Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Yea, the badge looks Aston with the wide spread wings.

I find that by physicla size & kerb weight, elantra/Sonata ----K3/K5, its actually more suitable for 1.8/2.4.

Looking at the Bolah Elantras I have seen on the road, practically most/all are 1.8.

From 1.6-1.8 for Elantra/K3, due to the improved power to weight ration, iwt FC should remain the same or perhaps slightly better.

Yup those cars in Msia mostly come with bigger engines cos their Road Tax diferent n smaller n bigger engine pay the same.

Usually if same make/model/weight, a bigger engine wil work much less harder n burn less fuel.

If our gharmen r serious about reducing polloution then they sud just allow the cars with bigger engines without any penalty like higher R.Tax.

But we all know that our gharmen all bullsheet about many things. All they wan is to take more $$$ from us whichever way ty can.

• Praise 2

Pardon me for saying this, but those bits in the genesis looks really really familiar...it is exactly what I imagined to come out if the e-class, 5 series, and lexus gs bred together.

í

Its copying Mazda design.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Yup those cars in Msia mostly come with bigger engines cos their Road Tax diferent n smaller n bigger engine pay the same.

Usually if same make/model/weight, a bigger engine wil work much less harder n burn less fuel.

If our gharmen r serious about reducing polloution then they sud just allow the cars with bigger engines without any penalty like higher R.Tax.

But we all know that our gharmen all bullsheet about many things. All they wan is to take more $$$ from us whichever way ty can.

Agreed. Aside from using 1.8 for Elantra/K3

If not for the bullsheet, they could have brought in the GDI version which should have better power, torque, FC & lower emission while cc remains the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Gamma_engine

138hp@6300rpm with 167nm@4850rpm. With comp at 11.0 : 1, should still be safe to pump ron 95.

• Praise 3

Finally...Hyundai drop off those funny flowing line for the interior layout...When I sit in those taxi..it give me a headache looking at the interior line...always tell myself...I will never buy such car......this 2015 Sonata has do away those fanciful interior....not bad...

• Praise 2

i think it's notable that the press photos that they chose for this car is so "extreme".

this may mean that the car only looks good in some colours. in other colours the contours won't be as obvious and the styling will just be bland. ironically, a colour like comfortdelgro blue may actually highlight its contours...

Hyundai-Sonata_2015_800x600_wallpaper_01

• Praise 3

i think it's notable that the press photos that they chose for this car is so "extreme".

this may mean that the car only looks good in some colours. in other colours the contours won't be as obvious and the styling will just be bland. ironically, a colour like comfortdelgro blue may actually highlight its contours...

Hyundai-Sonata_2015_800x600_wallpaper_01

will blue and yellow colour suitable for this car? [grin]

• Praise 2

Hmmm, just saw the advertisement on the genesis coming to Singapore, wonder how komoco will price this car.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The genesis is has garnered great reviews from the USA media it seems. YouTube reviews I meant too. One vid also commented the driving the v8 version is as good as the top BMW 740, s class, the a8, even though this is meant to compete with the e class and 5 series. At base price usd 38000 for a 3800cc. Wonder how much will komocco price it in Singapore later this yr when they bring this in.

I am eagerly looking forward to this car. Dun mind if the price is good, specs good and paying a lower premium for a luxury car like this

• Praise 1

Supercharged

If same as C class u can see hyundai showroom flooded with people

Shh. Keep this low profile. C class price. Consperm I buy. Haha..

Supercharged

Tia gong they going to bring in the v6, 3800cc genesis.

Priced like bmw520. But class of bmw535 or a gs300.

Coe drop drop.

And saving monies to pay for this ride man

↡ Advertisement