2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

haha same, Foon has been installing for my car since my first car but I told him my business hard to earn, change one set of audio after 10 years

Foon charges $1600 to soundproof the whole car with double penalling (doors/floorboard/back hatch/roof) in a 2-day job. Total weight added is between 30-40kg, is that worth it? Edited by LPPL
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Foon charges $1600 to soundproof the whole car with double penalling (doors/floorboard/back hatch/roof) in a 2-day job. Total weight added is between 30-40kg, is that worth it?

Each sheet is about $50 thereabouts, so depending on how big is the car and how many sheets are being used plus labour. Worth it or not is your personal opinion I guess. There are people who have no qualms about spending 5 digit sum on ICE and there are people who feel spending a single cent on upgrading such things is a waste of money.

• Praise 1

Each sheet is about $50 thereabouts, so depending on how big is the car and how many sheets are being used plus labour. Worth it or not is your personal opinion I guess. There are people who have no qualms about spending 5 digit sum on ICE and there are people who feel spending a single cent on upgrading such things is a waste of money.

$50/sheet is about right, coz he quoted $400 for 4 doors. I feel the price is worth it if you are going to own the car for many years. Double penal soundproofing makes a very big difference for jazz. Edited by LPPL

$50/sheet is about right, coz he quoted $400 for 4 doors. I feel the price is worth it if you are going to own the car for many years. Double penal soundproofing makes a very big difference for jazz.

Yep, if you feel whole car soundproofing is worth it, and it's within your means, go for it, otherwise I would suggest 4 doors plus wheel arc is good enough to reduce road noise.

• Praise 1

Thought of doing wheel spacer for the rear wheels. Want to get it flush as the front wheels.Where has the best deals? Need to do wheel alignment for it ?

Can try chenjin

Foon charges $1600 to soundproof the whole car with double penalling (doors/floorboard/back hatch/roof) in a 2-day job. Total weight added is between 30-40kg, is that worth it?

1.6k and 30-40kg?

that's like carrying another primary 5 kid around.

• Praise 2

When i bought my Getz i too went to Foon at Macpherson to install ice. Spend more then 5k I think. When i traded in for my current Jazz i did not even remove them :) For me i will not want to install ICE anymore cannot tahan the way they removed the car door to run and install all the wires etc. 

• Praise 3

When i bought my Getz i too went to Foon at Macpherson to install ice. Spend more then 5k I think. When i traded in for my current Jazz i did not even remove them :) For me i will not want to install ICE anymore cannot tahan the way they removed the car door to run and install all the wires etc.

I personally feel ICE is a waste of money, would rather just get a good home theatre system and enjoy it at home. Soundproofing is another matter, if can cut down, the improves driving experience.
  • Praise 2

hi Good morning guys. I have decided to change my rim to SSR type F. It should be 16x7 4x100 offset 42. i need a final info b4 i make the change and that is which size tyre for the above rim and also will there be any problem with the handling of the car after changes. Will be grateful if bro and sis who is currently using the above rim to recommend a good matching set of rubber. Thanks and a blessed day ahead.

Ssr type f shd have a size tat will fit back stock tyres 185/65/16. Check with garage r as they bring in lots of ssr rims. Per rim shd be 300 plus.

You can use back yr existing tyre till u decide wat other tyre to use

• Praise 5

hi blessed morning guys. anyone here install aftermarket exhaust on their beloved jazz? does it enhance the performance of the car? Thanks.

Mine is stock :)    w/o tuning, I believe an after-market will slightly reduce power/torque of the 1st 1/2 of the rpm range & slightly improve the 2nd half...  Hence, being below 4k rpm most of the time, I'm not keen to.

Mine is stock :)    w/o tuning, I believe an after-market will slightly reduce power/torque of the 1st 1/2 of the rpm range & slightly improve the 2nd half...  Hence, being below 4k rpm most of the time, I'm not keen to.

yes notice that i never passed the 3k rpm mark :) Thanks.

Mine is stock :) w/o tuning, I believe an after-market will slightly reduce power/torque of the 1st 1/2 of the rpm range & slightly improve the 2nd half... Hence, being below 4k rpm most of the time, I'm not keen to.

Totally agree.....
  • Praise 2

Thought on paper spec it says 9.6sec,should b on a straight

I am not sure if 9.6sec is revving to the max. I think jazz is faster than that. Don't forget that there is a sports mode. 9.6sec could be on non sports mode. Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1