Kia forte EX steering wheel squeaking sound

CMS

My ride which is a 2009 kia cerato forte EX is giving out squeaking sound when I'm turning the steering wheel left or right. Confirm it came from the steering wheel. Any one had same experience?? It only happens when I'm doing reverse parking and not under any other circumstances e.g braking , u turn.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Got it fixed at C&C, they changed the steering rack for me FOC. If the sound is from the steering wheel plastic cover, lubricate or change the clock spring.

Actually I have the same problem especially when going up MSCP and parking the car.

I had a steering pump leak and had it fixed with C&C, now not that bad but some slight squeaking sounds still can be heard now and then.

Choco, what is the damage for it? Cos some times it gets to be when I'm slowly nagivating up the carpark.

Got it fixed at C&C, they changed the steering rack for me FOC. If the sound is from the steering wheel plastic cover, lubricate or change the clock spring.

Too bad my car no more warranty. Sure kena chop carrot by c&c. I got lobang to recon the steering rack and steering column but just not sure if it comes from there. But pretty confirm it's from the steering wheel. I'm waiting for Choco to reply me first before coming to a decision