Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

No lei, not informed of the turn signal thing. I sent in this week too. 

If it is a recall, shouldnt it be covered, why out of pocket? Anyway, did not get this, not sure which model year of manufacture it affect. Mine should be a late 2016 batch. Damn... fingers crosssed... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hope so too that it is a batch issue on the turn signal. At least they recall.
The wiring circuit for the airbag that you mentioned is unexpected though, does not sound like a common fault.

• Praise 1

On 4/12/2022 at 3:58 PM, Alfc said:

Hope so too that it is a batch issue on the turn signal. At least they recall.
The wiring circuit for the airbag that you mentioned is unexpected though, does not sound like a common fault.

Had my mechanic check my car... going up to Malaysia next week... going to stretch my car's legs after 2 years... no fault detected when he plugged in his diagnostics computer... so I wonder if Komoco was just being overly cautious...

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Had my mechanic check my car... going up to Malaysia next week... going to stretch my car's legs after 2 years... no fault detected when he plugged in his diagnostics computer... so I wonder if Komoco was just being overly cautious...

Thats good to hear. Thanks again for the update and enjoy your trip. Hope I could stretch mine soon too. Maybe can chio you for kopi one of this day. 👍

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Alfc said:

Thats good to hear. Thanks again for the update and enjoy your trip. Hope I could stretch mine soon too. Maybe can chio you for kopi one of this day. 👍

Oh yeah! Ha ha... if timing and schedule permits... sure!

Hello Alfc bro... just came back from a 2-week Malaysia road trip... loaded the car to the brim with my luggage and children's stuff... clocked 1949 km overall... really shiok to stretch the car... even though fully laden, the car really got power leh... especially between the 4000 to 5000 RPM sector... still smooth & stable and quiet at high speed less the crazy road noise (the road surface was terribly rough)... very satisfied for a 6 year old car... 

The Blind Spot Monitor played punk this time.... there was a warning message that it turned off and so I just shrugged it off while driving since there was nothing I could do it about while on the highway and it didn't impact the operation of the car... then after I stopped and restarted it came back on again... oh well... these electronic features tend to have these gremlins...

Also did a full wash & wax way up in Penang with CARS, at Gurney Paragon Mall... not bad, RM255 only... plus RM30 for interior disinfection spray and cleaning... now my car looks like new on the outside again except for all the little paint dings and scrapes...

@teomingern Thanks bro for the update. Good for you (and the car to stretch haha), can only envy. 

Can drop me a PM too and we can catch up. 😀 

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Hello Alfc bro... just came back from a 2-week Malaysia road trip... loaded the car to the brim with my luggage and children's stuff... clocked 1949 km overall... really shiok to stretch the car... even though fully laden, the car really got power leh... especially between the 4000 to 5000 RPM sector... still smooth & stable and quiet at high speed less the crazy road noise (the road surface was terribly rough)... very satisfied for a 6 year old car... 

The Blind Spot Monitor played punk this time.... there was a warning message that it turned off and so I just shrugged it off while driving since there was nothing I could do it about while on the highway and it didn't impact the operation of the car... then after I stopped and restarted it came back on again... oh well... these electronic features tend to have these gremlins...

Also did a full wash & wax way up in Penang with CARS, at Gurney Paragon Mall... not bad, RM255 only... plus RM30 for interior disinfection spray and cleaning... now my car looks like new on the outside again except for all the little paint dings and scrapes...

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Alfc said:

@teomingern Thanks bro for the update. Good for you (and the car to stretch haha), can only envy. 

Can drop me a PM too and we can catch up. 😀 

You not planning to go in soon? I think it's very safe... everyone is wearing masks even outdoors... their vaccination rate is better than ours... so I guess it's just the new normal...

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

You not planning to go in soon? I think it's very safe... everyone is wearing masks even outdoors... their vaccination rate is better than ours... so I guess it's just the new normal...

More is because I am unable to take leave currently. Probably plan for something coming year-end.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Alfc said:

More is because I am unable to take leave currently. Probably plan for something coming year-end.

Ah very good lar... akan datang bro... soon you can stretch your car's engine... love to hear the wail above 4000 RPM right up to 5500 RPM...

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Ah very good lar... akan datang bro... soon you can stretch your car's engine... love to hear the wail above 4000 RPM right up to 5500 RPM...

I do occasionally put it in Sports mode to rev... clear carbon haha... but still cannot compare to the kind of long stretches up north...

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Alfc said:

I do occasionally put it in Sports mode to rev... clear carbon haha... but still cannot compare to the kind of long stretches up north...

I drove the entire 1949 km in Normal mode leh... Sport mode just holds the revs higher at each gear and for longer... but doesn't really impart more power I feel... basically just altering the engine speed at which the gearbox changes up... for high speed passing, still must rev to 5000+ RPM if you're already at 120+ km/h.... also found that the car tends to hang onto high revs once you're in the power band at around 4000-5000 RPM... got to consciously release the gas pedal for the gearbox to change up once you're at cruising speed... at lower RPM, this doesn't happen...

(edited)

@teomingern The sports mode keep the rev higher in the sweet spot where the max power is typically for a NA car. Good for climbing curves i find.

Anyway, just read an article https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/hyundai-sonata-no-next-gen-model-in-the-works-report

If really, then ours will be the last batch to bear the name plate in SG since the DN8 is not sold here. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

13 hours ago, Alfc said:

@teomingern The sports mode keep the rev higher in the sweet spot where the max power is typically for a NA car. Good for climbing curves i find.

Anyway, just read an article https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/hyundai-sonata-no-next-gen-model-in-the-works-report

If really, then ours will be the last batch to bear the name plate in SG since the DN8 is not sold here. 

Aw... that's sad but not completely unexpected... wjpmgmg hoping for the DN-8 to arrive...

↡ Advertisement