Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Hello, hope to get some advice from fellow members on below:

1. Roughly how much would it cost to retrieve the aftermarket audio equipment from car before scrap. The items are HU, CD player, speakers & Amp.

2. Recommend a good ICE shop at the East side.

3. Recommended audio upgrade for 2013-18 Forester. Not an audiophile but enjoy nice songs whilst driving.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, hope to get some advice from fellow members on below:

1. Roughly how much would it cost to retrieve the aftermarket audio equipment from car before scrap. The items are HU, CD player, speakers & Amp.

2. Recommend a good ICE shop at the East side.

3. Recommended audio upgrade for 2013-18 Forester. Not an audiophile but enjoy nice songs whilst driving.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Geo,

1. 100 bucks lobang if you want ... just go to neighbour car accessories can do.

2. Foon audio at kaki bukit or xtreme at Ubi good enuff but these are local big boys with tens of thousands installations which you are not planning right??

3. Budget budget budget .. keep HU and just get Subaru sanctioned tweeters and midbass but add active subwoofer ?

Cheera.

Richard

Hi Geo,

1. 100 bucks lobang if you want ... just go to neighbour car accessories can do.

2. Foon audio at kaki bukit or xtreme at Ubi good enuff but these are local big boys with tens of thousands installations which you are not planning right??

3. Budget budget budget .. keep HU and just get Subaru sanctioned tweeters and midbass but add active subwoofer ?

Cheera.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Any idea how much would it cost roughly to add the tweeters/mid-bass/active sub-woofer?

"Subaru sanctioned" means installer is MI or can be any other installer? If MI can do the job at reasonable price, it will be much more convenient & avoid warranty issue.

Thinking hard. Do not want to waste the existing audio system yet makes no sense to spend $$ to retrieve if I can't re-install into new car.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Any idea how much would it cost roughly to add the tweeters/mid-bass/active sub-woofer?

"Subaru sanctioned" means installer is MI or can be any other installer? If MI can do the job at reasonable price, it will be much more convenient & avoid warranty issue.

Thinking hard. Do not want to waste the existing audio system yet makes no sense to spend $$ to retrieve if I can't re-install into new car.

Thanks.

Hi Geo,

Sorry for not being clear but Subaru worked with Kickers to provide upgrade tweeters and midbass drivers here:

https://www.amazon.com/subaru-tweetera/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asubaru%20tweetera

Pioneer underseat active subwoofer including installation locally would be about sgd400.

Not sure if MI offer subwoofer installation but same TanChong for Nissan certainly does and do check with them .. no electrical impact on tweeters and midbass swap and dun let anyone tell you otherwise.

This is as much as you can do without going into active setup with processor etc. and more amplifiers which will be towards 5k but yet at the mercy of the tuning by installers that are often far from satisfactory in my decade old car audio effort especially after you had paid them.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Hi Geo,

Sorry for not being clear but Subaru worked with Kickers to provide upgrade tweeters and midbass drivers here:

https://www.amazon.com/subaru-tweetera/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asubaru%20tweetera

Pioneer underseat active subwoofer including installation locally would be about sgd400.

Not sure if MI offer subwoofer installation but same TanChong for Nissan certainly does and do check with them .. no electrical impact on tweeters and midbass swap and dun let anyone tell you otherwise.

This is as much as you can do without going into active setup with processor etc. and more amplifiers which will be towards 5k but yet at the mercy of the tuning by installers that are often far from satisfactory in my decade old car audio effort especially after you had paid them.

Cheers.

Richard

Many thanks, Richard.

• Praise 1

May i know your setup?

Can i join your meetup?

:D

Sure .. all are welcome ...

Hope morw ice car would join

Helix p6 mkII intergrated amp

Morel tweeter.- tw250

Morel mid - cdm880

Sbacoustics mid bass - satori

Kenwood subwoofer (mono block and subwoofer)

Clarion hu - nx706

digital optical output

Edited by Meemee

Sure .. all are welcome ...

Hope morw ice car would join

Helix p6 mkII intergrated amp

Morel tweeter.- tw250

Morel mid - cdm880

Sbacoustics mid bass - satori

Kenwood subwoofer (mono block and subwoofer)

Clarion hu - nx706

digital optical output

Thanks guys for the sharing! it is a real eye opener for noobs like me! So many DIY masters!  [thumbsup]

It's just another silly tax providing more money to pay million dollars salaries.

Hi Dach,

Actually hor ... 2400 or 0.3% of 800k tax payers earns more than $1.5kk/yr in 2017.

You can go to this site to check out percentile of income of the total number of 800k tax payers:

https://www.salary.sg/2017/compare-your-annual-income-2017/

Not sure how many but do not believe there are much more than 100 that pay $1.5kk salary in govt services ... the rest of 2300 of them are parking their lambo and silver shadows at marina bay office carparks or their bukit timah houses.

Yes, it surprises me also that singaporeans earn that kind of $ ... to make it to top 5% or 40000 earners, you need to make $270k as an individual and not household income.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement