Suzuki Solio and S-Cross launch

Hotnyh

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Any recent reviews on the S-Cross?  How is it compared to others like Qashqai, XV? Those who own the S-Cross, do you recommend buying it?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Any recent reviews on the S-Cross? How is it compared to others like Qashqai, XV? Those who own the S-Cross, do you recommend buying it?

I owned a S Cross (4WD) since Dec2015. I WILL NOT recommend S Cross. The aircon compressor cut in/out is very noisy & irriating. Try to sit in the idle car for at least 5 minutes, and you will know what i meant. Told me thus happen on Swift & Vitara. Totally unacceptable. Read the reviews on sgcarmart. My friend own a XV and was happy. Worst Japanese car in term if quality i ever owned. To think the salesman told me to set the aircon at 21 degree and to turn up the radio vol. At the service ctr, the reply was it is within specification, they will compile feedback and rely to Suzuki Japan

(edited)

I owned a S Cross (4WD) since Dec2015. I WILL NOT recommend S Cross. The aircon compressor cut in/out is very noisy & irriating. Try to sit in the idle car for at least 5 minutes, and you will know what i meant. Told me thus happen on Swift & Vitara. Totally unacceptable. Read the reviews on sgcarmart. My friend own a XV and was happy. Worst Japanese car in term if quality i ever owned. To think the salesman told me to set the aircon at 21 degree and to turn up the radio vol. At the service ctr, the reply was it is within specification, they will compile feedback and rely to Suzuki Japan

Not sure if some sound insulation to block out noises from engine bay will help?

May be a worthwhile investment if you intend to keep the car for 10 years and this is a thing that bugs you constantly.

In the end, the additional cost of this insulation plus the cost of the car still may be comparable to XV price, and end result may be just as quiet or quieter.

Noise is a funny thing.  Some people will be affected more than others.  Many many years ago, I have owned 3 Suzuki's - at different times.  In those days, it was accepted to have aircon compressor noise and was ok with it - it just faded into the background and didn't really notice it after some time, just like some people who live next to MRT line get used to the MRT noise and it just becomes background noise to them.  Of course, nowadays customer expectations higher but to some people, such noise might still fade into the background.  Also,it may be cars are better now in other areas - in terms of say quieter engines - and so the aircon compressor noise stand out even more on its own.

Edited by jg2000

How come Suzuki sales doing so badly Ah?

The vitara and swifts are good buys

Probably one of the reasons is need some time for people to see how is quality of made in Hungary cars.

As pool of owners gets bigger and no one reports major problems, more people will dare to buy.

Just like early days of Thai-made Jap cars.  Initially, some will prefer to buy the real Jap made ones but nowadays most people quite ok with the Thai-made Jap cars.

Probably one of the reasons is need some time for people to see how is quality of made in Hungary cars.

As pool of owners gets bigger and no one reports major problems, more people will dare to buy.

Just like early days of Thai-made Jap cars. Initially, some will prefer to buy the real Jap made ones but nowadays most people quite ok with the Thai-made Jap cars.

I quoted vitara n swift cos both still made in Japan.

But the tech a bit old. Machiam vios

(edited)

I quoted vitara n swift cos both still made in Japan.

But the tech a bit old. Machiam vios

Old means proven and reliable.

I though Vitara is Hungary because sgcarmart.com indicates as Hungary - see

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_listing.php?MOD=suzuki&PR1=0&PR2=&DEP=&VT=Any&DT=Any

I think sgcarmart should be correct as Vitara and S-Cross both share platform and many parts - hence, makes sense to make in the same factory.

Sorry read too fast, thought post was saying Vitara and S-Cross.

My mistake, yes - Swift is made in Japan.

Edited by jg2000

Noise is a funny thing.  Some people will be affected more than others.  Many many years ago, I have owned 3 Suzuki's - at different times.  In those days, it was accepted to have aircon compressor noise and was ok with it - it just faded into the background and didn't really notice it after some time, just like some people who live next to MRT line get used to the MRT noise and it just becomes background noise to them.  Of course, nowadays customer expectations higher but to some people, such noise might still fade into the background.  Also,it may be cars are better now in other areas - in terms of say quieter engines - and so the aircon compressor noise stand out even more on its own.

You're right. It's a psychological effect. If it irritates you, you will remind yourself of the noise when you sit in the car, even before you start the engine (just like construction work noises).

Suzuki's new s-cross has no forum discussion at all....so poor thing. Not even one soul is interested in their new launch. Suzuki recently busy squeezing into the large car segment. But really their strength is in small car.... The Jimny is selling like hot cakes all over the world, yet no sound no new for sg market. 

Champion motor is a lost kid... hope they will find their way later, or we say bye bye to SUZUKI

Their Swift is selling quite well.

New Jimny should be coming this year. 

The S-Cross is rather uncomfortably priced due to the $20K VES surcharge. I find the new grill rather ugly as well but that's just me. Personally I would choose another car which is VES neutral if possible. Hopefully the Vitara facelift doesn't get hit with the same surcharge.

7 hours ago, mikk123 said:

image.png.21eed4155c6c6949d2a33d6a5e1f7e47.png

longer and wider and hybrid. If they bring Toyota roomy and Honda N-box, they should bring in this one too. 

N box is a Kei car.

It should be compared with Toyota Roomy. However, prices dictate that it shall be as expensive as a Fit, or even more.

↡ Advertisement