Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

Supercharged

I reckon HAi KEE @ Telok Blangah Cres has maintained his consistency and an acquired taste for all CKT lovers,

Perhaps the senior citizens of 50-65 yo will remember those twilight years at Margaret Drive store, he single-handledly wipe up plate by plate of sinful morsels of cockles and those skillful drop of sweet black sauce & slice chinese sausages delicately adding in not too early ( not to burn them ) & sprinkle of ' Tau Gay " optional with perfect speed of some h20 delicacy swirl makes his prize possession a winning palate. [nod]

He still dances with his Kuay Teow @ TBC, his hair turning grey & i'm drooling to get my fix again soon, real soon !

i second this. i tried a few times..... v nice...... quantity is reasonable too.

↡ Advertisement

Level 2, Hong Lim Hawker Centre @ Chinatown. Best CKT I ever tried. You wont regret it. Pls note, Sunday they are closed but other days they are opened from 630am. Usually I only go for there for weekday lunch or Sat lunch.

So far I like this & the one at Bedok South. Frankly can't say which is better as both have their own unique style. Just ho chiak!!

my opinion:

the JP malaysia boleh very long queue, tried once, expensive and small portion....normal taste, 丢了penang CKT的脸,

hong lim outram park CKT, over rated, normal taste only. si beh how lian, order "jing hum" CKT, told me must wait hor, cannot wait also no choice....

my recommendations:

tiong bahru hawker got one old uncle CKT, fried very slow and plate by plate, the same stretch as the famous shark meat lor mee.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hill St CKT is still my top choice. the son's kungfu is now as good as the master's, compared with one year ago. i can no longer tell the difference. good balance of sweet and saltiness. but the auntie's kungfu (the master's wife?) is still not there yet. too much soya sauce which makes it too salty for my taste.

oh.. i didn't know this. no wonder i never see the master at the helm these days. may he have a healthy and happy retirement. thanks for giving us all these years of CKT nirvana.

there're 2 aunties... one of them is his sister, the other i don't know...

come to think of it, i have also patronised his stall for 15 years already...

Edited by Alheych

Aljunied hawker centre. There's a stall beside one selling fish soup

Aljunied I always go for the super long waiting time fish soup... Dunno got CKT.

Turbocharged

off topic a bit

yesterday i passed by Joo Chiat and decided to buy the famous Fei Fei wanton mee (self proclaimed King of Wanton mee in Singapore)

my goodness, their dumpling soup cost $7!

Food critics out there, any nice CKT stall around West side other than Telok Blangah? :D Perhaps can do up a list to share?

Level 2, Hong Lim Hawker Centre @ Chinatown

Aljunied Hawker Centre

Hai Kee @ Telok Blangah Crescent

Nice, but I was told there is another wanton mee stall nearby also call Fei Fei.

off topic a bit

yesterday i passed by Joo Chiat and decided to buy the famous Fei Fei wanton mee (self proclaimed King of Wanton mee in Singapore)

Hypersonic

i'm surprised no one mentioned Zion Road CKT

some might think it's overrated, but i do go there once in a while to get my fix

considering the really outstanding CKT is getting lesser

my favourite one was actually at AMK 409 market (maybe tasted wonderful partly due to childhood memories)

I like the Zion road CKT. But won't especially go down just to eat CKT.

Pasir Panjang one not bad as well.

Never tried the Hill street one before actually.

I'm not a CKT snob. Most CKT is fine with me.

• Praise 1

I reckon HAi KEE @ Telok Blangah Cres has maintained his consistency and an acquired taste for all CKT lovers,

Perhaps the senior citizens of 50-65 yo will remember those twilight years at Margaret Drive store, he single-handledly wipe up plate by plate of sinful morsels of cockles and those skillful drop of sweet black sauce & slice chinese sausages delicately adding in not too early ( not to burn them ) & sprinkle of ' Tau Gay " optional with perfect speed of some h20 delicacy swirl makes his prize possession a winning palate. [nod]

He still dances with his Kuay Teow @ TBC, his hair turning grey & i'm drooling to get my fix again soon, real soon !

I've followed Hai Kee since Margaret Drive days, only closed down 3 years ago IIRC. No need to be senior citizens to remember bro [:p]

Anyway really miss margaret drive, the 2nd floor Chicken Rice, Hai Kee CKT, Popiah, fishball noodles at the corner damn cheap and nice, I rem only $2.20 got 7 fishballs!, and also 夜来香 western food.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I've followed Hai Kee since Margaret Drive days, only closed down 3 years ago IIRC. No need to be senior citizens to remember bro [:p]

Anyway really miss margaret drive, the 2nd floor Chicken Rice, Hai Kee CKT, Popiah, fishball noodles at the corner damn cheap and nice, I rem only $2.20 got 7 fishballs!, and also 夜来香 western food.

me too...

by the way the fishball noodle stall is now selling at meiling street hawker centre

anyway they closed down margaret drive hawker centre only to leave the place barren... probably waiting to sell the land to the next higher bidding private developer :angry:

me too...

by the way the fishball noodle stall is now selling at meiling street hawker centre

anyway they closed down margaret drive hawker centre only to leave the place barren... probably waiting to sell the land to the next higher bidding private developer :angry:

Thks for the heads up bro. One of the few bona fide hawkers around. Hopefully they still keeping prices low over at Meiling Street

CKT must have

1. fried with pig's oil

2. must have pork lard

3. Must have Kway Teow. It's called CKT for a reason, please don't put too much mee inside. Most stalls put mee in CKT. [thumbsdown]

Supersonic
(edited)

kway teow is flat ... made from rice

mee is round ... made from flour

mix mee into kway teow spoil it's fragrance and texture ... [thumbsdown]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

another good CKT is at Telok Blangah Cresent. used to be from Margaret Drive stall........

the sad part is he only open in the evenings........

Is this the one opposite SAFRA ?

off topic a bit

Is this the one they don't give you soup? Then if you want soup must bring your bowl to the stall and get it....

off topic a bit

I just had my first neighbourhoold coffee shop Bak Kut Tei for $9.10 (1 soup, 1 rice, 1 small veg).

Turbocharged

Anybody tried the shunfu ckt? Previously opposite at lakeview, but shifted to shunfu after the original place was demolished.

↡ Advertisement