How well is your car's fuel economy?

kobayashiGT

How well is your car fuel economy?  

331 members have voted

1. 1. How many km/l your car is giving you?

• 0-5 KM/L (this kills)
    • 5-7 KM/L
    • 7-10 KM/L
    • 10-15 KM/L
    • 15-20 KM/L
    • 20-25 KM/L
    • 25-30 KM/L
    • Run forever.

Internal Moderator

Yes, keep thinking of changing car but every time look at the FC of other cars puts everything off.

Just saw peugeot allow their diesel car to pump at ASEAN country, hopefully more diesel powered car able to do i as well...

Woah. No need to change lah. IMHO.. if space is not a big issue to your everyday driving, i think Prius C is a good city driving car. How often u go to petrol kiosk arh? once a month? haha.

Are u talking about the peugeot 508 Diesel? My neighbor is driving the stationwagon one. Really very nice.

↡ Advertisement

Woah. No need to change lah. IMHO.. if space is not a big issue to your everyday driving, i think Prius C is a good city driving car. How often u go to petrol kiosk arh? once a month? haha.

Are u talking about the peugeot 508 Diesel? My neighbor is driving the stationwagon one. Really very nice.

1 tank can hit 900km, how I wish the tank is double the current size (36L).

Yep talking about that station wagon. I was hoping that the Sante Fe comes in Diesel version, like the looks and the size of it =)

9.8 is very good for that car! If they change design at the front (side and back good), I will target this next. By the way, have you ever compared A45?

About 50/50 E'way/start-stop for me. Average about 9.8km/l (just over 10 if I'm very light footed). I consider this excellent for a performance car with a 3L twin scroll turbo under the hood.

Supercharged

Why so bothered about FC ?

Just enjoy your ride, and when petrol runs low, top-up and continue your journey lah...

9.8 is very good for that car! If they change design at the front (side and back good), I will target this next. By the way, have you ever compared A45?

Never driven it. I don't like "bo liao" asking for test drives, unless they themselves invite me, like when I got to drive the E55 AMG years ago.

But I would not expect the A45 to have such good FC, partly because it has an AWD drivetrain, which usually weighs down the car and increases parasitic losses.

Are we not Sinkies?

1. We buy a performance car for 300k plus and still worry about FC difference of 1 km/l

2. We buy BMW and still negotiate with car washer

and so on. Come on let us not lose our identity!

Why so bothered about FC ?

Just enjoy your ride, and when petrol runs low, top-up and continue your journey lah...

• Praise 1

2.5 Legacy GT Wagon - 5.5-5.8 km/l

Home to office commute is around 2km, so the car spends a lot of time just warming up in the parking lot and being driven lightly. I usually arrive with the oil not fully warmed up. Close to 100% urban cycle because my regular supermarket/makan places/shopping centre all within 5-6km radius, all on surface roads. Car also not stock :ph34r:

Drive big car into kiosk, when come to payment also feel proud.

Counter - "Morning Sir, which pump"

Owner - "Pump 1"

Counter - "Sir, that is $140 dollars".

Other owners beside will turn and look at pump 1 to see sami chia that cost $140 to pump. Haha...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

This poll had no meaning. Too many factor affecting FC.

Car CC, traffic condition, drving habit etc......

Without comparing detail, a 1.6L car can do below 10km/l in 100% city driving, can also do >15km/L for mix driving.

And who rides with you in the car also affects FC...Eg. a fat woman and a slim xmm both makes a difference in FC loh... [laugh]

Are we not Sinkies?

1. We buy a performance car for 300k plus and still worry about FC difference of 1 km/l

2. We buy BMW and still negotiate with car washer

and so on. Come on let us not lose our identity!

[laugh] [laugh]

And who rides with you in the car also affects FC...Eg. a fat woman and a slim xmm both makes a difference in FC loh... [laugh]

No, it wouldn't. XMM = less weight, but you'll push harder to show off to her, so everything cancels out. :D

[laugh] [laugh]

definitely, if fat woman rides my car, I will drive fast to reach the destination, drop her off asap,

if pretty xmm, I will drive slowly slowly, spend more time on the road to enjoy the journey, don't mind cousume more fuel [:p][:p] ,

Edited by Quantum

Internal Moderator

1 tank can hit 900km, how I wish the tank is double the current size (36L).

Yep talking about that station wagon. I was hoping that the Sante Fe comes in Diesel version, like the looks and the size of it =)

36L consider decent for that size of a car le lah! hahaha. If double the FC sure drop one.

I last week saw the ssang yong korando, diesel powered and i find the grille have the resemblance of a Jag, hahha.

ssangyong-korando-sx-front-tracking.jpg?

2008_Jaguar_XF.jpg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

[laugh] [laugh]

Lucky you never mention cup size affecting FC!!

btw.. I believe at which time of the day you are driving affects more on FC rather than highway/city percentage..

at peak hours.. our expressway are no better than driving in city...

Edited by Knoobie
↡ Advertisement