Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

dsp is just like an "advanced equaliser" in the most layman. with it, music would sound more natural and accurate, and create a better music staging. https://www.autance.com/add-a-digital-sound-processor-to-car-audio-system/

some opt for having dsp and amp serperately, while others combine it. pros and cons. for cost and value, often, buying a 2 in 1 may make better sense. =)

custom grilles and pillars are additional cost. i guess they can be around the figure of 1000.

Hi babyjio,

Please allow me to chip it .. 1st main purpose of dsp is for getting the staging via time alignment since we sit on right side of car with speakers in odd location .. else singer will be on right side singing to our arse.

2nd main purpose is indeed trying to make music sound more natural since the car environment with its reflective and absorption surfaces makes sound frequencies all wrong.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Allow me to also chip.

DSP as already explained by Bros earlier, allows users the control and flexibility to adjust the sound reproduction in the audio setting/environment. Its applications can be found not only in car, but also at home and theaters.

Common DSP applications are different crossover filters, varied settings, time-alignment/correction and EQ etc.

As Bro Richard mentioned, commonly used in car, especially for active setups, are the crossover and time-alignment features, to allow for better soundstage delivery and control of centre-stage to individual's preference.

I generally don't prefer EQ but to make best use of cross-over and its corresponding slopes to adjust... 

• Praise 1

Hi, all sifu here

i have a issue with the tuning part, due to location of driver side speaker, i have a big dip in lower range frequency in 150hz, anyone here encounter similar issue and know how to solve it? EQ doesn't help, just try my luck here if any sifu here can solve the issue, just ignore my msg if not relevant, thanks in advance.

Hi, all sifu here

i have a issue with the tuning part, due to location of driver side speaker, i have a big dip in lower range frequency in 150hz, anyone here encounter similar issue and know how to solve it? EQ doesn't help, just try my luck here if any sifu here can solve the issue, just ignore my msg if not relevant, thanks in advance.

Maybe other freq is too high ..

Try lower the others

Maybe other freq is too high ..

Try lower the others

Hi Meemee, thanks for reply, other freq is basically flat, passenger side is also flat, only big dip in driver side at 150hz only, like >-10db

Hi, all sifu here

Time alignment checked?

Hi, all sifu here

Time alignment checked? Cross over checked? Fader checked? Edited by Budgetice

Time alignment checked?

Time alignment checked? Cross over checked? Fader checked?

Hi, all should be in good order, cos only big dip in 150hz only, all other freq is ok, so dont think is time alightment or crossover, i do play around with crossover (now set at 63-500) but cant fix the issue too.

Hi, all should be in good order, cos only big dip in 150hz only, all other freq is ok, so dont think is time alightment or crossover, i do play around with crossover (now set at 63-500) but cant fix the issue too.

U said due to driver side location, resulting in ur freq to drop.. how u conclude that?

What speaker and processor u using ?

U said due to driver side location, resulting in ur freq to drop.. how u conclude that?

What speaker and processor u using ?

Using

I am using calibration mix and rew software to measure, using alpine dsp and dls components spk.

• Praise 1

Hi Meemee, thanks for reply, other freq is basically flat, passenger side is also flat, only big dip in driver side at 150hz only, like >-10db

Increase the speaker volume ...

Or reduce other to compensate the dip or spike

Using

I am using calibration mix and rew software to measure, using alpine dsp and dls components spk.

Tuning is not done via imprint right?

So whats bothering u? The number or the sound?

Edited by Budgetice

Hi Leongcar, 

May I know how is your right midbass mounted? Is the midbass in the door panel or exposed with good mounting? Any treatment done to the doors?

Using

Hi Leong,

Can share what SP had been done to the front doors ?

I must learn from you on using REW which is mich more than what I know ..and I know very little :(

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Increase the speaker volume ...
Or reduce other to compensate the dip or spike

---- but will also affect other freq rite? tried to adjust EQ in 150hz, but not much help, if reduce other side to match, take away freq in 150hz range, not solving the problem.

Tuning is not done via imprint right?

So whats bothering u? The number or the sound?

---- balance of the sound, try to get the number right first and fine tune for personal preference later.

May I know how is your right midbass mounted? Is the midbass in the door panel or exposed with good mounting? Any treatment done to the doors?

---- midbass in original door panel with sound proof to the door.

Can share what SP had been done to the front doors ?

I must learn from you on using REW which is mich more than what I know ..and I know very little :(

---- not sure about the SP, possible the cause of the dip in particular freq? i assume SP ok as the other door no issue.

---- just know very basic in REW, just use to measure the freq at this moment, i am learning also.

Thank you for all the replies

Hi Leongcar, there can be various reasons causing the 150Hz dip - from the performance-related possibility of that particular midbass on the right to acoustic within your car, to the possible physics of placement & dampening in the door panel. 

If I may ask further, is the measurement done with TA on or off? How was the measurement taken? Were you sitting on the driver side then?

It is pretty amazing to record a 150Hz dip, at such concise freq.

Need some advice please. I have just changed my car and the factory fitted audio is quite bad but I can't figure out what is wrong. I don't like the music to be loud but whenever I turn up one notch from soft/low, the radio would sound really noisy/over powering. 

Need some advice please. I have just changed my car and the factory fitted audio is quite bad but I can't figure out what is wrong. I don't like the music to be loud but whenever I turn up one notch from soft/low, the radio would sound really noisy/over powering.

Change hu ...
↡ Advertisement