The problem may not be just the battery. I always used Energizer when replacing the battery for my W211 but I will still get the change battery message soon after 1-3 months. As the message came so quickly I will usually ignore the message for 2-3 months. As a precaution, I kept spare 2025 in my car in case they conk out. (can still open door with key). I suspect the system is very sensitive to slightly lowered voltage.

3 months seems normal but 1 month sounds little  shorter than normal. But glad to know could stretch the life span of the usage slightly. I did some read up in the internet, some claimed  that if the key fob is placed too close to the car, it will drain the battery quicker because the remote will keep communicating with the transponder in the car.  

↡ Advertisement

3 months seems normal but 1 month sounds little  shorter than normal. But glad to know could stretch the life span of the usage slightly. I did some read up in the internet, some claimed  that if the key fob is placed too close to the car, it will drain the battery quicker because the remote will keep communicating with the transponder in the car.  

To clarify, this problem only happen on one of my key fob, the other fob is fine.

To clarify, this problem only happen on one of my key fob, the other fob is fine.

Thanks. Same for me too, the other key fob seems fine with any batteries as well.  

one of my hood stopper broke the other day.

I bought one cheap cheap from Lazada to replace it myself.

post-84721-0-83703000-1550230388_thumb.jpg

post-84721-0-67133600-1550230490_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Anyone knows if it is legal to convert the pre-facelift W212 to the facelifted model? Any issues if aftermarket headlights are installed? 

↡ Advertisement

Anyone knows if it is legal to convert the pre-facelift W212 to the facelifted model? Any issues if aftermarket headlights are installed? 

Very big & costly Job[Original Lights already $2,000] [bigcry] ,must well sell your Car & buy a Facelift Model.? [thumbsup] Most Current Cars,not easy to do "Facelift" ourself,not like the W124 & 126,just change Bonnet,Lights & put Side Moulding...W126 the most easy,Front & Rear Bumpers,Side Slit & Doors Mouldings....

one of my hood stopper broke the other day.

I bought one cheap cheap from Lazada to replace it myself. 20190215_191525.jpg

Hi I'm having same problem as you but I do not know how to remove the old broken spring from the bonnet. It seems stuck in the hole. Could you guide me on how to replace the spring? Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi I'm having same problem as you but I do not know how to remove the old broken spring from the bonnet. It seems stuck in the hole. Could you guide me on how to replace the spring? Thanks.

Danerine,

very easy, it is  lactched-on using plastic only. You just have to use a small screw driver to push in the 3(in fact 2 will do) plastic inward,  the stopper will drop out naturally.  refer to the diagram. Good luck and enjoy. 

post-84721-0-69916100-1552890373.jpg

Edited by Ct3833

Danerine,

very easy, it is lactched-on using plastic only. You just have to use a small screw driver to push in the 3(in fact 2 will do) plastic inward, the stopper will drop out naturally. refer to the diagram. Good luck and enjoy.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I will go try and see.

Hi,

Thank you so much. I will go try and see.

Pleasure. Do feedback if you still are unable to get it out , though I do not think so.

Pleasure. Do feedback if you still are unable to get it out , though I do not think so.

Hi thanks for your wonderful help. I have managed to remove it and installed the new spring. Cheers!

Hi thanks for your wonderful help. I have managed to remove it and installed the new spring. Cheers!

Glad to be able to help solve a few dollars problem. Haha. Enjoy !

Hi guys

Just changed the following in my 2010 w212 e250, first time change as it's a pre owned car. Are the charges reasonable?

1. Front brake pads $230 - original

2. Rear brake pads $190 - original

3. AMG battery $220

Above not done at CnC.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Hi guys

Just changed the following in my 2010 w212 e250, first time change as it's a pre owned car. Are the charges reasonable?

1. Front brake pads $230 - original

2. Rear brake pads $190 - original

3. AMG battery $220

Above not done at CnC.

Thanks

Original brake pad there about. I just replaced my rear brake pad recently but OEM, plus disc pad sensor, $105per set. Edited by Ct3833

Dear All,

Is is worth to keep the W212 beyond 10 years? I am still considering to re-new it or change to another car.

Need advise on this , such as maintenance, spare part and major problem gear box, etc.

Thanks. 

ccs

Posted (edited)

Dear All,

Is is worth to keep the W212 beyond 10 years? I am still considering to re-new it or change to another car.

Need advise on this , such as maintenance, spare part and major problem gear box, etc.

Thanks. 

ccs

Depends on the current condition of the car, also depends on how you have been maintaining it. More importantly, do you feel good enough about the car to keep it for another 10 years?

The W212 is a good car - comfortable, solid, well-built, stable and undemanding to drive, much like the W124. You don't get the same feeling anymore with the newer W213 which feels lightweight. I very much prefer the 7-Gtronic GB to the older 5-speeder though.

Assuming that you have an E200 or E250, I think maintenance is straightforward and inexpensive. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

Saw quite a few COE W212 E250s on sale at around $8k depre

Seems reasonable as the W212 doesn't look terribly outdated and still quite stately. Anything to look out for?

• Praise 1

Went to view several W212s with a friend, and the faded interior switches seem a common issue in almost all cars we viewed.

Other common malfunctions are the electronics - rain, light and temperature sensors etc., and leading oil slumps, worn shocks, common with cars this age. See diagnosis.

If you intend to purchase a 2009 or 2010 example with renewed 10-year COE or intend to COE, be prepared to spend at least S$10,000 to do up the car to drive for 10 years.

M11.jpg

M22.jpg

MA1.jpg

MA2.jpg

MA3.jpg

MA44.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement