2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

Good day to all bros and sis, I'm delighted to see a 2014 Jazz thread!

I'm a Jazz GK5 owner as of January 2016.. So far the car is serving me very well in terms of practicality and FC.

However, a few things/issues that I've noticed over the past 2 months..

1. Speedometer, most of the time it doesn't go back down to 0km/h, will be stuck at 2km/h when its supposed to be at 0km/h.. even when engine is on or off.

Fellow GK owners, if you could be so kind to  take note and share if your Jazz has a similar issue?

2. AirCon/ Compressor ticking/clicking sound every few seconds..  was told by SA that it is a normal a/c compressor sound and that it is more audible in the Jazz due to its compact design and minimal sound insulation?

3. Sound insulation is not very good? seems like driving over any branch or stone will sound in quite a loud knock?

Pls be kind to me if my questions sounds silly because I'm a first time Honda Jazz owner.. and have never experience any of the above in my  previous 12 years of other car ownership.

Many thanks in advance!!

Hihi, 

I am an owner of Jazz GK since Early Feb 2016. so far mileage at 1300km.. waiting to book in for 1k servicing.

I have not encountered the Speedometer issue u have mentioned above. Aircon compressor does tick when it is engaged. this is typical of most japanese makes. last time i drove Jazz 1st Gen and Mitsubishi colt plus. all have the ticking sound. cannot siam. =( Sound insulation for B&B jap cars confirm not so good one. Korean makes are better in this.

However, i do hear a kind of cable/thin metal rattling sound whenever my car is put on Drive gear but stationary. it gets a little more audible when the aircon compressor is engaged. Any fellow GK owners out there facing the same issue? Will definitely be asking them to fix this as this issue only surfaced after 600km of driving. The rattling sound disappears when i put to neutral. =/

Have a good day folks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Hihi, 

I am an owner of Jazz GK since Early Feb 2016. so far mileage at 1300km.. waiting to book in for 1k servicing.

I have not encountered the Speedometer issue u have mentioned above. Aircon compressor does tick when it is engaged. this is typical of most japanese makes. last time i drove Jazz 1st Gen and Mitsubishi colt plus. all have the ticking sound. cannot siam. =( Sound insulation for B&B jap cars confirm not so good one. Korean makes are better in this.

However, i do hear a kind of cable/thin metal rattling sound whenever my car is put on Drive gear but stationary. it gets a little more audible when the aircon compressor is engaged. Any fellow GK owners out there facing the same issue? Will definitely be asking them to fix this as this issue only surfaced after 600km of driving. The rattling sound disappears when i put to neutral. =/

Have a good day folks!

Welcome and enjoy your rides  [:)] .

Haven't noticed the speedometer issue too, but can confirm that the compressor ticks more frequently. Asked SA at Kah Motor and he said it's normal for this Jazz, so no worries.

And yes I can hear more of stones and branches rolling under this car than previous one, probably due to the insulation and the seats are lower. Doesn't really bug me so can live with it.

• Praise 1

Really appreciate the prompt and helpful replies guys..

The rattle from the gearbox doesn't sound normal, hopefully it's just something loose and a quick/easy fix!

Funny enough, I noticed the speedometer issue I'm having is affected by the electrical circuit/system.

The speedometer needle can randomly jump from 0 to 2km/h or from 2km/h and drop back to 0km/h with me opening or closing my driver side door.. or even just pressing the start button on and off a few times..

not sure if the issue lies with the speedometer itself or the electrical circuit.. seems to me like some sort or circuit shorting of the speedo.. [hur]

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi, need some help here. I just got a jazz 1.5 with the blackvue camera. might you guys know if KM installed the power magic pro and where? there is this power magic pro info sheet in the blackvue box but i can't seem to find the unit. thanks!

Took delivery of my jazz 1.5 today and have the same question about the power magic pro. Don't seem to be able to find the unit in the car although the info sheet and stickers left in the box supplied suggest that it was installed. Any ideas?

• Praise 1

Hihi,

Have a good day folks!

Yup I also encounter the cable / metal rattling sound while on idle.

Went for 1k servicing was told its normal.

However the sound is getting louder. Will be heading back to KM next week to let me check out again.

Will update on this.

• Praise 1

highest per trip..28.1km/l.. from T3 to Woodlands.. with meter taken end of trip at Woodlands

How the hell can it clock 28..i live in jurong and work at airport.. Maximum is 26
  • Praise 1

However the sound is getting louder. Will be heading back to KM next week to let me check out again.

Will update on this.

Sigh.. don't understand why some times the SA can say such issues is normal especially when the car is so new and under warranty.. if it doesn't occur in most of the other new GK Jazz means it's not normal.. they think can kiv or shirk responsibility for the whole 5 years warranty meh?

AFAIK, KM takes customer service and feedback quite seriously so I hope they'll resolve these issues properly...

Will update on this.

Hey i just went for my 1k servicing yesterday and told the service personnel of the rattling sound problem. He informed that they tightened the engine side bracket for me. Now no more rattling sound but the engine vibration is a tad stronger. Will be monitoring to see if this rectification stands.

So for GK5, KM uses SHU, w30 or 40?

SHU 30W -- I think it's printed on my service receipt/invoice for first 1,000km. I badgered the service guy to check with workshop guys BEFORE they started servicing.

• Praise 2

Anyone knows if Fit/Jazz GK 1.5 RS with moonroof is available here already? If yes, where and price?

Edited by Clemenzo
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Lok, can PM me also. Thanks

Hi sorry to trouble, Lok can you Pm me the sale executive name?

Noticed that most new Jazzes on the road are 1.5 RS models, don't seem to be seeing any 1.3 running around aside from learner cars from Bukit Batok Driving Centre in my area.

Noticed that most new Jazzes on the road are 1.5 RS models, don't seem to be seeing any 1.3 running around aside from learner cars from Bukit Batok Driving Centre in my area.

your post shall further restrain peeps interested in 1.3s.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1