Nissan latio engine revving

Playtime

Not sure anyone has the same problem.

My 9 yr old latio AT sedan been giving me concern.

While driving, it has suddenly seem to go into neutral while the gear is in "drive".

What happens is the engine suddenly just revs but no power goes to the wheels. Macham neutral.

Sometimes I just need to wait a while and Power comes back. But twice I had to roll to a complete stop, off engine and restart.

Any ideas or experience anyone? ?

↡ Advertisement

Not sure anyone has the same problem.

My 9 yr old latio AT sedan been giving me concern.

While driving, it has suddenly seem to go into neutral while the gear is in "drive".

What happens is the engine suddenly just revs but no power goes to the wheels. Macham neutral.

Sometimes I just need to wait a while and Power comes back. But twice I had to roll to a complete stop, off engine and restart.

Any ideas or experience anyone? ?

Check your transmission fluid lvl.

Do you normally engage N while at traffic lights?

Check your transmission fluid lvl.

nah... only go neutral at car park.

will check the trans fld.

:)

Its a gearbox problem.

if that... die liao..

Ta ma de next yr COE will si liao.... if need to fix gearbox dunno how ...

nah... only go neutral at car park.

will check the trans fld.

:)

if that... die liao..

Ta ma de next yr COE will si liao.... if need to fix gearbox dunno how ...

Check the fluid lvl first, there was once my transmission oil total drain because mechanic fail to tighten screw, step on accelerator but won't move.

Do you service your GB periodically?

Supersonic

Paging paging @Pisces69

Hopefully its just a problem of insufficient ATF as shared by Deckbuild.

Btw, understand its 9yo. U bought from new. If yes, whats the current mileage?

Neutral Newbie

I had the exact same problem with my 8-yr-old Latio last year. When moving off from stationary position, the symptom you describe will happen now and then. Can be quite dangerous, especially when stuck in a traffic jam. Dont think is trans fluid cos I've been going back to TC regularly for servicing. TC suspect is gearbox, quoted me 5K to change.

I change car.

Turbocharged

err.. is there any problem with that?? dont know from where i pick up this habit recently... [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

I had the exact same problem with my 8-yr-old Latio last year. When moving off from stationary position, the symptom you describe will happen now and then. Can be quite dangerous, especially when stuck in a traffic jam. Dont think is trans fluid cos I've been going back to TC regularly for servicing. TC suspect is gearbox, quoted me 5K to change.

I change car.

Would like to clarify that the $5k is for a brand new 4AT & not an overhaul? Ok to share at what mileage this prob occurred? TIA.

err.. is there any problem with that?? dont know from where i pick up this habit recently... [sweatdrop]

There are some articles stating it will wear the actuators prematurely which are used to engage the gears.

But I have heard alot of Malaysian saying there are no issues after ten years doing it. Some drivers that I observe lagi best, every traffic light push to P....

Edited by Deckbuild

Thanks for all advise.

My ride was bought new in 2005 sept. Now 160 plus kilometer.

Went to TC Bukit timah just now. Seems like other latio owners have experience the same problem.

But The folks at TC say never have this problem with latio AT before.

asked me come another day early to leave car with them.

Sigh. .... Looks like must 出 Money liao

Paging paging @Pisces69

Hopefully its just a problem of insufficient ATF as shared by Deckbuild.

Btw, understand its 9yo. U bought from new. If yes, whats the current mileage?

Yup it is my first car. New. Now 160k plus kilo.

I guess if it's GB problem, maybe can go scrap yard search for 2nd hand GB, 1 more year don't bother to change brand new...

Never done this before.

I guess TC don't do this type must find outside chia pung.

Any idea what the cost be like?

Supersonic

There are some articles stating it will wear the actuators prematurely which are used to engage the gears.

But I have heard alot of Malaysian saying there are no issues after ten years doing it. Some drivers that I observe lagi best, every traffic light push to P....

I have come across many of such articles. In fact, when I asked my ws a year back on why I hear noticeable engagement sounds when shifting the stick (mine is straight line type) in spite of the vehicle being stationary, they advised its because the springs or wat not is aging. When the stick shifts from P to D or R to D, the ATF flows accdly to position. For an aging box, the flow is not as efficient. Hence, I could help the GB live longer by shifting/sliding at a slower speed. Eg, from R to D, do it over 1 second. When I tried this, noted that though it did not fully silent the "engagement sound", it was less pronounced.

Yep, have seen many Sonata cab .......when lights are about to turn green, I will see their reverse light turn on briefly before moving off....

Thanks for all advise.

My ride was bought new in 2005 sept. Now 160 plus kilometer.

Went to TC Bukit timah just now. Seems like other latio owners have experience the same problem.

But The folks at TC say never have this problem with latio AT before.

asked me come another day early to leave car with them.

Sigh. .... Looks like must 出 Money liao

Yup it is my first car. New. Now 160k plus kilo.

Never done this before.

I guess TC don't do this type must find outside chia pung.

Any idea what the cost be like?

Unsure on scrap yard part. But if based on Altis's 4AT. An overhaul/rebuild should be bout 2K+.

Can consider this option since ur car has 18mths approx.? Not to mention if u buy from the 2nd hand jungle, the $ to do up the car could easily exceed this.

Edited by Baal

I guess changing to N is a problem. Recently was casually speaking to Taxi unker and he said it spoils too fast as they have a habit of bringing to the neutral in Manual ones. They did same with SOnatas too

I guess if it's GB problem, maybe can go scrap yard search for 2nd hand GB, 1 more year don't bother to change brand new...

Turbocharged

looks like i better skip the engage to nuetral habit.... my current latio 4AT is 7yrs 3mths old and hitting 180K in a couple of days time.... better take more care...

Neutral Newbie

Would like to clarify that the $5k is for a brand new 4AT & not an overhaul? Ok to share at what mileage this prob occurred? TIA.

Yah, brand new. Mileage was abt 150K when it started.

I have come across many of such articles. In fact, when I asked my ws a year back on why I hear noticeable engagement sounds when shifting the stick (mine is straight line type) in spite of the vehicle being stationary, they advised its because the springs or wat not is aging. When the stick shifts from P to D or R to D, the ATF flows accdly to position. For an aging box, the flow is not as efficient. Hence, I could help the GB live longer by shifting/sliding at a slower speed. Eg, from R to D, do it over 1 second. When I tried this, noted that though it did not fully silent the "engagement sound", it was less pronounced.

Yep, have seen many Sonata cab .......when lights are about to turn green, I will see their reverse light turn on briefly before moving off....

Talking about shifting at a slower speed, maybe I should start slowing the shifting, when I do 3 point turn, I always shift very fast...

Should not put to neutral when stopping during red light, it will cause the gears to wear off quickly, either press to brake or put in park mode.

My auto car used for 9 yrs never once have gear problem. When the engine is running in neutral gear and transfer to drive, it can cause more stress in the gear box.

↡ Advertisement