2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

93k for a manual 1.5l car.

Seems better than the 1.0l MT Hyundai Kona.

I seriously don't think so.

The 1.0L is cheaper by more than 5k at 81999,and it's newer.

By the way even the i30 is cheaper than Honda Jazz at 86999 for non guaranteed if you like the extra power(of course lesser parf and 2 airbags and auto)

So unless you like honda that much,I don't think it's a better value proposition.

↡ Advertisement

By the way even the i30 is cheaper than Honda Jazz at 86999 for non guaranteed if you like the extra power(of course lesser parf and 2 airbags and auto)

So unless you like honda that much,I don't think it's a better value proposition.

How many airbags in kona? Jazz still have only 2 airbags. One thing kona might lose to jazz is kona is a 3 cylinder 12 valve DOHC which is same as attrage, but kona wins attrage due to kona is turbo.

I'll take the Jazz for the looks and engine.

Pay another 6k can get a Japan made car with proven reliability and an interior that is spacious and flexible.  

How many airbags in kona? Jazz still have only 2 airbags. One thing kona might lose to jazz is kona is a 3 cylinder 12 valve DOHC which is same as attrage, but kona wins attrage due to kona is turbo.

6 airbags

I'll take the Jazz for the looks and engine.

Pay another 6k can get a Japan made car with proven reliability and an interior that is spacious and flexible.

I agree,but the pure fact that I am paying more when the rest of the world is paying less is annoying,and it is not that I can't find any alternative.

I just can't get over it,but if...I will consider it.

I agree,but the pure fact that I am paying more when the rest of the world is paying less is annoying,and it is not that I can't find any alternative.

I just can't get over it,but if...I will consider it.

Almost every car sold in Singapore is like this.

So if you want to buy a car in Singapore and within your budget, just get over with it. 

went with a friend to see the jazz yesterday. Jazz 1.3 basic is 77k. PARF of 2.5k which works out to 7.45k depreciation.

Made me look back 15years ago with my 1st car a 2003 corolla which was bought in early 2003. 72k with COE around 28k, PARF of around 10k which works out to 6.2k depreciation.

if one assumes that the current coe is 28k, which is approx 10k less than today, then the Jazz 1.3 is 6.45k depreciation. Which is rather reasonable given that the 15years of inflation did not really change car prices all that much.

Apparently taxes do not inflate due to market sentiment.

I.e they may be paying 45k last time,but X years later they would still want to pay only 45k because it's taxes,and that people are unwilling to pay more taxes,which constitutes to minimal price increase of cars in Singapore.

Thus inflation does not seem to hit cars.

Almost every car sold in Singapore is like this.

So if you want to buy a car in Singapore and within your budget, just get over with it.

I mean if there's a way to avoid, then I'll avoid

If I can't avoid,and I need a car,then I LL still need to buy a car,no?

And I didn't make myself clear just now.

In other parts of the world, people pay less for mt,but here,we do need to pay a premium sometimes,or the same price even as compared to auto.

Edited by Brass

went with a friend to see the jazz yesterday. Jazz 1.3 basic is 77k. PARF of 2.5k which works out to 7.45k depreciation.

Made me look back 15years ago with my 1st car a 2003 corolla which was bought in early 2003. 72k with COE around 28k, PARF of around 10k which works out to 6.2k depreciation.

if one assumes that the current coe is 28k, which is approx 10k less than today, then the Jazz 1.3 is 6.45k depreciation. Which is rather reasonable given that the 15years of inflation did not really change car prices all that much.

The annual depreciation of Elantra starts at $7400 as well, can test drive and compare with Jazz, spec is higher: 6 airbags, 1.6L engine, 6AT.

(Price $80k, OMV 12K+, VES $0)
Edited by Yishun

The annual depreciation of Elantra starts at $7400 as well, can test drive and compare with Jazz, spec is higher: 6 airbags, 1.6L engine, 6AT.

(Price $80k, OMV 12K+, VES $0)

In this aspect the Elantra makes a good alternative compared to Jazz.

Honda generally has much higher OMV compared to other makes. i was checking out sgcarmart and the Impreza 2.0L has an omv of abt 14k http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11999

as such i don't understand what Honda is doing to make the OMV so high or what is Subaru doing to make the OMV so low. 

Honda generally has much higher OMV compared to other makes. i was checking out sgcarmart and the Impreza 2.0L has an omv of abt 14k http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11999

as such i don't understand what Honda is doing to make the OMV so high or what is Subaru doing to make the OMV so low.

Maybe ah huat mark the container box as aquarium instead of car?....

VES/CEVS reduce scrap values, so Jazz 1.3 is penalized for being cleaner, its scrap value is only around the  minimum 2.5k.

Elantra is VES neutral, hence scrap value at year 10 is more than 6k.

Twincharged
(edited)

VES/CEVS reduce scrap values, so Jazz 1.3 is penalized for being cleaner, its scrap value is only around the  minimum 2.5k.

i rather pay a cheaper price and also get taxed less. if you keep the car for 10years. saving a few k  now is better than getting that extra few k 10years later.

why leave the residual value in the paper of the car.

Edited by Mkl22

dont forget petrol consumption and i supposed elantra average is 11km/l while jazz can be 14km/l?

Road tax also higher for Elantra.

(edited)

well, i'd say you are right

research tells me the following

JAZZ 1.3L

1) Priced at $76999 

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11531

2) OMV listed as $15281 

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

3) Simple calculation will tell you that ARF at 10th year is (15281 - 10000) / 2 = 2640.50 (aka scrap value)

4) Amount needed to drive for 10 years is 76999 - 2640.50 = $74,358.50

ELANTRA 1.6L

5) base model priced at $79,999 

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11832

6) OMV at $11916

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

7) Simple calculation will tell you that ARF at 10th year is 11916 / 2 = 5958 (aka scrap value)

8) Amount needed to drive for 10 years is 79999 - 5958 = $74,041

9) Difference of (4) and (8) is $371.50 (for 10 years, aka 120 months)

Other factors

10) Road Tax for Jazz is $578 per year 

11) Road Tax for Elantra is $738 per year 

12) Difference per year is $160. Meaning, you're paying more road tax per year for Elantra.

13) Insurance which i have totally no idea so lets assume they're the same.

I think enough is said, well unless you're talking about features then its a different ball game. 

Edited by Penknife
  • Praise 1

GD1 is Jazz, GE6 is Fit. Now Mazda 2 Skyactiv.

I heard Mz2 drive is better than the Jazz? Most Mazdas are good at handling but Honda wins in refinement, space etc IMO

• Praise 7

Supersonic

I heard Mz2 drive is better than the Jazz? Most Mazdas are good at handling but Honda wins in refinement, space etc IMO

Dont know mazda 2 drive good or not, but i find sitting in a mazda 2 not say very nice.

well, i'd say you are right

research tells me the following

JAZZ 1.3L

1) Priced at $76999

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11531

2) OMV listed as $15281

3) Simple calculation will tell you that ARF at 10th year is (15281 - 10000) / 2 = 2640.50 (aka scrap value)

4) Amount needed to drive for 10 years is 76999 - 2640.50 = $74,358.50

ELANTRA 1.6L

5) base model priced at $79,999

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_pricing.php?CarCode=11832

6) OMV at $11916

7) Simple calculation will tell you that ARF at 10th year is 11916 / 2 = 5958 (aka scrap value)

8) Amount needed to drive for 10 years is 79999 - 5958 = $74,041

9) Difference of (4) and (8) is $371.50 (for 10 years, aka 120 months)

Other factors

10) Road Tax for Jazz is $578 per year

11) Road Tax for Elantra is $738 per year

12) Difference per year is $160. Meaning, you're paying more road tax per year for Elantra.

13) Insurance which i have totally no idea so lets assume they're the same.

I think enough is said, well unless you're talking about features then its a different ball game.

But being a family man,I will need a larger car.

And perception will chase me away from jazz.

↡ Advertisement