Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Anyone knows what are the cost for installation of subwoofer n sub amp? With or without providing cable? 

I'm thinking of getting a 10" downfiring sub with box online because less than $200. + an amp which is only ard $100. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
38 minutes ago, rickylah said:

Anyone knows what are the cost for installation of subwoofer n sub amp? With or without providing cable? 

I'm thinking of getting a 10" downfiring sub with box online because less than $200. + an amp which is only ard $100. 

If you have all the items on hand already, just running the cables won't cost you much. Depends on the location where you wanna put your woofer at. they will charge you base on the cable and labour fee for installation. My estimation is $80 to 150 like that.

They will upsell you on audio tuning and soundproof-ing. which I think is essentials when it comes to audio upgrade too. So you need to see what you wanna achieve at the end of the day.

13 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

If you have all the items on hand already, just running the cables won't cost you much. Depends on the location where you wanna put your woofer at. they will charge you base on the cable and labour fee for installation. My estimation is $80 to 150 like that.

They will upsell you on audio tuning and soundproof-ing. which I think is essentials when it comes to audio upgrade too. So you need to see what you wanna achieve at the end of the day.

Thanks man. Because I was afraid the shop dulan nv buy anything from them then chop me on the installation labor cost. 

On 6/21/2019 at 12:11 PM, Shiq said:

Hi guys, I’ve just gotten my car about a month ago, and the sound is a little flat. Would like to have a more surround sound, like you can hear the music from the front, sides and rear. Would be nice if can hear more details to the music also. I don’t intend to change my headunit as I am happy with it, has CarPlay, Android Auto etc. So my question is, what do I need to change? Just speakers will do? Or more? What are the recommended brands and perhaps shop? Thanks in advance.

So what did you get in the end? In a relatively similar position.

For soundproofing, May I know what’s the cost to do front 2 doors dbl layer? All the brands works the same right? Any recommendation?

Twincharged
56 minutes ago, JX83 said:

For soundproofing, May I know what’s the cost to do front 2 doors dbl layer? All the brands works the same right? Any recommendation?

Soundproofing is nothing more than sealing up the door cavity to make it like a speaker box for resonance. I am doubtful if the mass loading of the outer door skin actually does that much. Door skins are not that flimsy. Maybe  a couple of strips to shift the resonance would be good enough. No need to plaster to entire outer door skin. Why add weight more than necessary. 

For the majority of Japanese cars the replacement of the waterproof sheet does help to seal the door cavity better. 
for most contis with the “waterproof sheet” made of a more substantial material. I tend to think that the effects will not be as pronounced. 

for me it’s just mass loading and sealing, whatever sticks and doesn’t “melt” in heat, and has some weight is fine. 

real soundproofing are those foam and stuffing type of material and not those sticky bitumen type of stuff. Which are called sound deadeners. 

Edited by Mkl22

14 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Soundproofing is nothing more than sealing up the door cavity to make it like a speaker box for resonance. I am doubtful if the mass loading of the outer door skin actually does that much. Door skins are not that flimsy. Maybe  a couple of strips to shift the resonance would be good enough. No need to plaster to entire outer door skin. Why add weight more than necessary. 

For the majority of Japanese cars the replacement of the waterproof sheet does help to seal the door cavity better. 
for most contis with the “waterproof sheet” made of a more substantial material. I tend to think that the effects will not be as pronounced. 

for me it’s just mass loading and sealing, whatever sticks and doesn’t “melt” in heat, and has some weight is fine. 

real soundproofing are those foam and stuffing type of material and not those sticky bitumen type of stuff. Which are called sound deadeners. 

Just want to reduce the door vibration from the bass of my music. Any recommendations?

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, JX83 said:

Just want to reduce the door vibration from the bass of my music. Any recommendations?

can try this one.

https://shopee.sg/Samurai-Brand-6-Inch-6.5-Inch-Car-Door-Speaker-Sound-proof-Sponge-Bass-Ring-Foam-Woofer-Pad-Noise-Sound-Wave-4PCS-i.195860627.4717402908

Cheaper than soundproofing the whole door. Can save some weight for fuel also. 🙂

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

Any audio shop recommend for Alpine processor H800? I saw people offer the alpine H800 in carousell but have no confident to buy as not know how is the reliability of the processor.  

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Bluestarz2 said:

Hi all

Any audio shop recommend for Alpine processor H800? I saw people offer the alpine H800 in carousell but have no confident to buy as not know how is the reliability of the processor.  

What is your current set up? why you need a DSP?

Hi,

new guy on the block:> 

Just purchased a used system with HU, Sub, Amp , Components. 
Looking for an installer whos recommended by the Gurus here. 

Neutral Newbie

Hello, 

Can anyone recommend VW Golf 6 2012 head unit?

I prefer a cheap unit with a steering wheel control and linking with my phone.

Thank you in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Hi folks! Can any recommend an Android Head Unit replacement for my stock KIA K3 2017? 

I just need an improvement with my current sound which I will be mainly using Spotify, YouTube,  reverse camera and steering wheel control. I was offered $380 from a shop in Kaki Bukit with specs of:

• 8 core 9 inch 3+32 with k3 android casing
  • Free external Bluetooth mic
  • With carplay
  • SIM Card type

Please advice if this is OK. 

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement