Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

On 11/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, Alfc said:

Amazing still on stock tyre. Quiet thread waiting for your tyre shopping update. Also nothing really to complain about the car so nothing to post haha. 

Btw do you work somewhere in the south? 

Ah I work central area... but I stay Jurong West area... I see another dark blue Sonata in the Jurong West area in the streets around my HDB blocks... is that yours?

Yeah I wanted to change tires last month... but the tire shop chap said still so good... don't change... just rotate and pump up the tires... so I did just that... so far still ok... this month I only drive for less than a week... so I will inspect again in Jan... possibly will change regardless at 60,000 km... by then the car will be 4 years old... tires too old also not good...

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Ah I work central area... but I stay Jurong West area... I see another dark blue Sonata in the Jurong West area in the streets around my HDB blocks... is that yours?

Yeah I wanted to change tires last month... but the tire shop chap said still so good... don't change... just rotate and pump up the tires... so I did just that... so far still ok... this month I only drive for less than a week... so I will inspect again in Jan... possibly will change regardless at 60,000 km... by then the car will be 4 years old... tires too old also not good...

I see. Mine is a white SR. Every morning I drive pass an institution, I saw a Sonata with a old license plate number that I had a hunch it looks like yours haha. Testing my sixth sense. Korean tyres are a bit hard but very lasting. 

Edited by Alfc

On 12/20/2019 at 3:27 PM, Alfc said:

I see. Mine is a white SR. Every morning I drive pass an institution, I saw a Sonata with a old license plate number that I had a hunch it looks like yours haha. Testing my sixth sense. Korean tyres are a bit hard but very lasting. 

Ah then not yours... although I have seen a white SR before... mine is grey (polished) and SR trim with a SLB 3XXX plate... not sure if you see my car or not? Next time give a toot and flash your lights lor... ha ha... 

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

Ah then not yours... although I have seen a white SR before... mine is grey (polished) and SR trim with a SLB 3XXX plate... not sure if you see my car or not? Next time give a toot and flash your lights lor... ha ha... 

Then the one I saw not you cause it is SBB plate. But the colour same as you and seen so many of your previous shared photos that I thought it is you haha. 

Sure thing to toot if got chance to catch you on the road as this car is such a rare sight. Btw I just change my car fob battery, it is really easy, just like the youtube video I shared some pages earlier. There is a technic to pry open it.

Anyway, happy holidays. 

On 12/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, Alfc said:

Then the one I saw not you cause it is SBB plate. But the colour same as you and seen so many of your previous shared photos that I thought it is you haha. 

Sure thing to toot if got chance to catch you on the road as this car is such a rare sight. Btw I just change my car fob battery, it is really easy, just like the youtube video I shared some pages earlier. There is a technic to pry open it.

Anyway, happy holidays. 

Ah yes... my first one wasn't done well at Komoco of all places... sigh... my second one just needed a change and my dad just prised it open neatly... like in the video... we each carry one key for convenience... his Renault one is so much easier to remove the battery and replace... anyway wasted a trip down to Komoco as they also don't know how to really do it... too few Sonatas they said and it seems I was one of the first few to return to ask how to change the battery... the neat part is that the car will warn you about the low battery... have you ever had the low washer fluid warning? Love that too... ha ha...

Edited by teomingern

On 12/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, Alfc said:

Anyway, happy holidays. 

Wah SBB plate? I was only a few years old leh... I definitely can't be holding onto such an old plate... heh heh... 

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Wah SBB plate? I was only a few years old leh... I definitely can't be holding onto such an old plate... heh heh... 

Think we about the same age lah haha. Mine is SBC plate cos I got it with my first car (obviously an old car) which came with it and retain it since. 

On 12/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, Alfc said:

Think we about the same age lah haha. Mine is SBC plate cos I got it with my first car (obviously an old car) which came with it and retain it since. 

I bought a 9-year old car as my first car... the plate was SBU... if I remember correctly... a lovely Daihatsu Charade... loved the peppy 1.0 L engine and manual gearbox and super comfortable seats... talking about seats... I think I got spoiled by the Sonata's highly adjustable seat... I rented a Corolla recently in Australia and I just didn't like the seat no matter how I adjusted the obviously limited options (just back seat tilt and bottom seat height)... very annoying... just not comfortable... when I got home and sat in my own car, it just felt right leh...

On 12/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, teomingern said:

Bro u work at suntec by any chance?

On 1/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, STiYaKuzA said:

Bro u work at suntec by any chance?

Ha ha... no bro... I don't work at Suntec... why? You saw a polished coloured Sonata with sunroof there? I haven't been there for a while now though... 

18 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Ha ha... no bro... I don't work at Suntec... why? You saw a polished coloured Sonata with sunroof there? I haven't been there for a while now though... 

Ah.. I always see a Sonata with SLB 3xxx plate at reserved lot there, but it looks more grey brown. Thought it was yours!

On 1/9/2020 at 2:35 PM, STiYaKuzA said:

Ah.. I always see a Sonata with SLB 3xxx plate at reserved lot there, but it looks more grey brown. Thought it was yours!

Oh... ha ha... that's really coincidental lar... I not so privileged to park in reserved parking space... ha ha... me just a poor man... mind is grey... not brown... I have only seen white, black, grey, dark blue, silver and brown for this car... I wanted red but they didn't bring that colour in... also could not indent... otherwise mine will likely be the only red Sonata in Singapore... the previous i45 came in red and I loved that colour... 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:31 PM, teomingern said:

Oh... ha ha... that's really coincidental lar... I not so privileged to park in reserved parking space... ha ha... me just a poor man... mind is grey... not brown... I have only seen white, black, grey, dark blue, silver and brown for this car... I wanted red but they didn't bring that colour in... also could not indent... otherwise mine will likely be the only red Sonata in Singapore... the previous i45 came in red and I loved that colour... 

Yeah come to think of it I haven't seen any red LF sonata around! 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, STiYaKuzA said:

Yeah come to think of it I haven't seen any red LF sonata around! 

Yeah I really don't understand the ADs... why don't ident any colour for customers who are willing to wait? And even pay a bit more for a special colour...

Bro Alfc, will be changing tires this week... mostly likely will settle for Yokohama BlueEarth tires... seems most cost effective... I think I kind of give up getting the same category ultra performance tires as our own OEM Kumho Solus ultra performance tires...

• Praise 1

Thanks  bro for the update. Your tyres are very well utilized. 

Are the BlueEarth even cheaper than Kumho or Hankook? I thought Kumho or Hankook already quite competitive.  Depending on your preference, more sporty or comfort. I find our 235/45R18 profile needs more comfort oriented tyres to balance up but if you prefer sporty, then must prepare to accept noise and ride hashness.

I just rotated my Michelin. Frankly, after 10k usage, it is definitely less quiet and the thread wear is faster than the Kumho/Hankook.

38 minutes ago, Alfc said:

Thanks  bro for the update. Your tyres are very well utilized. 

Are the BlueEarth even cheaper than Kumho or Hankook? I thought Kumho or Hankook already quite competitive.  Depending on your preference, more sporty or comfort. I find our 235/45R18 profile needs more comfort oriented tyres to balance up but if you prefer sporty, then must prepare to accept noise and ride hashness.

I just rotated my Michelin. Frankly, after 10k usage, it is definitely less quiet and the thread wear is faster than the Kumho/Hankook.

The BlueEarth are summer touring tires... whatever that means... certainly not ultra performance... I can't remember the quote but have a faint impression it's like $160 per tire for our profile and size... I think definitely more comfort oriented than our Kumhos...

That's quite a bargain for this size. Hopefully as it gets more common, we got more to choose from. Anyway, the Michelins have also dropped price, less than $300 already.

Recently, I got this intermittent "sticky" steering issue. Think could be similar to certain batch of the Elantra. Will go in AD to get it checked when going for next servicing.

↡ Advertisement