2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

Honda's a genius in churning out state-of-the-art small cars.

Here's why. 

The 2014 Honda Jazz is 4cm shorter but it offers 138 liters more cabin-space volume and nearly 13cm of extra rear legroom - compared to the predecessor.

Here's how Honda engineers eked out extra room in a shorter car.

For starters, Jazz's wheelbase has been stretched further apart by 3cm allowing its rear seat bench to move back outwardly by 7.6cm. Next, engineers made the centrally-mounted fuel tank located beneath the front seats thinner liberating more space for passengers but retains the same liter-volume as previous models.

Plus, the new Jazz could be served in a hedonic shade of lemonade yellow to go with its packaging.

773926df88cd2c5eabf9df26f557a2d6_zpsfe0b

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Recent honda cars design all cannot make it lo. How many brand new civic, accord and crv can you see on the road?

• Praise 3

Honda's a genius in churning out state-of-the-art small cars.
Here's why.
The 2014 Honda Jazz is 4cm shorter but it offers 138 liters more cabin-space volume and nearly 13cm of extra rear legroom - compared to the predecessor.
Here's how Honda engineers eked out extra room in a shorter car.
For starters, Jazz's wheelbase has been stretched further apart by 3cm allowing its rear seat bench to move back outwardly by 7.6cm. Next, engineers made the centrally-mounted fuel tank located beneath the front seats thinner liberating more space for passengers but retains the same liter-volume as previous models.
Plus, the new Jazz could be served in a hedonic shade of lemonade yellow to go with its packaging.
773926df88cd2c5eabf9df26f557a2d6_zpsfe0b

MIT?

• Praise 7

not only honda, MIJ in general din come out with pretty bnb car for sometime, maybe the new vios was an exception? i duno.... but beauty is really in eyes of the beholder... unless no one buys it, we can't say everyone finds it ugly.

however, one thing i find is MIJ technology or i would say, durability is still some what better den MIK as i find some people finding problem with 4-5yo avente and forte but yet to see any complain abt fit yet...

i am comparing these 3 models coz i remember 4-5yrs ago a few of my friends were thinkering between these models and most went for MIK except 1 bought a fit.

4-5 yrs on, the fit owner have no major complain yet...but a couple of MIK owners did find some steering problem...

of coz my findings are far from conclusive, just an exprience to share..

• Praise 8

For practical reasons, this car is slightly bigger than before, still as reliable as ever and pricing is still considered good value. Still a worthy purchase if you put looks aside.

If looks top your priority, go for Mazda 3 or A-class.

• Praise 7

not only honda, MIJ in general din come out with pretty bnb car for sometime, maybe the new vios was an exception? i duno.... but beauty is really in eyes of the beholder... unless no one buys it, we can't say everyone finds it ugly.

however, one thing i find is MIJ technology or i would say, durability is still some what better den MIK as i find some people finding problem with 4-5yo avente and forte but yet to see any complain abt fit yet...

i am comparing these 3 models coz i remember 4-5yrs ago a few of my friends were thinkering between these models and most went for MIK except 1 bought a fit.

4-5 yrs on, the fit owner have no major complain yet...but a couple of MIK owners did find some steering problem...

of coz my findings are far from conclusive, just an exprience to share..

+ 1 here! Six years on, only the a/c indicator light blown! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

I am from GD1 to GE6, and now eyeing the next FIT!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 5