Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

Twincharged

A lot of the original taste have disappeared. I don't trust online reviews anymore, as many of them either are paid reviews or written by people who have never tasted the real thing. This is especially after eating the exact same stall same stuff, recommended by some famous online reviewer, before and after ownership of the stall changed. The entire taste has changed, from original flavouring to MSG flavour, but they can still write its still as good if not better. Bloody social media era. [laugh] [laugh]

majority of the blog and reviews are written by si ginahs.. what do you expect. like you said they are also probably too young to taste the real thing and have no idea what is the good stuff.

Most hawkers take short cuts these days. either by using cheaper sauces, ingredients or short cut the prep and cooking time. what to do... $$ for survival.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

you young man ... anything also can sap ... different .

We old liao .. only like childhood taste [grin]

ok la i cant deny that i young hahaha
  • Praise 1

I try not to eat out too often as many times you cannot vouch for the ingredients hawkers use... also there is the worry of too much oil or the use of MSG. Still, I confess, I LOVE hawker food

I love char kway teow - have eaten the halal version and just love it Anyone have a good recipe? I tried doing this long ago but somehow didnt taste that great ... I am told that there is the use of lard and also pork but Ill just substitute with halal alternatives. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Praise 1

I try not to eat out too often as many times you cannot vouch for the ingredients hawkers use... also there is the worry of too much oil or the use of MSG. Still, I confess, I LOVE hawker food

I love char kway teow - have eaten the halal version and just love it Anyone have a good recipe? I tried doing this long ago but somehow didnt taste that great ... I am told that there is the use of lard and also pork but Ill just substitute with halal alternatives. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Belated. But here it is.

Also got youtube video 

https://www.theburningkitchen.com/char-kway-teow/

↡ Advertisement