Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

My spare use only for a day before putting it back. Not viable to use also with 1 new and 3 used kind if combo.

I got the Premacy at $300 per piece, think this is about the market price for our not-so-common size. Actually even the Hankooks is about $200 a piece. Hardly anything for below $200 unless u really go budget. Guess a few hundred more over few years can try la if makes the ride safer and more enjoyable. So far I think it suits this comfort-bias car well. They can bring out the quality ride even better. 

Edited by Alfc
↡ Advertisement

Hankook is a good choice. I have used 2 sets previously on my last car. Quite similar to the Kumhos, a bit hard but durable.

Just wanted to spend a bit more this time to have first hand experience if the premium is more show or go.

Edited by Alfc

Hankook is a good choice. I have used 2 sets previously on my last car. Quite similar to the Kumhos, a bit hard but durable.

Just wanted to spend a bit more this time to have first hand experience if the premium is more show or go.

I used Pirelli Dragon before on my previous car... very good indeed... superb grip plus long lasting... and quiet also... unfortunately discontinued already... and also not ultra performance tires that fits our rims... was also thinking of trying Yokohama... but just too expensive to justify the use...

Whats the size recommended ? now im running in 245/45/18 . reverse will scratch the back , go bigger hump will scrap undercarriage . headache [smash]

If you're running the sunroof model and the factory rim, then the standard tire size should 235/45/18. When you say reverse scratch the back, and go bigger hump will scrap the undercarriage, what do you mean? Are you saying that your slightly larger rolling diameter is contributing to the problem? Cos I calculated the difference in rolling diameter and it's 9mm larger on your current tires... that's considered ok by the website I use. Speedometer over-read is only 1.34%. Try the link below...

https://www.errolstyres.co.za/odcalculator

If you're running the sunroof model and the factory rim, then the standard tire size should 235/45/18. When you say reverse scratch the back, and go bigger hump will scrap the undercarriage, what do you mean? Are you saying that your slightly larger rolling diameter is contributing to the problem? Cos I calculated the difference in rolling diameter and it's 9mm larger on your current tires... that's considered ok by the website I use. Speedometer over-read is only 1.34%. Try the link below...

Yes the sunroof model.forget the previous Tyre size. Once changed will scratch if have 1 or 2 passenger at the back. What's the average mileage you guys running. Currently is 11.2l/100 . Getting worst

235/40r18 . Mentioned the wrong size. Just check. This size got risk of getting scratched under carriage. And when reverse

235/40r18 . Mentioned the wrong size. Just check. This size got risk of getting scratched under carriage. And when reverse

Your profile 40 is lower than the standard 45. This could be the cause of your lowered ride when you carry passenger and the ground clearance is further reduced.

Another possible is your shocks are worn and bounced down more and need replacement. Do you usually go quite fast over humps? Shiok to drive through but the shocks wears out faster.

Edited by Alfc

Your profile 40 is lower than the standard 45. This could be the cause of your lowered ride when you carry passenger and the ground clearance is further reduced.

Another possible is your shocks are worn and bounced down more and need replacement. Do you usually go quite fast over humps? Shiok to drive through but the shocks wears out faster.

i notice that so little sonata8 on the road. whats the fuel consumption of yours ?

• Praise 1

i notice that so little sonata8 on the road. whats the fuel consumption of yours ?

It appeals to a very niche bunch of people. I dun mind this exclusivity.

FC between city start stop and highway very different. City driving I get 8-10km/l, highway usually 11-12km/l. I drive normal, I dun baby the accelerator nor floor it. So overall about 10km/l on 50/50 city/highway. Within expectation on spec sheet and when I bought this car.

It appeals to a very niche bunch of people. I dun mind this exclusivity.

FC between city start stop and highway very different. City driving I get 8-10km/l, highway usually 11-12km/l. I drive normal, I dun baby the accelerator nor floor it. So overall about 10km/l on 50/50 city/highway. Within expectation on spec sheet and when I bought this car.

Yup... same same kind of driving pattern... mostly off-peak and also 50/50 highway and city... my average per tank is about 11.2 km/L... same same with all other 2.0 L naturally aspirated engines...

Are you sure that you got the tire size right? Profile 40 on 235 width sounds rather unusual leh... anyway the factory rims and tires don't have this problem... I'm still running the stock tires after 41,000 km... probably can hit over 50,000 km and tires will be still good...

hello there!, dear forumers anybody had a service manual of a hyundai sonata hybrid 2012 ??? i need it very much, i tought a lllot on the problem and i got headache...i need the service manual. tnx

• Praise 1

Hi bros,

Proud owner of hyundai sonata 2016. I just got the car yesterday from a second hand deal premium automobile.there is an issue that i would like some advise from the owners here. When i come to a almost complete stop, the engine seems to like its going to stall but in fact it didnt. The rpm didnt drop but it just give that stall feeling. On the hand, sometimes when i let go the gas pedal,the rpm didnt decrease immediately instead stuck for a few seconds till i apply brake. Usually it happens when the speed is very slow like driving in the carpark.a million thanks to anyone could shed some light on these two particular issues.

• Praise 1

Hi bros,

Proud owner of hyundai sonata 2016. I just got the car yesterday from a second hand deal premium automobile.there is an issue that i would like some advise from the owners here. When i come to a almost complete stop, the engine seems to like its going to stall but in fact it didnt. The rpm didnt drop but it just give that stall feeling. On the hand, sometimes when i let go the gas pedal,the rpm didnt decrease immediately instead stuck for a few seconds till i apply brake. Usually it happens when the speed is very slow like driving in the carpark.a million thanks to anyone could shed some light on these two particular issues.

Welcome bro... how much did you pay for it?

To answer your question, need a bit more info... what's the mileage like for your car? What's your speed in the car park? And do you remember what's the RPM the engine seems to be stuck at?

Hi hi,

I think around $75000.mileage is 28k. Speed around 10-20km/h rmp slightly above 1k, sometimes on the road too. About the stall feeling, i let komoco check, they said maybe it is the characteristics of this car when downshifting to first gear. Is it true for the owners here? Hope to hear some advise soon.

Hi hi,

I think around $75000.mileage is 28k. Speed around 10-20km/h rmp slightly above 1k, sometimes on the road too. About the stall feeling, i let komoco check, they said maybe it is the characteristics of this car when downshifting to first gear. Is it true for the owners here? Hope to hear some advise soon.

Welcome to the club, for mine, I have never experience the "near stalling" scenario you described.

Something you may want to get a second opinion again and can share your findings here.

The RPM hang - yes, it happens when the engine is cold. It will stay around 1500rpm even when the accelerator is released at low speed but after a couple of minutes when the engine is sufficiently warm, it does not happen anymore. My normal idling rpm is just slightly below 1000rpm.

Remember reading some where that rev hang is not uncommon and it is probably how this car's ECU is programmed.

Edited by Alfc
↡ Advertisement