AWARE again against NS benefits =X

Hydrocarbon

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/defence-ministry-considering-more-ways-recognise-nsmen-minister-ng

Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said that the Defence Ministry is considering giving more recognition to NSmen by giving them a bigger stake in the country, such as in the areas of housing, healthcare and education.

He also expects the Committee to Strengthen National Service — formed last March to recommend ways to strengthen National Service — to wrap up their recommendations by June.

Response by AWARE:

https://www.facebook.com/awaresg/posts/769391113073330?stream_ref=10

Every person deserves access to housing, education and healthcare, because these are basic requirements for human sustenance and social participation. AWARE disagrees strongly with any link between support for fundamental needs and an individual's status as an NSman, especially when the military may not be suitable for many people, regardless of their gender. AWARE has long maintained that military service should not be held up as the single gold standard of citizen belonging - an approach which this proposal threatens to intensify, creating different tiers of people with different social entitlements and worth.

Time is the one commodity that cannot be taken back. Not by the richest man, nor by the most powerful man. Almost every Singaporean man has served National Service, and that 2 to 2.5 years inside there, while a somewhat positive experience, does take away 2 to 2.5 precious years of a man's youth.

I'm not denying that NS is a necessity, born of circumstances, both of our history and of our geographical location. Not being nationalistic or anything, but NS does protect us as a nation.

However, all AWARE has done is KPKB when they perceive that more benefits are going to those who protect the nation. Haven't they learnt from history? Yeah, I agree that everyone should have access to housing, education and healthcare, but how does giving NSMen / Servicemen more benefits restrict the the access of non-NSMen / Servicemen?

I've always been of the opinion that those who contribute more should receive more than just the basic. Besides, if women married a NSMen / Servicemen, they would have, due to that marriage, the same access to housing. Education and healthcare can be paid for by the extra two years of salary saved due to not serving NS.

TL;DR: NS is a necessity. Recognizing the service with such benefits are a good thing. It's not taking away anything from others, merely giving more to those who gave the most important thing in their life.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 20

Supersonic

In USA, those who served are look upon highly as a tribute to the country.

Here, WTF is AWARE ?

It cheapen those who served and risked their lives in NS for nothing.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 16

I propose the following to the Minister:

Housing - Absolute priority for First Time HDB applications for anyone who completed NSF with no disciplinary records. Those who has completed the full 10 year ICT jump to the start of the priority queue. Additional $30-50K discount on the HDB prices for first time applicant.

Education - As above, their kids has absolute priority in each phase of the enrolment queue. (subject to good service record)

Medical Care - No means testing for NSF, NSmen and those who have completed the 10 year ICT. (again subject to good service record)

If the country asks its NSF/NSmen to lay down their lives for its survival, the least the country can do is to help them survive in their day-to-day lives, by removing their 3 key worries.

• Praise 18

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/defence-ministry-considering-more-ways-recognise-nsmen-minister-ng

Response by AWARE:

Then why NS should only be limited to men?

When the opposition was criticised as opportunists, jumping on events or activities that may seemed to be of their advantage.

Aware seems to me just like to jump on issues when they arises to show that they exist.

Like CASE, jump on increase in beer prices, though the intention is to prevent profiteering but it was on something that affect a small portion of the general public and the product is not even an essential food item.

Nonetheless, I do not advocate compulsory NS for woman.

Time is the one commodity that cannot be taken back. Not by the richest man, nor by the most powerful man. Almost every Singaporean man has served National Service, and that 2 to 2.5 years inside there, while a somewhat positive experience, does take away 2 to 2.5 precious years of a man's youth.

I'm not denying that NS is a necessity, born of circumstances, both of our history and of our geographical location. Not being nationalistic or anything, but NS does protect us as a nation.

However, all AWARE has done is KPKB when they perceive that more benefits are going to those who protect the nation. Haven't they learnt from history? Yeah, I agree that everyone should have access to housing, education and healthcare, but how does giving NSMen / Servicemen more benefits restrict the the access of non-NSMen / Servicemen?

I've always been of the opinion that those who contribute more should receive more than just the basic. Besides, if women married a NSMen / Servicemen, they would have, due to that marriage, the same access to housing. Education and healthcare can be paid for by the extra two years of salary saved due to not serving NS.

TL;DR: NS is a necessity. Recognizing the service with such benefits are a good thing. It's not taking away anything from others, merely giving more to those who gave the most important thing in their life.

• Praise 3

Oredi damn tulan doing away 2.5years of my youth to protect soooo manyyyy FT.

Yet still have to hear nonsense from this group of cheesepies.....im totally disgusted.

Really degrades a noble cause to a worthless one.

Luckily my oc do not have this sort of mentality......jesus christ!!!

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

I wonder why AWARE bring this up.

Because if the woman marry a Singaporean, then she too would be getting those privileges.

Umm..are they hinting something?

• Praise 11

Then why NS should only be limited to men?

When the opposition was criticised as opportunists, jumping on events or activities that may seemed to be of their advantage.

Aware seems to me just like to jump on issues when they arises to show that they exist.

Like CASE, jump on increase in beer prices, though the intention is to prevent profiteering but it was on something that affect a small portion of the general public and the product is not even an essential food item.

Nonetheless, I do not advocate compulsory NS for woman.

Response by AWARE:

• Praise 3

Because if the woman marry a Singaporean, then she too would be getting those privileges.

Aware only promote LGBT lah. they don't get married to local man one

• Praise 7

All those supporting AWARE are niu qiang ren, all "unmarried virgins" or divorcee so they are also one of those who don't contribute to SG population. Minister, no need to listen to their BS, just implement a fair deal.

Edited by Pmet
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

this would be a better benefit for those who serve NS:

those who serve NS can automatically ignore anything AWARE has to say.

• Praise 12

Ng Eng Hen: Blah blah more recognition for NSmen..blah blah blah (sekali they give you more vouchers niah, don't raid reserves)

AWARE: AWARE disagrees that....

The Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

• Praise 6

the way AWARE responded to this issue shows there are some Misandrist among them.

The benefits for the men automatically brings about the benefits for their spouses.

Its not the NS period of 2 years, these women forgot the number of reservist years a man needs to sacrifice for our country and some ended dead.

AWARE's mission seemed to shift towards bringing back Amazonian women rule...

Edited by Tigerwoods
  • Praise 8

Tired siak of this group of women who claims to be advocating women's right. Simi lan jiao hei? They want to have their cake and eat it too.....kao pei about army using expletives lar.....ni nao yar.....why not they volunteer to join the conscript for the whole duration then see whether the kpkb or not. As the proverb says.......An idle mind is the devil's playground! Go learn baking or something please!

the way AWARE responded to this issue shows there are some Misandrist among them.

The benefits for the men automatically brings about the benefits for their spouses.

Its not the NS period of 2 years, these women forgot the number of reservist years a man needs to sacrifice for our country and some ended dead.

AWARE's mission seemed to shift towards bringing back Amazonian women rule...

Misandrist.....simi har? I lazy to google! Amazon women har! I rather they be one.....out of sight out of mind! And can safely in the looks department say we wont miss much!
  • Praise 5

Aware only promote LGBT lah. they don't get married to local man one

welcome back...

So because there are some infected with Pinkerton Syndrome, they LL can't tap into the privileges, and KPKB.

But Ang Mo all full cash like that Anton Casey guy one why worry ?

Edited by Tigerwoods

Tired siak of this group of women who claims to be advocating women's right. Simi lan jiao hei? They want to have their cake and eat it too.....kao pei about army using expletives lar.....ni nao yar.....why not they volunteer to join the conscript for the whole duration then see whether the kpkb or not. As the proverb says.......An idle mind is the devil's playground! Go learn baking or something please!

Misandrist.....simi har? I lazy to google! Amazon women har! I rather they be one.....out of sight out of mind! And can safely in the looks department say we wont miss much!

Misandrist = Men Hater

↡ Advertisement