2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

Congratulations. How much u bought? Your shipment is fast. Mine booked nov last yr and estimated April collection

I got it at 71K

Early May will get mine. That is what he promised to me.

↡ Advertisement

IMO Magic seat is one of the real reason why the jazz/fit is so practical

i totally agree with you, much more useful than sedans.

my next car will be a hatchback or wagons. 

The Jazz has the same internal space as the Honda City sedan. Because it is a hatch, it looks small and many people give it a miss and never even view it or test drive it. With a high OMV of more than 15K, the Jazz should be selling about the same price as the City or even Nissan Sylphy if not because of the tax rebates of 10K. Made in Japan, it is a much more reliable car than its Korean counterparts like the Avanta/Elantra. Jazz is a hidden gem only for those who know. 

• Praise 2

The Jazz has the same internal space as the Honda City sedan. Because it is a hatch, it looks small and many people give it a miss and never even view it or test drive it. With a high OMV of more than 15K, the Jazz should be selling about the same price as the City or even Nissan Sylphy if not because of the tax rebates of 10K. Made in Japan, it is a much more reliable car than its Korean counterparts like the Avanta/Elantra. Jazz is a hidden gem only for those who know.

That's a wrong mindset to have that it's made in Japan so it's more reliable than Korean counterparts.

Let's not diss other makes and yes everyone knows jazz is good and functional without a doubt but some still prefer sedan due to the functional boot without having to sacrifice rear seats though jazz has one of the biggest boots for a compact hatchback.

i totally agree with you, much more useful than sedans.

my next car will be a hatchback or wagons.

But sadly the PI fit hybrid doesnt even come with magic seats, what a waste!
  • Praise 1

That's a wrong mindset to have that it's made in Japan so it's more reliable than Korean counterparts.

Let's not diss other makes and yes everyone knows jazz is good and functional without a doubt but some still prefer sedan due to the functional boot without having to sacrifice rear seats though jazz has one of the biggest boots for a compact hatchback.

At least they have rear knock down seat. Only thing is that the rear seat cannot fold up wards. 

So far mainly use the fold up function to clean the area below the rear seats....but the knock down rear seat were used many times for carrying bulky items. just my experiance.

• Praise 2

About the boot space, I find that whatever I can fit in normal b&b sedan car, I am usually able to find a way to put it in my jazz's boot. But when it comes to bulky stuff, the magic seats are a life saver

• Praise 2

if u have the money and connection, you can be a PI too.

i believe that the price of a full spec-ed Fit Hybrid may not be of value since most people will go for the shuttle hybrid.

for example, i'll take i30 wagon over the i30 hatch simply bcoz of the additional space.

The thing about hatches/ wagons is that there's no clear separation between the rear passenger cabin and the boot.

Usually you only get a tonneau cover to preventing cargo flying forward in event of sudden braking.

Therefore, you do get slight increase in noise from rear of the vehicle intruding into the cabin. If you want a clearer comparison, test drive the Mazda 6 (because Mazda 3 not available for now) wagon and the sedan sequentially. They're basically the exact same car, with slight modifications made to wheelbase and the sheet metal for the cabin. The NVH reduction in the sedan is better than the wagon, but only slight. So less nit-picky drivers will not mind this for the greatly added versatility and utility from a wagon/ hatchback.

• Praise 3

The Japanese made Jazz OMV is more than $15K while the Elantra is about $11K and they both sell for about the same price. The Jazz has a lot of quality and money for the metal compared with the Korean made. Nothing to do with mindset, just purely on quality and economic sense.

• Praise 1

can somebody explain about the VES rebate of 10k for jazz

it is supposed to use to deduct from the OMV so that Arf will be less. but the Jazz does not seem.to have the deduct as the Arf is still high. can see from onemotoring car price breakdown. maybe that is why the jazz is still so expensive comparatively as she has a 10k discount

• Praise 1

The thing about hatches/ wagons is that there's no clear separation between the rear passenger cabin and the boot.

Usually you only get a tonneau cover to preventing cargo flying forward in event of sudden braking.

Therefore, you do get slight increase in noise from rear of the vehicle intruding into the cabin. If you want a clearer comparison, test drive the Mazda 6 (because Mazda 3 not available for now) wagon and the sedan sequentially. They're basically the exact same car, with slight modifications made to wheelbase and the sheet metal for the cabin. The NVH reduction in the sedan is better than the wagon, but only slight. So less nit-picky drivers will not mind this for the greatly added versatility and utility from a wagon/ hatchback.

Absolutely, for hatch car, the noise level can be a little bit higher. That is another reason why most people choose sedan because they value this element more than the versatility of a hatch. In Europe and the US, the hatch or estate is always the preferred choice because they travel longer distance and need the added space for their lifestyles. In Singapore, many prefer the sedan as a city car.

can somebody explain about the VES rebate of 10k for jazz

it is supposed to use to deduct from the OMV so that Arf will be less. but the Jazz does not seem.to have the deduct as the Arf is still high. can see from onemotoring car price breakdown. maybe that is why the jazz is still so expensive comparatively as she has a 10k discount

For the 1.3 Jazz, let say its OMV is 15K. PARF value at the end of ten years will be only 2.5K (15K-10K x 50%). Hence, the cost to Kah the normal cost less $10K. Kah Motor may not pass on the entire 10K to buyers. So to have a good feel of how expensive is the Jazz, compare the selling price of say the Nissan Sylphy which say also has OMV of 15K and selling at $80K while the Jazz with the same OMV selling at $70K. It means that both Sylphy and Jazz are priced similarly base on OMV. The Sylphy will have a PARF value of 7.5K at the end of ten years while the Jazz's PARF value is only 2.5K. So effectively, you pay 10K less for the Jazz upfront but at the end of 10 years, you get back 5K less as compared with the Sylphy. 

thanks. meaning if LTA remove the VES the selling price of jazz would be same as syilpy or shuttle.

if that is the case jazz would never sell in sgp as who wants a 1.3 little hatchback when they can get a giant shuttle for the same price. You see my suspicion that VES is never discounted from Jazz

thanks. meaning if LTA remove the VES the selling price of jazz would be same as syilpy or shuttle.

if that is the case jazz would never sell in sgp as who wants a 1.3 little hatchback when they can get a giant shuttle for the same price. You see my suspicion that VES is never discounted from Jazz

Not quite true. The Sylphy is selling for 10K more than the Jazz even though the cost of the Jazz and Sylphy is about the same. Without the VES, the Jazz would seem expensive and people will have the perception that the Jazz is the premium hatch. Kah Motor will market and position the Jazz as a premium hatch and kiasu Singaporeans will still buy because the Jazz is no long a little hatch but a premium hatch. You see the power of marketing? Very often, you price your product high so that people believe is premium. Price it low and people think it is cheap little hatch. So people in the know understand what is value for money and not how the AD position the Jazz.

(edited)

To evaluate if the Jazz is more value for money than the Sylphy, you need to look at ADs' profit margin for their respective cars and your annual depreciation between the Jazz and Sylphy. With a higher selling price even with a higher PARF value, the depreciation for the Sylphy is much higher than the Jazz. The profit margin for the ADs are about the same for both cars.

Edited by EvaEva

Evaeva...u are so very right. you are very knowledgeable. i see now what agent is doing is bring in cheapest Jazz...1.3 and marking up the cost to get 15k OMV. then get VES rebate to bring it down to 5k OMV. then market the Jazz as a bargain comoared to previous jazz ( 1.5 ) . few buyer will note their Parf is halved and the car is a bargain.

• Praise 1

Evaeva...u are so very right. you are very knowledgeable. i see now what agent is doing is bring in cheapest Jazz...1.3 and marking up the cost to get 15k OMV. then get VES rebate to bring it down to 5k OMV. then market the Jazz as a bargain comoared to previous jazz ( 1.5 ) . few buyer will note their Parf is halved and the car is a bargain.

Wrong! OMV is the Original Manufacturer Value and is the base cost AD pays to bring in the car. Any local contents for example leather etc are not included. So effectively, the Jazz 1.3 with a high OMV suggests that the car is not those cheapo type. The fact that they do not bring in the premium version of the Jazz is to position the Jazz as budget car since it accords VES rebate. That is why the Jazz is selling very well and helps Kah Motor to achieve its sales target and also as best selling brand in Singapore. That is why the Jazz is a very good buy.

Hi Guys

While waiting for my new Jazz to arrive, do you guys do coating for your jazz ? 

If yes, any good recommendation, preferably Ubi area as I leave there. I would want the best for my new car. I heard from my friend they did nano coating.

Thanks for the good advice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2