How well is your car's fuel economy?

kobayashiGT

How well is your car fuel economy?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. How many km/l your car is giving you?

• 0-5 KM/L (this kills)
    • 5-7 KM/L
    • 7-10 KM/L
    • 10-15 KM/L
    • 15-20 KM/L
    • 20-25 KM/L
    • 25-30 KM/L
    • Run forever.

Forester N.A:

best FC is 17km/l (95% expressway), worst FC is 6.6 to 7 km/l (95% city). Do the math and u can tell the ave

Edited by Axela72
↡ Advertisement

I don't believe 36kml

Still not my best yet

Anyway I already mention, not worth the money buying Prius/C at all, another bro here mention his A3 achieved 24km/l, might as well go for those car, price are not too far off as well. My friend on a B Class is getting 17km/l. 

post-87757-0-05094300-1453174744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deckbuild

Feel stupid cos I have 130bhp, then I see other people drive Picanto overtake me hahaha.... So now I learn how to enjoy the power of my car and don't think too much about FC, just step harder on accelerator!

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Feel stupid cos I have 130bhp, then I see other people drive Picanto overtake me hahaha.... So now I learn how to enjoy the power of my car and don't think too much about FC, just step harder on accelerator!

Sometimes I think of closing my fuel economy display on my instruments and just heck care enjoy the pedal... but then ... [dizzy]

• Praise 2

actually, knowing the average FC of your ride has its advantages.

it is not just for fuel savings that matters.

1) knowing the full extend your full tank can bring you will make planning for trips easier. esp if you are making long distance trips like up north. that way, you can plan your re-fuels based on the locations of the petrol stations and the distance travelled.

2) knowing the FC of your ride will also circumvent the event that your fuel gauge is not working properly, the odo will be the next best guide to let you know how much fuel you have left in your tank.

3) where you constantly monitor the FC, if there is a sudden higher fuel consumption, it could be a symptom of engine problem. (eg, spark plug not firing as it should). Happened to one of my dad's ride. two of his 4 spark plug was dead. and so gam, the 2nd and 4th one died. so if you are not sensitive to engine revs, you will not really know the idling is not the same as usual.

so, to those that are singing the tune, wanna-drive-dun-need-to-hiam-how-much-you-spent-on-petrol, you may wanna think twice.
it is not just the money vs usage debate. Knowing your ride is just good sense to being a better driver. no? :grin:

• Praise 2

This is how I calculated the FC of my 10 years old Honda Civic 1.6AT (in good conditions with low mileage of 90000 km only):

I pumped full tank, then set mileage of Trip A to 0. After 2 week, mileage of trip clocked at 508.4 km, went to Caltech to pump full tank of RON95 again. Bill showed the consumed petro of 38.295L. So FC = 508.4/38.295 = 13.27 km/L. More or less the FC is in the range of 12.5 - 13.5 km/L. I think it is considered quite good for a 1600cc car at its 10 years old. Going to renew COE for it next month.

I usually drive only around 50km per day, 80% express + 20% city.

post-257076-0-97170300-1550143549_thumb.jpg

post-257076-0-75255700-1550143554_thumb.jpg

Edited by VictorTQT
  • Praise 2

36km/L? downhill, wind up window, off aircon, no spare tyre, tail wind direct ? 

Prius leh, don't need all these assist, and it's from a journey which is in Singapore around 30km distance.

• Praise 1

For hybrid, isn't the fuel consumption reference on higher speed driving as during lower speed driving are using mostly electric.

↡ Advertisement