W212 owners, please check-in

Thaiyotakamli

Hi,

I intend to buy a W212 2010 model. Anything that I have to look out for during test drive. The car condition look good and service by C&C. Advise needed. Thanks.

If the car is serviced by C&C all along, then you should be safe. They should have done the necessary  routine preventive maintenance in addition to the usual servicing. 

one easiest way is to scroll through the service menu using the buttons on the steering wheel, any obvious faults should be reflected on the console.

Though still performing servicing, some owners may skim on preventive maintenance during the last few months before selling off their car,  you may need to replace some of the wear and tear stuff like brake and rotor but those are not costly. You can also visually check the outer brake pads thickness using your handphone LED  easily if you want.

I am not aware of any peculiar problem with this model,  what you could do is to use the usual test drive method to assess the car. 

- turn steering full turn back and forth to listen for noise. 

- drive over road bumps to listen for undercarriage knocking noise. Another better way to assess shock problem would be to drive over HDB open space parking lots where are a lot of perforated cement slabs, the uneven surface helps manifest suspension problem easily. but you need to look for a empty car park to have a stretch that is long enough for the test.

others are  visual check of engine compartment and visual check of booth and  spare wheel well for rust and water etc.

I am no expert , the rest of bro may want to chip in and feel free to correct me . 

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If the car is serviced by C&C all along, then you should be safe. They should have done the necessary  routine preventive maintenance in addition to the usual servicing. 

one easiest way is to scroll through the service menu using the buttons on the steering wheel, any obvious faults should be reflected on the console.

Though still performing servicing, some owners may skim on preventive maintenance during the last few months before selling off their car,  you may need to replace some of the wear and tear stuff like brake and rotor but those are not costly. You can also visually check the outer brake pads thickness using your handphone LED  easily if you want.

I am not aware of any peculiar problem with this model,  what you could do is to use the usual test drive method to assess the car. 

- turn steering full turn back and forth to listen for noise. 

- drive over road bumps to listen for undercarriage knocking noise. Another better way to assess shock problem would be to drive over HDB open space parking lots where are a lot of perforated cement slabs, the uneven surface helps manifest suspension problem easily. but you need to look for a empty car park to have a stretch that is long enough for the test.

others are  visual check of engine compartment and visual check of booth and  spare wheel well for rust and water etc.

I am no expert , the rest of bro may want to chip in and feel free to correct me . 

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. My second time buying a re-sales car. The first car that I bought are from direct owner, this time I buying from the second hand car dealer. I may have to test drive to have a feel of the condition of the car.

Hi all, I've just gotten a e200, w212. I realised that my fuel consumption was not good, I only manage to get 8-9 km/l. Not heavy footed, 60% highway. Can share what's your consumption?

• Praise 1

Hi all, I've just gotten a e200, w212. I realised that my fuel consumption was not good, I only manage to get 8-9 km/l. Not heavy footed, 60% highway. Can share what's your consumption?

FL or pre-FL W212? FL E250 3 yrs old. Average 10-10.5 km/l when 60% expressway. 80% expressway driving, consumption 12-13 km/l.

Check your Tires Pressure.?Air Filter.?60% Highway only get 9km/L...too much,if 60% City driving will be 6-7km/L,..this is S320 FC.

Hi,

I intend to buy a W212 2010 model. Anything that I have to look out for during test drive. The car condition look good and service by C&C. Advise needed. Thanks.

What is the Mileage.?

Check your Tires Pressure.?Air Filter.?60% Highway only get 9km/L...too much,if 60% City driving will be 6-7km/L,..this is S320 FC.

What is the Mileage.?

The mileage of the W212 E250 is between 108000 to 125000 km. it consider quite low usage. Owner usually travel point to point.

What is the Mileage.?

Mine is high mileage, over 200k km. It's a pre facelift model. Just change the absorber, mounting, lower and upper arm, etc. I'll check on the air filter. Tyres are new.

(edited)

I m driving pre fl w212 past 1 year, just added a new sport grille and throttle kit. Loving it. Also drove FL w212 and F10 before this, I would say pre fl w212 Beats all ... just my humble and personal opinion. The classic look, the space, prefer the gear to be on the left centre console la

Edited by tt09
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi , can you double check if you are not reading 9 litre/100km ? This can be confusing.

Also, did you read from the screen that shows "from start" or the next screen that shows " from reset "? I notice the from reset screen indicates a higher consumption which is highly likely overstated.

(edited)

Anybody know the cost to change 4x brake pad from C&C for W212, or is there a cheaper option? I am checking the cost if I buy a used W212. Thanks.

Edited by ccsgl1900
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Anybody know the cost to change 4x brake pad from C&C for W212, or is there a cheaper option? I am checking the cost if I buy a used W212. Thanks.

You buy a 2nd Mercedes Benz,just worried about the costs of Brake Pads.?The Brake Pads costed not much,but the Brake discs are more expensive,& yes,this can be change outside at a lower price.....these are Wear & Tear Items....

Thanks for the information.

Actually, I have been doing my due diligent to ensure I get the best deal. I have test driven a few Merc E-Class. I like the build quality. I am balancing between sending back to C&C or Merc workshop. Personally, I have not own a Merc so I am not sure the cost of service in C&C compare to other workshop. ;))

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Thanks for the information.

Actually, I have been doing my due diligent to ensure I get the best deal. I have test driven a few Merc E-Class. I like the build quality. I am balancing between sending back to C&C or Merc workshop. Personally, I have not own a Merc so I am not sure the cost of service in C&C compare to other workshop. ;))

Hi, changing brake pad and even rotor is not very expensive if you go outside worokshop. I replaced front pad and rotor about 2 year ago, cant remember how much but was like the price of Japanese car that i didnt bother to remember, certainly not a price that i would scream at. You can call your regular workshop for an estimate.

Servicing e200 at c&c would cost about $400 including engine oil, provided no repair. This is about the same as some other AD out there. If needs other repair, you can tell them not to do proceed, after servicing then you send to workshop for specific repair.

Edited by Ct3833

Thanks.

Hi, changing brake pad and even rotor is not very expensive if you go outside worokshop. I replaced front pad and rotor about 2 year ago, cant remember how much but was like the price of Japanese car that i didnt bother to remember, certainly not a price that i would scream at. You can call your regular workshop for an estimate.

Servicing e200 at c&c would cost about $400 including engine oil, provided no repair. This is about the same as some other AD out there. If needs other repair, you can tell them not to do proceed, after servicing then you send to workshop for specific repair.

Hi all

Just bought a used w212 recently.

Was unable to open front passenger door from outside today.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Edited by Scorpio8
  • Praise 1

Hi all

Just bought a used w212 recently.

Was unable to open front passenger door from outside today.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Hi,

It is due to the car key battery.

Hi

Its been quite some time.

Let me chimes in.

As one comment mention,merk parts are decent.

Notice it when I move from an preown camry to a used C class&than dis E.

Nowadays I hardly buy new ,perhaps no money,maybe dun fancy getting a big hit in the depreciation but loves to navigate around all the preown!

The trick is to set aside say 3,4K on TOP of yr price to sort it out.lately,I have a fetish of visiting w/shop & I would bring my juzz collected used vehicle to to like 3 or 4 wshop on Saturdays to give it a once over & replacing ,flushing & draining of all the fluids plus throw away all usual stuff like spark plug ,wiper etc.

After those few visit ,u will find yr car is almost like new(it's a 200k car,new) even u might not wan's to replacing those wear & tear parts like mount,pads & rotors.

Here's the price

1) 1 Set Front Brake Pad $155(Original)

2) 1 Set Rear Brake Pad $130(Original)

3) 2pcs Brake Pad Sensor $15×2=$30

4) Front LH & RH Brake Disc $200×2=$400 (Original)

5) Rear LH & RH Brake Disc $130×2=$260 (Original)

6) Labour Charge $120

Total $1095

Another thing u should consider is tha AET ceramic pad ,mercs pad are infamous for the dust.

Of coarse u can buy yr own spares but accord where I used to go needs to pays a bit more labour if u BYOS.

Now dey have some promo going on.

3 svcs package

For conti,u pay 120(I think),all original stuff,2nd one,pay full price,third visit FREE.

I also go chip soon in Tampines,lots of ex c&c staff.

If u have not bought the E ,try to buy from republic ,part of c&c dey gives better warranty and the W212 got some cam chain issue,I pays thousand plus to get it replaced.

Its a wonderful car,think I will renew my COE.

• Praise 1

I m driving pre fl w212 past 1 year, just added a new sport grille and throttle kit. Loving it. Also drove FL w212 and F10 before this, I would say pre fl w212 Beats all ... just my humble and personal opinion. The classic look, the space, prefer the gear to be on the left centre console la

Am sure ,it Beats all.

But the later 212 pfl comes with something I am particularly looking at,the gear select!

If everybody is doing it on the left&yours on the right.

Dats damn right COOL !

Not only dat,it juzz so easy to use.

Give u a scenario?

From yr morning car park to a lot in yr office

From P to D

3 clicks

Office to reverse to yr lot

From D to R

2 clicks

Before off engine

From R to P

1 click

Any journey From start to end 6 click

For a gear select

Start journey click

Reverse click

Done click

Nowadays the gear shift is all electronic with the modern cars,either right or left shift.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1