Suzuki Solio and S-Cross launch

Hotnyh

Got a text message from Champion Motors today saying that they are showing 2 news cars off at the Pandan showroom this Saturday. The Solio and S-Cross.
This is from Suzuki HK
banner01.png
The Suzuki Solio is a wagon that gives great fuel economy, has a tall, roomy cabin within a compact body, and offers the user-friendliness of left- and right-hand remote control electric sliding doors.

The new Solio reflects a concept of developing a tall, compact wagon thats fun to drive, user-friendly, and outstandingly fuel-efficient. Its body is compact enough for great maneuverability on city streets but contains a roomy cabin. Convenient left- and right-hand rear sliding doors are complemented by a one-touch double-folding rear seat that permits a variety of seat arrangements. And a 1.2-litre engine delivers smooth, fuel-efficient performance. By being easy to drive, easy to use, and economical, the new Solio delivers everything expected of a compact car.
Suzuki created the new Solio to be an ideal choice for customers looking to move upscale from minicars and for those looking to downsize to a more compact model. Suzuki expects the new Solio to join the Swift as a pillar of its sales growth in the compact category.

Type K12B
No. of cylinders 4
No. of valves V V T DOHC 16
Piston Displacement (cc)
Bore x Stroke (mm)
73.0 x 74.2
Compression Ratio

9.5 : 1
Maximum Output (PS/rpm)
67 (91) / 6000
Maximum Torque (kg-m/rpm)
118 (12.0) / 4800
Fuel Consumption (km/L) 20.6

And the S-Cross
suz1580q-vehiclepage-banner-1000x357-s-c
1.6 CVT tranny
Dunno if manuals and 4WD versions coming in.

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Solio definitely looked like the Wagon R and the Wagon R+......

S Cross is the successor for the SX4

• Praise 1

I don't see Champion selling many Solios unless the COE plunges. There will be SX-4 S Cross sales though- if they price it well. It's got a big body/ small engine, lots of toys incl the large sunroof, AWD sounds like it might be available from their website. Certainly more upmarket than the old SX4.

Whoops, Just looked the SMS message. "Viewing by invitation only"

Anyone interested probably should wait till they announce to the public I guess.

suzuki aglio olio [laugh]

solio looks very toyota Bb-ish.

the S-cross looks good.. though suzuki is a dying brand in the current COE climate

Edited by Eighttales

(edited)

Yup, unless COEs moderate, Suzuki sales will continue to trickle...

One more car they will launch in the near future is the SX4 sedan replacement.
Previously seen as the Authentics concept car, the newest concept (at the China motor show) is called the Alivio and looks close to production ready.. looking a bit more plain now.. The swoopy LED BMW 5 series lights are gone.

alivio051-630x317.jpg

alivio091-630x322.jpg

Seems like it will be a Civic sized car, running a 1.6L 6 speed auto box.

http://paultan.org/2014/04/23/suzuki-concept-alivio-sx4-sedan-grows/

Edited by Hotnyh

I like the Solio.

Always liked the small Kei-Cars from Japan.

Should go down and take a look.

Not sure how sticky they will be with the "by invitation only" bit for tomorrow though. Perhaps wait till another day?

(edited)

Went down to have a look with ren_yeo.

They are moving showroom to AML building as of 1st May.

The Solio was a real surprise! It was huge. Although it looks like a kei car it's more like a Honda Mobilo. Walk through passage from the front row to the rear is possible. 4 airbags, HID(!) headlamps, 1.2L engine, CVT, made in Japan. Possibly selling around $102K if the COE drops a bit. $108k for now

The S-Cross is built in Hungary and is a Euro specced car. Shod with 17" Continental Tyres. 7 airbags, 3 variants. Base model FWD. 2 AWD models, top model has a twin sunroof. HIDs, DRLs, sat nav, rear cam, cruise control, factory bluetooth. Looks a lot larger than the old SX4. Price ranges from 128-136K at current COE. Top model OMV >20,000.

The Solio was the one that surprised me. Perhaps it will sell better than I thought as it is incredibly spacious and should be cheap to run. 19km/L supposedly.

Edited by Hotnyh

Oops can't edit my message. The lowest S-Cross might sell for the low $120s

The Solio looks like fat Kenari... It's nearly 1700mm across

• Praise 1

Oops can't edit my message. The lowest S-Cross might sell for the low $120s

The Solio looks like fat Kenari... It's nearly 1700mm across

Exact dimensions (just checked) Solio 3710 x 1620 width x 1765 (height) (ok narrower than a Vios)

S-Cross 4300 x 1765 x 1575

applaud Champion for bringing this model at such high COE environment. Not easy to push through at this time.

This type of car not easy to drive on long journey and crosswinds.