2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

if there's a reliable PI and PI workshop, i'll go for vezel.

whoa, thats quite a tall order. But they should be around, considering the number of Fits, Airwaves around. Not forgetting the numerous Wish prior to Borneo.

↡ Advertisement

whoa, thats quite a tall order. But they should be around, considering the number of Fits, Airwaves around. Not forgetting the numerous Wish prior to Borneo.

now that i gotten a lil wiser, my concern is warranty period u go back w car issue, the PI ws jus claim it's other issue not related to as claimed. the worst part is do other repair not related to the issue, end up car has more issues. smthg like bottomless pit, until u give up ur warranty, hopefully.

• Praise 2

now that i gotten a lil wiser, my concern is warranty period u go back w car issue, the PI ws jus claim it's other issue not related to as claimed. the worst part is do other repair not related to the issue, end up car has more issues. smthg like bottomless pit, until u give up ur warranty, hopefully.

What u say is actually beri true. Yes, bottomless pit is spot on.

Guess, the better ones could be the more prominant names. However, they are more exp by PI standards. But, if they can be trusted, i can accept if the price is between a 'not so established PI' & AD.

• Praise 1

What u say is actually beri true. Yes, bottomless pit is spot on.

Guess, the better ones could be the more prominant names. However, they are more exp by PI standards. But, if they can be trusted, i can accept if the price is between a 'not so established PI' & AD.

r-chbu-g can bo?

today went zio- auto check out. their ws is call hitachi smthg. SE claimed it owned pml then it is owned by sime darby gp iirc.

SE also mentioned the vezel stuck while waitin for lta to test if below / above 130bhp. if above, won't bring in this liao cos buy harrier better.

r-chbu-g can bo?

today went zio- auto check out. their ws is call hitachi smthg. SE claimed it owned pml then it is owned by sime darby gp iirc.

SE also mentioned the vezel stuck while waitin for lta to test if below / above 130bhp. if above, won't bring in this liao cos buy harrier better.

that 1 neber hear bad things except the price higher than other PI. Think they serving more of Cat B crowd, like estima, veilfire, Mark X......etc.

Frankly, i rather have a PI that charges a bit more than its peers rather than chut pattern, merry go round....& slowly wear u down type.

Wonder if 1 is a CASE member, can assess their car dealer comprain listing bor [laugh]

that 1 neber hear bad things except the price higher than other PI. Think they serving more of Cat B crowd, like estima, veilfire, Mark X......etc.

Frankly, i rather have a PI that charges a bit more than its peers rather than chut pattern, merry go round....& slowly wear u down type.

Wonder if 1 is a CASE member, can assess their car dealer comprain listing bor [laugh]

can, u mus be influential in local context. e.g. minster, gr leader.

Yes, its basically wasting of time. I approached a PI to enquired about the Harrier, one moment he mentioned they have their own ship waiting to ship orders in Japan and delivery will be b4 CNY, and the next moment, which is 2 weeks later, their Harriers arrived in our shore already. How to book with him!!!

• Praise 4

Yes, its basically wasting of time. I approached a PI to enquired about the Harrier, one moment he mentioned they have their own ship waiting to ship orders in Japan and delivery will be b4 CNY, and the next moment, which is 2 weeks later, their Harriers arrived in our shore already. How to book with him!!!

guess by going to the long time estab ones could be safer. At least we will know those are not like the SL square type.....close shop ...re-register & repeat.....

But in the case of Jazz, since its jdm, that reduces the push factor to PI(s) by a great deal.

• Praise 1

I'm in a dilemma situation to choose between the 1.3L or 1.5L.

Jazz/Fit 1.3G model -

PI Price : around $93K to 98K.

Kah Motor Price : $113K

This model is uses the DOHC Atkinson Engine with max power 100ps & 119nN torque. However I read the Japan Honda website it's fuel tank size is only 32L , which is kind of small. (http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalog/performance/spec/?type=13g)

But Kah Motor website specifications indicate as 40L. (http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/jazz_spec_13.htm)

Since Kah Motor also brings in Jazz from Japan, Whose specification is more accurate ?

As for the Jazz 1.5L only sold by AD for $113K , it's also DOHC Atkinson Engine but GDI with max power 130ps & 155Nm torque. Fuel tank size is 40L.

I understand there are few Fit 1.3 already on SG roads. Any kind souls wish to share your experience ?

Apart from the 1.5L, if I decided to go for 1.3L, is it safe to buy from PI ?

LoL...it's not Atkinson engine lah. Where did you get that info?? Only Toyota uses Atkinson cycled engines for their hybrids.

The 32L fuel tank is for the hybrid model. If you scroll down your link you would see the () 4&2 is 40L for the 13G models.

What do you mean is it safe? Aiya, if you are unfamiliar best is to get from Kah Motors. Spent a little more and have a peace of mind.

• Praise 3

LoL...it's not Atkinson engine lah. Where did you get that info?? Only Toyota uses Atkinson cycled engines for their hybrids.

Engines for all Fit models have been evolved with Honda's Earth Dreams Technology powertrains. All engines are DOHC, implementing VTEC and VTC. Depending on the model, Atkinson cycle or direct injection engines are coupled with the optimum transmission, and equipped with an idling-stop system provide unparalleled class-leading fuel economy and driving pleasure.

http://world.honda.com/Fit-Jazz/powertrain/index.html

By the way, the Honda DCT gearbox has been recalled 3 times already. Take note of this if you are buying a PI car which may have this gearbox.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/honda-issues-third-consecutive-recall.html

• Praise 6

Wonder if they have the stick shift Jazz? lol...

Test drove my friend's Honda jazz (KAH Motor) previous gen 1.3L stick shift and its really fast in pickup. I m really impressed! I cant imagine if it is the 1.5rs version.

Potential car buyers for Jazz/fit should go Kah motor and test drive the new car. Also hope the SE knows about the differences with this new facelift so can decide better. PI cannot test drive right?

• Praise 4

Engines for all Fit models have been evolved with Honda's Earth Dreams Technology powertrains. All engines are DOHC, implementing VTEC and VTC. Depending on the model, Atkinson cycle or direct injection engines are coupled with the optimum transmission, and equipped with an idling-stop system provide unparalleled class-leading fuel economy and driving pleasure.

http://world.honda.com/Fit-Jazz/powertrain/index.html

By the way, the Honda DCT gearbox has been recalled 3 times already. Take note of this if you are buying a PI car which may have this gearbox.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/02/honda-issues-third-consecutive-recall.html

It's surprising to see Honda adopt a totally new engine to save fuel. Too bad. Atkinson cycled engines are gutless even if Honda implement the VTEC technology on it. Its only pro is that it's a fuel efficient engine. That's for the 1.3L engine . At least the 1.5L is the regular otto cycle engine and is direct injection.

Edited by Watwheels