Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

3 hours ago, Contipro said:

getting too bored and I started do it 3 weeks ago. I do it every weekend or Sunday morning.

less traffic. lane 1 cruise at 95km/h

BKE-SLE-TPE (u turn at changi airport)-PIE-BKE

best is SLE TPE, route long with Lane 1 less traffic follow at rear and no blocking traffic at front.

purely enjoy the ride and play you favorite song list. 

Please cruise at 2nd lane. First lane for overtaking. You never know when a fast car approach you from behind. And when you change lane, you will cause accident when the other car from behind take 2nd lane in split second.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Xtrah said:

Please cruise at 2nd lane. First lane for overtaking. You never know when a fast car approach you from behind. And when you change lane, you will cause accident when the other car from behind take 2nd lane in split second.

no worry, I always check my rear view mirror.

will give way if notice incoming traffic. anyway if I already travel like 95km/h still there is car approaching fast, damn this guy must be speeding jialat jialat liao. Is that you? hee hee..

anyway if i already cruise above speed limit and 2nd n 3rd lane empty, wise one will just overtake smoothly from left (just like me). Unless this driver looking for trouble, tail gate and flash high beam. Then this fellow must have been a stressful day... 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:16 PM, Alfc said:

Maybe one of these days we can catch up over kopi once this covid situation is under control. Getting online overdose haha... 

Like what contipro said, I also took a roundtrip to the expressway to chill especially weekend for grocery shopping. Can let the car run longer uninterrupted distances too. 

Good idea! 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Contipro said:

no worry, I always check my rear view mirror.

will give way if notice incoming traffic. anyway if I already travel like 95km/h still there is car approaching fast, damn this guy must be speeding jialat jialat liao. Is that you? hee hee..

anyway if i already cruise above speed limit and 2nd n 3rd lane empty, wise one will just overtake smoothly from left (just like me). Unless this driver looking for trouble, tail gate and flash high beam. Then this fellow must have been a stressful day... 

Yeah lor I agree... usually people just 'siam' and overtake using the empty lane... and these days, the roads are pretty empty... don't need to have so many pattern leh... I really can relax and drive very slowly when I go on my grocery runs...

Sent my Sonata back to Komoco yesterday for a warranty claim... the left side steering wheel controls stopped functioning suddenly... diagnosis = broken clock spring. Replaced free of charge under warranty... so far the car has been trouble free since the beginning... I also got them to check my suspension just in case... but it got a clean bill of health... hope it stays this way until it's 10th year... ha ha...

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

Sent my Sonata back to Komoco yesterday for a warranty claim... the left side steering wheel controls stopped functioning suddenly... diagnosis = broken clock spring. Replaced free of charge under warranty... so far the car has been trouble free since the beginning... I also got them to check my suspension just in case... but it got a clean bill of health... hope it stays this way until it's 10th year... ha ha...

BTW what is the mileage of your ride now? 

Almost 67,000 km lor... 5 years old in April... about 12,000 km per year only... not much... I drive much lessons last year and this year... the mileage per year was higher from 2016-2018...

• Praise 2

Time flies man. Good to hear another still going strong. I recently went back to claim the boot sensor too. FOC and other than that, really hassle-free. I drove a lot less too due to WFH.

The DN8 is now available in Malaysia, but of course as expected, probably not going to be hot selling. Hope to see one in the flesh if it ever drove across or we can cross the causeway again. 

• Praise 1

13 hours ago, Alfc said:

Time flies man. Good to hear another still going strong. I recently went back to claim the boot sensor too. FOC and other than that, really hassle-free. I drove a lot less too due to WFH.

The DN8 is now available in Malaysia, but of course as expected, probably not going to be hot selling. Hope to see one in the flesh if it ever drove across or we can cross the causeway again. 

I saw the face-lifted model to our model on leaving the workshop that day... the catfish mouth doesn't look so bad when the car is in silver... ha ha...

I doubt we'll see this new DN8 in Singapore...

Just an update in relation to the fuel meter and fuel warning icon...

Today I started up my car and discovered the trip computer said only 25 km left on the tank. Yesterday the low fuel indicator had come on, and the alert had chimed a few times on and off as I drove home. But I thought still got enough to get to work and after work just drop by the petrol kiosk which is less than 1 km from my workplace. My journey from home to work only 24 km. But I thought sure got some reserve one lar... 25 km can make it...

As I drove along PIE, I see the traffic monitoring system say jam... so I diverted to use the arterial roads rather than highway. The mileage left kept dropping until I was quite worried... cos it dropped quite drastically once I sped up on the highway (100 km/h) and also when I diverted onto the arterial roads. I diverted cos I was afraid not enough fuel to reach the petrol kiosk near my workplace...  only pump Esso and don't have any along the way...

By the time I stopped at the pump, the trip computer mileage indicated 4 km left!!! Wah... really close shave... but when I topped up (done by pump attendant), only 62.02 L was pumped in... so still got about 8 L left lar... my tank is 70 L...

By the way, the last mark on the fuel gauge was blinking once the trip computer dropped below 20 km I think... I don't really remember now but it was blinking once I noticed it... I was wondering if it would turn amber then red if I had continued driving... no guts to try some more... ha ha...

This is the most expensive petrol I pumped in a while - $2.37 per L of RON95... and the worst mileage I ever clocked for a tank of petrol... only travelled 601 km using 62.02 L of petrol... 9+ km/L only... my usual is about 10.6 to 10.8 km/L... probably due to the past month doing only very short trips to clinic and market...

Edited by teomingern

Just another update on my Sonata... 2015 Sonata LF model...

Recently the Blind Spot Detector (BSD) warning light came on in the trip computer to warn me that something was wrong with one of 3 things: Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) or Anti-lock Brake System (ABS). There is an amber triangular sign with an exclamation mark inside the triange that remains lit on the menu row on the trip computer. It replaces one of the usual icons in that row. In addition, the VSC & ABS warning lights are lit.

The warning light came on for the first day, and as I was taking my family for outing, I just turned off the engine and started again, and the lights went off. Then the light didn't come on for a while. A few days later, the light came on again, and I did the same as above, but this time the VSC & ABS light remain lit but the BSD warning light disappeared. When I drove off, the VSC & ABS lights then switched off. Note that the Rear Cross Traffic sensors still worked and alerted me to some car passing behind me left to right. Also the brakes and the ABS seem to work, so did the BSM... 

This Mon, 3 Jan, I decided to drive down to Komoco as a walk-in customer to get this fixed. Was served at 9.00 am (after 30 min wait), and they fixed the car by 3.00 pm or so. I also got the driver's side spray nozzle fixed cos it got stuck somehow and no water would spray out. My mechanic tried to clear it but the water eventually stopped coming out. And then I got them to check my battery and got it replaced.

Total damage: $416 including the labour charges.

Nozzle: $18.80 + $27 labour

Battery: $160 + $27 labour (Delkor brand)

Rear wheel sensor: $88 + $121 (labour) - this caused the BSD warning light to come on...

• Praise 1

@teomingernWow bro, so long never see this thread got posting liao haha. Good to have your update. Have not encountered the issues you mention but glad you manage to get it solved. Price seem reasonable for AD and more importantly fixed. Mine is reaching 5 years very very soon. Only issues so far is my bonnet gas struts and steering wheel clock spring clicking sound, both replaced FoC under warranty. Battery i already change last year outside. Still very happy with the car but backside itch one-time when I saw the Palisade. Think only as the price and COE now is not right timing. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Alfc said:

@teomingernWow bro, so long never see this thread got posting liao haha. Good to have your update. Have not encountered the issues you mention but glad you manage to get it solved. Price seem reasonable for AD and more importantly fixed. Mine is reaching 5 years very very soon. Only issues so far is my bonnet gas struts and steering wheel clock spring clicking sound, both replaced FoC under warranty. Battery i already change last year outside. Still very happy with the car but backside itch one-time when I saw the Palisade. Think only as the price and COE now is not right timing. 

My car is one year older than yours... April 6 years old... mileage is 75,000 already... probably can get my mechanic to fix it cheaper than AD... But hard to get hold of him...

Palisade is 3.5 L V6, road tax is $3200 a year... RON95 is $2.59/L now... fuel consumption will kill you first... ha ha... not viable for me... let's hope it gets the 2.5 turbo... also VES penalty is $25,000 and at $232,000... out of my reach...

On 1/6/2022 at 8:38 PM, teomingern said:

Just another update on my Sonata... 2015 Sonata LF model...

Recently the Blind Spot Detector (BSD) warning light came on in the trip computer to warn me that something was wrong with one of 3 things: Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) or Anti-lock Brake System (ABS). There is an amber triangular sign with an exclamation mark inside the triange that remains lit on the menu row on the trip computer. It replaces one of the usual icons in that row. In addition, the VSC & ABS warning lights are lit.

The warning light came on for the first day, and as I was taking my family for outing, I just turned off the engine and started again, and the lights went off. Then the light didn't come on for a while. A few days later, the light came on again, and I did the same as above, but this time the VSC & ABS light remain lit but the BSD warning light disappeared. When I drove off, the VSC & ABS lights then switched off. Note that the Rear Cross Traffic sensors still worked and alerted me to some car passing behind me left to right. Also the brakes and the ABS seem to work, so did the BSM... 

Rear wheel sensor: $88 + $121 (labour) - this caused the BSD warning light to come on...

Bro @teomingern, thanks for your sharing as mine hit this exact same issue couple days back and managed to get it fixed at Komoco. Sent in the morning and fixed by noon. Looks like a common fault.  

• Praise 2

Bro... you received the recall notice? To fix the turn signal software? I also sent mine in a week ago... forgot to update here... Komoco fixed it in an hour... but was told that they did a full check for the wiring circuits and it showed an impending fault which may cause the airbags not to deploy... $120 for diagnosis and if airbags need replacement then another $2000... faint...

↡ Advertisement