Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Oh? So how do you find the car relative to ours? What's the price now?

Its definitely louder with the cascading grill and more chrome. Can blend in with the latest hyundai models (i40, ionic and elantra) albeit a bit generic now. Probably better suit the taste of those looking for more sporty look.

Also the rim designs have changed to more generic multi-spook type, even for the 18" one. 

Interior centre console a bit refresh with more matt silver but lost the cover for the bottom part where the sokets and USB are. Now it is open with the wireless charging thing. The screen also change but it now fitted with the small little one like when our model was first launched. Steering wheel also change to 3-spoke to be inline with the more sporty look.

Personally I have always preferred our more "ah peh" styling, find it more understated elegant both in and out, which is why I went to get this year before the facelift arrive. After looking at the real thing, re-affirm myself haha... This is purely my preference. 

Price I asked is $131k for normal; $141 for Sunroof. This is the price I think the product should be at given the quality, spec and features. BUT over here I think you know better what most would think.... 

Edited by Alfc
↡ Advertisement

Its definitely louder with the cascading grill and more chrome. Can blend in with the latest hyundai models (i40, ionic and elantra) albeit a bit generic now. Probably better suit the taste of those looking for more sporty look.

Also the rim designs have changed to more generic multi-spook type, even for the 18" one.

Interior centre console a bit refresh with more matt silver but lost the cover for the bottom part where the sokets and USB are. Now it is open with the wireless charging thing. The screen also change but it now fitted with the small little one like when our model was first launched. Steering wheel also change to 3-spoke to be inline with the more sporty look.

Personally I have always preferred our more "ah peh" styling, find it more understated elegant both in and out, which is why I went to get this year before the facelift arrive. After looking at the real thing, re-affirm myself haha... This is purely my preference.

Price I asked is $131k for normal; $141 for Sunroof. This is the price I think the product should be at given the quality, spec and features. BUT over here I think you know better what most would think....

Wow! That's pretty expensive... it really remains to be seen if the specs and features list matches the usual rivals or not...

Wow...the sunroof version is priced more than 10k higher than the Mazda 6 Executive model...which also comes with sunroof.

Wow...the sunroof version is priced more than 10k higher than the Mazda 6 Executive model...which also comes with sunroof.

The sunroof in the Sonata is a panoramic one (moonroof) rather than just a sunroof. I think there are a bit more other features such as ventilated seats, smart trunk, rear traffic alert etc.

The price for Hyundais is also usually free from encumbrances such as loan requirement, insurance, trade-in etc which other car brands like to attach as T&C for giving you certain "good" prices.

Think quite likely the actual selling price will be a bit lower than $141k (at current COE) given the usual typical local market perception. Unless this is meant to be a loss leader in their build-up of brand positioning.

The opening price for new models for Komoco is always very high... the price will drop in 3 month's time... just like the previous model that I am driving... I bought only at $123,999 before discounts... the launch price was way above that...

Unfortunately the tab for the Sonata VIII price is no longer available... otherwise can check out the price history...

Edited by teomingern

Hey I just bought a second hand sonata. 2016 with sunroof.

My head unit is the 7" dunno what brand one. Definitely aftermarket one. Not Hyundai blue link as seen on YouTube. I think it's stock from Komoco according to previous owner.

Just wondering for USB music playback:

Thumb drive I formatted to FAT32

I dumped all the music in. No folders or anything.

Is there a requirement for folder structure?

When I plug in it plays. But when I go to home and press USB it says no USB device. And I have no way to get back to the music play screen unless I plug the drive in and out. Anyone else have this problem?

Also my sun shade mirror fell out :(

Hey I just bought a second hand sonata. 2016 with sunroof.

My head unit is the 7" dunno what brand one. Definitely aftermarket one. Not Hyundai blue link as seen on YouTube. I think it's stock from Komoco according to previous owner.

Just wondering for USB music playback:

Thumb drive I formatted to FAT32

I dumped all the music in. No folders or anything.

Is there a requirement for folder structure?

When I plug in it plays. But when I go to home and press USB it says no USB device. And I have no way to get back to the music play screen unless I plug the drive in and out. Anyone else have this problem?

Also my sun shade mirror fell out :(

Congratulations bro! You've gotten yourself a really good car... it's the same age as my car... interesting that the driver let it go so early... can share how much you paid?

You can take a look at Post #405... which was made by me... there's a whole series of photos regarding this head unit...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694083-hyundai-sonata-2015/?p=5784932

Basically you jump back to the menu screen by pressing home... there's a home hard button on the lower edge of the screen...

I use a SanDisk Fit 64 GB USB 3.0 USB flash drive. It works flawlessly... I have about 30 folders inside... it will work without folders... I usually use ExFAT for improved compatibility, both forwards and backwards...

Press home on the upper left of screen to jump back to the Menu Home Page if you want to use the touch screen. Otherwise, there's a hard button also. Press List on the lower left screen to take you to the Folder List View, and you can scroll and choose the folder you want.

Hope this helps... 

Congratulations bro! You've gotten yourself a really good car... it's the same age as my car... interesting that the driver let it go so early... can share how much you paid?

You can take a look at Post #405... which was made by me... there's a whole series of photos regarding this head unit...

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694083-hyundai-sonata-2015/?p=5784932

Basically you jump back to the menu screen by pressing home... there's a home hard button on the lower edge of the screen...

I use a SanDisk Fit 64 GB USB 3.0 USB flash drive. It works flawlessly... I have about 30 folders inside... it will work without folders... I usually use ExFAT for improved compatibility, both forwards and backwards...

Press home on the upper left of screen to jump back to the Menu Home Page if you want to use the touch screen. Otherwise, there's a hard button also. Press List on the lower left screen to take you to the Folder List View, and you can scroll and choose the folder you want.

Hope this helps...

Oh thank you very much! Yes home button works to bring it back to the music screen.

Bought at 92 :D

By the way,

For radio, any way to program the stations to like a list so when I use the up down on the wheel it only selects those stations?

Oh I don't really use the radio... so I just left it as it is... it saves presets according to the frequency.

I think that you should be able to have a custom preset list.

Oh thank you very much! Yes home button works to bring it back to the music screen.

Bought at 92 :D

Congrats and welcome.

Wow! If this is a "clean" price (no T&C), then it is seriously a very good bargain.

Congrats and welcome.

Wow! If this is a "clean" price (no T&C), then it is seriously a very good bargain.

Yep the price was good!

Loving the car so far. Especially like the smart trunk feature.

Very good buy. No long loan tenure lock-in, no higher than market interest rate, no depress trade-in car price.

Enjoy the car.

Edited by Alfc

Oh well no sensor then so be it.

What about tires guys? I want to change it since coming to 2 years.

Michelin Pilot Sport / Pirelli P Zero seems to be the only 2 I can find for 235/45/18.

Any other recommendations?

Btw can you all what approve me or gimme some points. This forum keeps insisting I have a post limit lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2