Newly installed headlights misting up! Normal?

Somebody

Hi everyone!

I just installed my headlights a few hours ago and it already started misting up!

The garage told me "misting up is normal, but if water gets in we'll replace it."

Is this the way it's supposed to be?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

You ask the chap who told you its norm go fark spider... After this solved, do yourself a favor by not going to this Ws anymore...

• Praise 2

Hi everyone!

I just installed my headlights a few hours ago and it already started misting up!

The garage told me "misting up is normal, but if water gets in we'll replace it."

The famous sonar ones?

• Praise 1

Bro its NOT NORMAL. R u using halogens or xenons? Nvm either ways its not normal

I suspect they installed the fitting badly so when it rains or when u wash car moisture entered.

Get the garage to fix it immediately pls

BTW which garage did it pls? I will avoid them lol

Hi everyone!

• Praise 1

Hi everyone!

If you just installed few hours ago, and never gone through car wash, rain, etc, it could because water (or water vapor) was somehow trapped inside the headlight before the installation.

If the workshop refuse to do anything for you, and you are in suck thumb situation, I suggest you loosen the rubber cover of the bulb housing, this is the rubber cover behind the headlight housing in the engine bay side. Doing so is basically to give escape path for the water vapor, leave the headlight on for may be, 30min, to heat up the headlight, and let the water vapor escape, then put back the rubber cover, hopefully can solve the problem.

If the misting comes back again, especially after rain or car wash, there's definite water leak. Do whatever you can to get the workshop to replace the headlight.

Edited by LoneCatFish
  • Praise 1

Hi everyone!

Its not normal. Get it replace soon.

• Praise 2

once this is mist in the headlight. it will be persistent to come back.

btw anyone know where can get this spare part. connect to headlight to adjust high and low light angle?post-46278-0-71771000-1398652854_thumb.jpg