Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

Behind every successful hawker, there is a price to pay.

a/make so money to pay doctor and TCM for cure

b/ Super long hours than office worker, ( 4o' clock sunrise and close at 11pm, )

c/ No REST day, no CPF, no weekends off and no break

d) Can buy property or not is subj to sheer hard work, many give up after illness, breathing in fried cook stuff, CKY pork lard, unhealthy lifestyle

e/ Many old man trying to save on landed pty maint / repairs DIY on roof structure, thy forgot they are not 30-40yo man.

My old colleagues is managing few zhi char in various food courts, he has burn mark on left and right hands, not very rich but can invest in wines and stocks & shares.

That is why most men suffer more than women.

• Praise 1

yeah ... prefer penang CKT style

1. white = no sweet black sauce

2. only kway teow = no mee one

3. plenty of tau gey + see ham + the vege (the very strong flavor one)

4. yummy prawns

5. last but not least ... spicy [thumbsup]

local CKT spoil the taste

1. black sause = sweet

2. mix with mee = spoil the kway teow taste

3. less tau gey, less ham and most importantly less vege (the flavor)

4. prawn not fresh

5. the spice no shiok

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Behind every successful hawker, there is a price to pay.

a/make so money to pay doctor and TCM for cure

b/ Super long hours than office worker, ( 4o' clock sunrise and close at 11pm, )

c/ No REST day, no CPF, no weekends off and no break

d) Can buy property or not is subj to sheer hard work, many give up after illness, breathing in fried cook stuff, CKY pork lard, unhealthy lifestyle

e/ Many old man trying to save on landed pty maint / repairs DIY on roof structure, thy forgot they are not 30-40yo man.

My old colleagues is managing few zhi char in various food courts, he has burn mark on left and right hands, not very rich but can invest in wines and stocks & shares.

That is why most men suffer more than women.

In the end, it is his children that enjoys all his riches.

• Praise 1

in its heyday hillstreet ckt is by far the best in sg.

right now. standard dropped. still good just not great.

standard dropped drastically now that the son is frying..1 plate he will fry for less than 2 minutes as he optimized the frying time to dish out more plates to the queue for the sake of speed..I stopped patronizing it altogether..now my current favorite is Hai Kee @ Telok Blangah..lots of lard crisps, fish sauce & cockles

• Praise 2

standard dropped drastically now that the son is frying..1 plate he will fry for less than 2 minutes as he optimized the frying time to dish out more plates to the queue for the sake of speed..I stopped patronizing it altogether..now my current favorite is Hai Kee @ Telok Blangah..lots of lard crisps, fish sauce & cockles

used to be at Queens town isit?

still frying plate by plate eh?

Can share the location? Which part of telok blangah?

Neutral Newbie

Can share the location? Which part of telok blangah?

Telok Blangah Crescent Market And Food Centre........... 11 Telok Blangah Crescent (S)090011

I still find singapore CKT better but good one really not many left. Penang CKT I really haven't get really good one before, so really cannot comment. Maybe because we hokkien like mee and kuay teow together, since more texture.

Anyone want to intro where to get good penang CKT in Singapore? If you tell me to find them in Penang, then forget about it.

yeah ... prefer penang CKT style

1. white = no sweet black sauce(boring)

2. only kway teow = no mee one(boring also)

3. plenty of tau gey + see ham + the vege (the very strong flavor one)(the hill street uncle in the video put all that)

4. yummy prawns(this really spoil the taste)

5. last but not least ... spicy [thumbsup](oh yes)

CKT that use prawn or stock = no skill

local CKT spoil the taste

1. black sause = sweet(balance)

2. mix with mee = spoil the kway trow taste(more texture)

3. less tau gey, less ham and most importantly less vege (the flavour)(think cost is the issue here)

4. prawn not fresh(rubbish, there should be no prawn)

5. the spice no shiok(depend on stall)

Think if you want more料, then definitely cannot be cheap. If the penang kuay teow can have so much 科and still so cheap, please list stall. All the penang kuay teow I have in Singapore all damn expensive and a few prawn cannot really justify their price.

Turbocharged

I still find singapore CKT better but good one really not many left. Penang CKT I really haven't get really good one before, so really cannot comment. Maybe because we hokkien like mee and kuay teow together, since more texture.

Anyone want to intro where to get good penang CKT in Singapore? If you tell me to find them in Penang, then forget about it.

Aljunied hawker centre. There's a stall beside one selling fish soup

• Praise 1

Telok Blangah Crescent Market And Food Centre........... 11 Telok Blangah Crescent (S)090011

Thank you. Will try when I'm back soon. BTW, any idea if the stall is open on Sat and Sun or the opening hour?

Aljunied hawker centre. There's a stall beside one selling fish soup

There is one or two pure CKT stalls there. Not bad, I wouldn't travel to eat it, but if I stay around the area, why not.

Penang CKT, Try " Malaysia Boleh " @ Jurong Point, the hawker serves all malaysia styled hawker fares at reasonable prices too. ( May be not the best yet, but i like my CKT hot and spicy )

Once you walk in, look for the longest Q somewhere in the middle next the F&B drink kiosk, literally wipe he plate dry in less than 3-4 mins.

↡ Advertisement