e5193722063fb9f3f73ce1ab.jpg

20200314_093221.jpg

Just buy back stock. Less hassles. If it breaks again which is likely 10years down the road. Probably you won’t have the car by then. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Just buy back stock. Less hassles. If it breaks again which is likely 10years down the road. Probably you won’t have the car by then. 

Thanks. No time, so tapped it first. Haha.

20200314_094739.jpg

Edited by Ct3833

On 3/23/2020 at 9:32 PM, Mkl22 said:

Haha backside itchy. My son Went to order the whole set of Taiwan made alumni pipe , he just had it replaced. Hope it works.

20200405_154735.jpg

20200405_155240.jpg

• Praise 3

On 3/23/2020 at 9:19 PM, AlexTan05 said:

Hello W212 owners, I have a customer who just bought an E300 V6 Pre-Facelift and he is looking to change the following.

1. LED Headlight bulbs (Where can he find the whitest & error code free)

2. Sports Edition Front Grill 

3. LED Fog Lights (His car is using fog lights)

4. Rear Diffuser with Quad Exhaust (The car is not AMG line)

Ask your friend to contact sonic racing at Toh Guan, they do w212 pre facelift to facelift upgrade with AMG body kits plus software upgrade, be prepared to throw in about 10 grands which I do not have 😅😅

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

After that....failed inspection. 🐿️

You said me or said the facelift modification 😅😅. Not sure if the facelift mode will fail, a lot of work invloved, and I saw quite a number of mods, so I think should be ok.  I pray for them.

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Ask your friend to contact sonic racing at Toh Guan, they do w212 pre facelift to facelift upgrade with AMG body kits plus software upgrade, be prepared to throw in about 10 grands which I do not have 😅😅

Throw in 10k but never add value to scrap or resale lol

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

You said me or said the facelift modification 😅😅. Not sure if the facelift mode will fail, a lot of work invloved, and I saw quite a number of mods, so I think should be ok.  I pray for them.

its in general. Especially mod like LED lights/exhaust that would run into trouble if not lucky.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Throw in 10k but never add value to scrap or resale lol

I thought so too but not just w212 or merce, there are people who spend significant amount of money to mod their cars in different ways. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

I thought so too but not just w212 or merce, there are people who spend significant amount of money to mod their cars in different ways. 

Yah some ppl enjoy mod, no right no wrong just personal preference

• Praise 1

I intend to renew the COE for my July 2012 W212 250E 7G-tronic.

To renew now or wait till 2022?

On 7/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, Tjon said:

I intend to renew the COE for my July 2012 W212 250E 7G-tronic.

To renew now or wait till 2022?

if you renew now, you will have to write off  two years of depreciation, that is about at least 32k depending on how much you paid for the car. that is to say, unless the PQP in two years time will be 32k more expensive than now, which is possible but less likely. Assuming the PQP will to go up to 70k, you still wont have much to lose. So it is worth waiting for your case. Anyway COE will not go up too much till end of the year because of COVID 19, so you can just wait and see, a few more months of wait would be a few more months of depre saving for you.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1