2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

Supersonic

Just saw 1 on the road and I gave the driver a thumbs up!

Lol, why thumbs up to the driver? Didnt see any on the road.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lol, why thumbs up to the driver? Didnt see any on the road.

Find the design looks good in the metal. I used to drive a Jazz GD1 10 yrs ago. love the FC and the space. this ride has a special place in my heart.

• Praise 1

It's a pretty nice design when I see it in person. I would say it has the same design language as the new City and more inspiring than the current Civic. Will test drive it when it's available end of July.

• Praise 5

The last I heard from Kah Motor the 1.5l is a Cat A. Awaiting confirmation during official launch.

Actually, does it make any diff? Cat A and B COE price is quite close and also what's most impt is the final price AD quotes.

I saw in Kah Motor website that the price for the 1.3 is $108k+ whilst the 1.5is $112k+. I would go for the 1.5 if it's only $4k diff

• Praise 4

Actually, does it make any diff? Cat A and B COE price is quite close and also what's most impt is the final price AD quotes.

I saw in Kah Motor website that the price for the 1.3 is $108k+ whilst the 1.5is $112k+. I would go for the 1.5 if it's only $4k diff

Exactly. Difference is negligible. I guess most will go for the 1.5l.

Turbocharged

typical crap honda styling

which other models in the same class made by other brands look better in your eyes? [:)]

• Praise 2

I read in the other thread that the City is much better than the Jazz.

Price is almost the same and other than the boot vs hatch, MIT vs MIJ, any other significant diff and comments worth pointing out??

Thks in advance for the feedback!

• Praise 3

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_specs.php?CarCode=11531&Subcode=4063

both are DOHC.

1.5 comp 11.5......guess is min 95, recc 98ron 128hp
1.3 comp 13.5........min & recc 98ron (guess) 99hp

Suspect both are GDI.
========================================

So for the same price, can get either SOHC 120hp 10.3 comp City, or 99hp DOHC 13.5 comp (GDI?) Jazz 1.3

I think the fight is between City 1.5 & Jazz 1.5. Unless the Jazz 1.3 can give at least 2.5-3km/L more for FC.

• Praise 1

The 1.5 RS SOHC only produce 120ps nia. Local AD blew up the figures.

Malayisa: http://www.honda.com.my/model/specifications/jazz

Australia: http://jazz.honda.com.au/Specifications

Yes, i previously saw the Malaysian AD's model (which looks like using the same 1.5 engine with SOHC, compression only 10.3). Hence I suspected the Sg AD would bring in the same.

However, saw that Sg AD appears to bring in the JDM spec. However, JDM 1.5 is 132ps which is 130.xx hp. So I thought they brought in the JDM with slightly diff ECU to bring it down to 128hp.

Also with DOHC + higher comp, the indicated hp seems real.

Assumig they blew up the specs, then it wont be just the hp, but also sohc upz to dohc, comp 10.3 upz to 11.5 & possibly mpi to gdi.

However, they do have a model which uses the spec of the Malaysian Jazz which is the Sg AD's City. 118hp, sohc, comp 10.3.

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 1

Yes, i previously saw the Malaysian AD's model (which looks like using the same 1.5 engine with SOHC, compression only 10.3). Hence I suspected the Sg AD would bring in the same.

However, saw that Sg AD appears to bring in the JDM spec. However, JDM 1.5 is 132ps which is 130.xx hp. So I thought they brought in the JDM with slightly diff ECU to bring it down to 128hp.

Also with DOHC + higher comp, the indicated hp seems real.

Assumig they blew up the specs, then it wont be just the hp, but also sohc upz to dohc, comp 10.3 upz to 11.5 & possibly mpi to gdi.

However, they do have a model which uses the spec of the Malaysian Jazz which is the Sg AD's City. 118hp, sohc, comp 10.3.

Yeah indeed the 1.5 RS brought in by Kah Motor locally is the JDM version which comes with a direct injection DOHC engine. Made in Japan.

Specification from Kah Motor Singapore: http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/jazz_spec_15.htm

Edited by X18
  • Praise 4

Yeah indeed the 1.5 RS brought in by Kah Motor locally is the JDM version which comes with a direct injection DOHC engine. Made in Japan.

Specification from Kah Motor Singapore: http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/jazz_spec_15.htm

Thanks for the tip & link.

The 1.3 with comp 13.5 macham like Mz's skyactive comp....

Edited by Baal
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1