Suzuki Solio and S-Cross launch

Hotnyh

1. Yes, of course. Looks are almost most important...starting with the headlights, which will attract your eyes first, then the (side) skirts, bodyline, etc.... :D

2. No pressure no motivation to do a job well. Anyway if you do get a brochure, post it here for everyone sharing... [thumbsup]

1 I am still checking where's the valley in the car!!?? You know where it's hidding?

2 Later i try get extra brochure for pictures to post here.

↡ Advertisement

we all same one, very itchy about new cars. vezel n s-cross very close fight imho, w similar omv.

Many PIs are selling Vezel like selling curry puffs!!! No PIs sell S-Cross, dont know why? Maybe PIs think S-Cross is a cold-door car "len-men" car???

Colt plus turbo, cvt or 6spd tiptronic mode. Up gear = +, down = -.

my buddy bought his used CPT last xmas and keeps asking me to try it, i think i will call him today to accept his offer!!! CPT has power, boot space, looks modern. Its light turbo should be easier to look after compared with the turbo in the Colt Rallye, right?

Edited by Super7

Supercharged

1 I am still checking where's the valley in the car!!?? You know where it's hidding?

How about in between the 2 front seats..... :D Looks like a "valley", doesn't it ?

How about in between the 2 front seats..... :D Looks like a "valley", doesn't it ?

that's the mini great cannoy!! (the one is west america), not the same [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Many PIs are selling Vezel like selling curry puffs!!! No PIs sell S-Cross, dont know why? Maybe PIs think S-Cross is a cold-door car "len-men" car???

except for suzuki swift sports, i think generally their car door is colder lol.

my buddy bought his used CPT last xmas and keeps asking me to try it, i think i will call him today to accept his offer!!! CPT has power, boot space, looks modern. Its light turbo should be easier to look after compared with the turbo in the Colt Rallye, right?

try it bro, but don't corner too hard. light turbo svc follow 10k km; u kiasu + kiasi can svc earlier. for over 70k km, i don't have any repair issue w this ride (stock of cos). only issue is road noise intrusion, suspension set up quite ok (softer than stream rsz) since wifey no complain (she complaint about stiffer rsz suspension). best part is auto up down all windows from driver side, remote windup window, remote + electric tailgate, versatile boot. i once placed 2 prams into the boot w cefiro owner surprised of its capacity. but many may not like it due to the egg shape design.

we all same one, very itchy about new cars. vezel n s-cross very close fight imho, w similar omv.

I am looking at both vezel and s cross. Somehow I prefer s-cross look and review is generally ok. I prefer to deal with AD for my next car.

Dealing with PI carry some risk.

+ S-Cross should have spare tyre. Vezel definitely don't have.

I am looking at both vezel and s cross. Somehow I prefer s-cross look and review is generally ok. I prefer to deal with AD for my next car.

Dealing with PI carry some risk.

try it bro, but don't corner too hard. light turbo svc follow 10k km; u kiasu + kiasi can svc earlier. for over 70k km, i don't have any repair issue w this ride (stock of cos). only issue is road noise intrusion, suspension set up quite ok (softer than stream rsz) since wifey no complain (she complaint about stiffer rsz suspension). best part is auto up down all windows from driver side, remote windup window, remote + electric tailgate, versatile boot. i once placed 2 prams into the boot w cefiro owner surprised of its capacity. but many may not like it due to the egg shape design.

The egg shape is what they call one-box design, very practical. Merc A class was similar in first generation.

Copied from Link above :

Folks who place a premium on reliability, efficiency and value typically buy Japanese cars. And among Japanese cars, Toyota has the lion's share of the market, going by the number of cars on the road, followed by Honda andNissan.

The other Japanese brands have relatively small slices of the pie and the most underrated among them is Suzuki.

No fault of its own, really.

The smallish company's forte is in making small cars, and small cars are just not sexy. They seldom make you go "wow", they hardly turn heads and the biggest compliment they get is probably, "Look honey, so cute!"

But Suzuki is actually more than that. It is also a leading manufacturer of motorcycles and marine outboard motors.

And it is promising enough for Volkswagen to buy into it. The German group holds close to 20 per cent of Suzuki's shares.

In the passenger car segment, Suzuki is long known for making sport-utility vehicles (long before SUVs were in vogue), cars with small footprints but roomy interiors and cars that are easy on the wallet.

But in recent years, it has also made huge leaps in build quality, refinement and driveability.

Just take a look at the S-Cross Allgrip - a car that combines Suzuki's past and present. It is an all-wheel-drive compact crossover that is more spacious than its exterior dimensions suggest.

And it stands out as one of the best- equipped cars in its price segment, with a level of fit and finish that rivals cars above its station.

But you are unlikely to know that at a glance.

The car comes across as rather restrained, with a styling that will not stop anyone in their tracks.

Step inside, though, and you will find a cabin that ranks as one of the best in its class.

A tidy wraparound cockpit incorporates a factory-fitted infotainment system that includes navigation (a $1,000 option). A multi-function three-spoke steering wheel lets you control the hi-fi as well as the car's auto-cruise function without your hands leaving the wheel.

There are also a dual-zone climate control system, a keyless access and ignition system, a panoramic sunroof with sunscreen and a manual mode for its CVT gearbox.

Clearly, not quite the stuff you expect to see in a budget car. And they are found in a passenger compartment that is almost as spacious as the cabin of a Toyota RAV4, a vehicle that is half a size bigger.

The way they are presented deserves mention too. The car gets high marks for sturdy build quality and fine finishing in all its panels and trim, with standards that will pass muster in a top-tier manufacturer.

The refinement extends to the way the car drives. Although of modest output, the engine revs strongly, with relatively mild doses of vibration and harshness.

Most times, there is enough low-end torque for you to keep up with traffic without having to send the tachometer past 3,500rpm.

Its performance is not exactly breathtaking, but this is compensated by good ride and handling.

The S-Cross feels like a bigger car in the way it moves, with well-controlled undulations and minimal road intrusions - even when speed stripes and humps are in the way.

Around corners, it feels more like a confident hatch than a compact crossover.

It offers noticeably better roadholding and neater turn-ins than the Nissan X-Trail and an all-round manoeuvrability that rivals a VW Polo.

Because of its compactness and tallish stance, visibility is also more than decent.

Nevertheless, the car comes with a reverse camera on top of parking beepers.

As you can see, Suzuki has come a long way and the S-Cross is the latest proof of that.

All it needs now is perhaps a small turbo and a dual-clutch gearbox.

========================================

IMO, FWD would be more practical instead of AWD based on the engine's ability.
Didnt Know that VW owns near 20% of Suzook...

Edited by Baal
  • Praise 4

There are 3 models on sale by Champion. The lowest one is FWD. The mid and top spec are AWD.

Only the top spec has the twin sunroof... debatable whether this is a good to have feature. Nice to look at but could leak and rattle. Even the lowest spec model is nearly fully equipped.

Suzuki would prefer to buy back the shares VW owns but VW refuses to sell it back. Their marriage soured quite quickly... otherwise you'd probably see twincharged Swift Sports and Kizashis running about.

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 1

While he's not -ve on Suzi's CVT, doubt he's +ve about the CVT as he laments that it could have been better in dual clutch. Reading between the lines. :D

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

I think the S-cross is only good with the 1.6L Fiat sourced turbodiesel engine mated to a 6sp manual. I dun think the local AD will bring such options into our market.

Yes, the Fiat engine (which is the source of a lot of tension between VW and Suzuki) has double the torque of the petrol engine. Only comes as a manual though so don't think it can sell well here.

One thing I like about Suzuki is the ease of servicing with the dealer. There are so few new Suzukis around, it's easy to get service appointments and as the service centres are often shared with Toyota, you can really see the difference when you send your car in. You can bypass the hordes of Toyota owners and go straight to the Suzuki service guys and be served in less than 5 minutes... getting stares of envy/ hatred from the Toyota owners haha.

↡ Advertisement