Suzuki Solio and S-Cross launch

Hotnyh

Adding a dry dct is pure suicide . If lite tc is used better to b mated to something like the kizashi 's cvt . In any case tc ...cat b ...

In its current state is best for cat a .

U might say that but car reviewers tend to pro dct. Personally, I prefer cvt n 6at to former as they r so much more reliable n yet respond to gear changes spontaneously. I don't need smthg that shifts in double quick time as long as I can predict the response n act accordingly.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

agree, super quick shifting is overrated.

I still like manual and I shift gear in a leisurely fashion.

U might say that but car reviewers tend to pro dct. Personally, I prefer cvt n 6at to former as they r so much more reliable n yet respond to gear changes spontaneously. I don't need smthg that shifts in double quick time as long as I can predict the response n act accordingly.

• Praise 2

Dry dct is not ideal for bnb at least in sg n wet dct is more for the affluent market .

Dry dct is not ideal for bnb at least in sg n wet dct is more for the affluent market .

No bro, cvt doesn't work that way. U need to hold the max torque rpm n let it do the job.

N feel the continual pulling away.

Yes, that's what experienced cvt drivers told me!!!

No bro, cvt doesn't work that way. U need to hold the max torque rpm n let it do the job.

N feel the continual pulling away.

if there is +/- mode, then u may try pre-programmed gears in the cvt, but still best to hit sweet spot at each gear chg. my prev ride a cpt, max torque at 2500rpm, nvr felt breathless. then again, power is addictive, once get used to it, one may wanna upgrade the performance / ride.

if there is +/- mode, then u may try pre-programmed gears in the cvt, but still best to hit sweet spot at each gear chg. my prev ride a cpt, max torque at 2500rpm, nvr felt breathless. then again, power is addictive, once get used to it, one may wanna upgrade the performance / ride.

Wow! What ride was that?

How exactly to use the preprogrammed +- shift? Not the same as normal auto +-?

Wow! What ride was that?

- I belive it pre-programs the pulley sizes fixed at various points to mimick a 6-7 AT so that u can 'feel' the change in gears.

- However, there has been talks such as the new Altis CVT and recently in the Vezel thread that it feels like an AT. Cant cfm this, but if true, this suggest that even when left in 'D' mode, the fixed pulley sizes applies.

• Praise 1

Put the brand aside, try it. I'm tempted too lol. Next try will b sylphy SSS.

Agree, few yrs back turbo variant usually just 10k diff, now 20 over k.. Anyway, test drive is free. Unlikely to commit unless under 120k then mayb can consider only.

Should I try jazz rs to estimate the feel of how honda vezel will pickup?

About light TC for Cat A, Solio would be better IMO. Think its now at 90hp/120nm. Perhaps with something like 0.35 boost, increase to 120hp/160nm & use that SSS CVT :). Sits nicely & adequately in Cat A.

Wow! What ride was that?

Colt plus turbo, cvt or 6spd tiptronic mode. Up gear = +, down = -.

About light TC for Cat A, Solio would be better IMO. Think its now at 90hp/120nm. Perhaps with something like 0.35 boost, increase to 120hp/160nm & use that SSS CVT :). Sits nicely & adequately in Cat A.

No need so precise bro, 0.5 bar stock boost for lower cc car, even Kei car like MIT i. Yup, solio very roomy. In fact, I think it should adopt electric car w lithium batt under floor board like I-miev, so to compensate cg n boost pickup due to always peak torque from motor.

Batt under floor board improves handling.

• Praise 1

No need so precise bro, 0.5 bar stock boost for lower cc car, even Kei car like MIT i. Yup, solio very roomy. In fact, I think it should adopt electric car w lithium batt under floor board like I-miev, so to compensate cg n boost pickup due to always peak torque from motor.

Batt under floor board improves handling.

Hybid I scared scared. The cost of replacment wipes out all. Also, I was thinking along the lines of Nissan Note. 1.2L ( but its an IL3) with very light boost. Spools from low low at 1.6k rpm.

• Praise 2

Hybid I scared scared. The cost of replacment wipes out all. Also, I was thinking along the lines of Nissan Note. 1.2L ( but its an IL3) with very light boost. Spools from low low at 1.6k rpm.

Full electric? Still scared?

Full electric? Still scared?

Full elctric should stay landed with a plug in the porch.. :)

Frankly, in chasing for a cleaner burn, mileage, etc, i rather small cc with lite TC or NA with TC like compression. Hybrids or electrics just feels wierd for me, at least for the time being..

Did u mention u rev the S cross to 4-5k rpm to feel the max torque? can this be acheived just by florring it in D mode or need to put to S mode and/or engage the pedal shift (if any)?.

• Praise 2

Full elctric should stay landed with a plug in the porch.. :)

Frankly, in chasing for a cleaner burn, mileage, etc, i rather small cc with lite TC or NA with TC like compression. Hybrids or electrics just feels wierd for me, at least for the time being..

Did u mention u rev the S cross to 4-5k rpm to feel the max torque? can this be acheived just by florring it in D mode or need to put to S mode and/or engage the pedal shift (if any)?.

If u ask me, no diff, floor in d mode or downshift using paddle shift. Go test drive bro.
  • Praise 2

If u ask me, no diff, floor in d mode or downshift using paddle shift. Go test drive bro.

Thanks, I will see...hehe. Later i sleep w itchy backside, wake up w smelly fingers....lol

• Praise 1

Thanks, I will see...hehe. Later i sleep w itchy backside, wake up w smelly fingers....lol

we all same one, very itchy about new cars. vezel n s-cross very close fight imho, w similar omv.

Supercharged

1 I do feel in B&B class cars, the differences in handling, power, feels etc amongst various models are not big. Therefore what motivate me to choose one over the others could well be if it pleases my eyes.

2 Eh, dont like that pressure can anot? I can take extra copy of brochures for you if you like. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

1. Yes, of course. Looks are almost most important...starting with the headlights, which will attract your eyes first, then the (side) skirts, bodyline, etc.... :D

2. No pressure no motivation to do a job well. Anyway if you do get a brochure, post it here for everyone sharing... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement