W212 owners, please check-in

Thaiyotakamli

Anyone have problems with the speakers with this model? Mine making funny sounds. Any bros or sis have workshop recommendations for oem speakers.

Common problem, likely the driver's cone torn after a few years. A pair fo speaker range from about $180 to $600 depending on how much you love listening music in your car.
↡ Advertisement

Anyone have problems with the speakers with this model? Mine making funny sounds. Any bros or sis have workshop recommendations for oem speakers.

The speaker mounted on my driver's door kaput after 2 years. C&C replaced FOC under warranty with no hesitation. The OEM speakers are not great. Check out the brand German Maestro. They make drop-in OEM replacement speakers for Merc/Audi etc. Someone in SG Merc quoted a price of around $600 for 4 speakers. I cannot say anything about sound quality as never heard them.   

I will go this route when the other speakers fail. Warranty over for my car. 

This is especially so when a car is started with a hot engine, the fan will spin at much higher RPM which resulting in louder noise outside the car. The engine itself is not noisier than other car though . But when in the cabin, the sound insulation is so good that road noise and engine noise are probably the lowest among most of the cars.

By the way, does anyone have experience in removing the platic tubing of the lumbar pump before? My passenger side pump is screwed , there is power input but the pump is not working i intend to replace it but the tubing connections are all very tight. I dont want to screw it up.

Thanks.

Managed to pull out the yellow and red hose. The small pump at the left of the seat is working, the rectangle valve is also working. I think it is the lumbar support switch problem. the inflate, up, down button are working but the deflate button is not responding.  Anyone know how to remove lower side plastic cover of the seat? i  need to remove the lumbar support switch to take a look.. 

I changed all 4 speakers to this brand Hertz. Component in front coaxial behind but tapping on the original oem tweeters. Sound is good.

My oem speakers all already burst and not producing any bass.

Try check on carousell for offers

Edited by Scorpio8

I changed all 4 speakers to this brand Hertz. Component in front coaxial behind but tapping on the original oem tweeters. Sound is good.

My oem speakers all already burst and not producing any bass.

Try check on carousell for offers

Sorry. Got mine from sgcarmart.

Thanks for all the help and feedback, greatly appreciated!

So how bro, what is the damage eventually ? Upgrade speakers in exchange for more happiness?

IMHO and sharing,... mine was quiet all the while until sold.

....that said there are always exceptions that problems may come about given its all mechanical, electronics or electrica with wear and tear and lifespan to consider.

then there are also the other considering components like car age, number of owners, mileages, perferred / trusted workshops, driving patterns and what have you not.....its not like its impossible to "spoil" a good car.

and while it can be negotiated on what is quiet, noisy or noisier,it still does differ from one to another.

my practiced rule of the thumb is that if it does not feel right or if it bothers me, the car is going to the workshop for a good check and if need be, serviced and / or parts replaced......... of course warning alerts on the panel especailly the safety concerned ones must take action fast la.

no right or wrong if being more certain makes one feel better, you may want to consider sending your car for a good check at a good workshop that you may continue to fully enjoy your ride......I would, noise from the engine is also something I would struggle with if not taken care of quickly.

Hi Guys & gals

juzz bump into a fantastic deal,tot u fellas must b interested

Dats my w212 quotation

Mercedes-Benz E250 7G

Genuine Fuel Filter - $560

Labour for all replacements - $120

*Downtime 2 hours(probably less,I think)

Retail Price = $680.00

Member Price = $596.00

Member GMP(genius mercs price) Price = $548.40 (Promo ends 31st Dec 2018)

Please note that prices quoted are before GST & subjected to change without prior notice.

*note:as it stands now another 10% off for genuine mb parts.

is it a giveaway or what?

think dey have another deal where u can purchase 3 minor svcs plus 1 major for an X amount.

F...ing awesome deal ,if u ask me.

Called & ask for ms Leslie JKS motor works 88119996

My w212 trunk release decided to stop working on me. There is micro motor clicking sound but the boot does not open. i could use the key to open it.

Any idea what is wrong ? I intend to buy ta trunk actuator to replace it. Any idea how much and which is the best stockist to buy this from ?

Thanks all.

My w212 trunk release decided to stop working on me. There is micro motor clicking sound but the boot does not open. i could use the key to open it.

Any idea what is wrong ? I intend to buy ta trunk actuator to replace it. Any idea how much and which is the best stockist to buy this from ?

Thanks all.

Spring damaged?

Spring damaged?

I didnt and have not  opened it up but i believe some plastic parts on  the actuator must have been broken. there was rotating motor sounds but the boot just would not open.   

Edited by Ct3833

Spring damaged?

opened up the boot today to remove the actuator. True to my believe that the release actuator is broken,  found a broken plastic.  fixed it back, tomorrow need to go look for a spare part from stockist. 

post-84721-0-80746600-1542984185_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

opened up the boot today to remove the actuator. True to my believe that the release actuator is broken, found a broken plastic. fixed it back, tomorrow need to go look for a spare part from stockist.

post-84721-0-08426500-1543033840_thumb.jpg

Bought a new actuator assembly from Min Ghee this morning and have it replaced.

post-84721-0-56735800-1543033877_thumb.jpg

post-84721-0-56185900-1543033929_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

attachicon.gif20181124_095519.jpg

Bought a new actuator assembly from Min Ghee this morning and have it replaced.

easy to DIY or need to remove a whole bunch of wires?

This youtube is a good list of things to watch out for

Edited by Sdf4786k

easy to DIY or need to remove a whole bunch of wires?

This youtube is a good list of things to watch out for

Thanks for the youtube. I have watched this too. Mine is not the air matic suspension, so i am not worried. I think in sgp only the S class come with airmatic, not the E class unless those very high specs ones.

Other things he mentioned like engine mount and traction control etc, to me those are wear and tear and i am not worried. I have switched from w211, w204 to w212, this is so far quite a nice and troublefree car. But i feel that W211 has a tougher build than this one. Just my own feel.

The boot lock mechanism is easy to DIY,

1. Remove the plastic cover.

2. Lossen the soft cover.

3. Unscrew the lock (two torx screws only)

4. Disconnet three wires. One for the trunk light, the other for the auto close switch and one for the release mechanism.

5. Detach the steel wire that connects to the key lock for manual release in case there is no power or the electronics problem( this is where one need to reach in deeper to unsnap the steel wire holder).

I think all in all you need about 30 min including times taken to figure things out.

Let me know if you need help. We can communicate separately.

Edited by Ct3833

Hi guys

My aircon smells when I switch on the engine. Anyone has this problem?

Thanks

Common problem for W212 due to design and our humid weather. I did aircon flushing to clear the issue but it came back. I read you can prevent the problem from resurfacing by switching off your aircon, leaving the air vent opened (no recirculation mode) about 5-10 mins before you reach your destination each time. It is freaking leychey, gave up after a while. Edited by Voodooman

Hi guys

My aircon smells when I switch on the engine. Anyone has this problem?

Thanks

If you are interested to know more. There is another video from the same publisher on how to fix the issue, if you are a DIY person.

Edited by Voodooman
↡ Advertisement