Malay Kopitiam called Go Makan

Qpik

Supercharged

Chanced upon this kopitiam where all the stalls served Malay food. Only managed to try it today. It is located at Blk 529 AMK Ave 10. Good for those staying/working nearby. Understand this is a 24hrs kopitiam but not all stalls open 24hrs. Some will closed once their food sold out.

Price is $3 for a bowl of lontong. Have not tried others YET. After that, still can tabao Pines Garden pastries home.

I am not affiliated with this kopitiam. Just a glutton who can't resist sharing good makan place since yummy Malay food are hard to come by.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Near the S11 kopitiam....is it facing the Point blk? Used to be my playground...playing basketball with my khakis. The market used to be good until they upgraded it...then the stall owners were shuffled...those last time inside were shifted to the front and vise versa! The sarabat stall was the place to hangout as the owner are our friends (whole family)!

Chanced upon this kopitiam where all the stalls served Malay food. Only managed to try it today. It is located at Blk 529 AMK Ave 10. Good for those staying/working nearby. Understand this is a 24hrs kopitiam but not all stalls open 24hrs. Some will closed once their food sold out.

Price is $3 for a bowl of lontong. Have not tried others YET. After that, still can tabao Pines Garden pastries home.

I am not affiliated with this kopitiam. Just a glutton who can't resist sharing good makan place since yummy Malay food are hard to come by.

$3 for lontong in coffee shop is expensive leh.

Bukit Batok coffeeshop near Dunearn secondary school....lontong for $2.50.

Most of the heartland coffee shop around that price, usually food court selling $3.

Supercharged

Near the S11 kopitiam....is it facing the Point blk? Used to be my playground...playing basketball with my khakis. The market used to be good until they upgraded it...then the stall owners were shuffled...those last time inside were shifted to the front and vise versa! The sarabat stall was the place to hangout as the owner are our friends (whole family)!

no, it is sandwiched between the 2 pines garden outlet

Supercharged

$3 for lontong in coffee shop is expensive leh.

market already selling for $2.50. then those new estate, ehm...watered down version, price I've paid ranges from $2.50 to $3.50. so, to me worth it cos the soup not watered down, hv grated coconut, generous portion of vegetable, beancurd.

no, it is sandwiched between the 2 pines garden outlet

that area eversince the central ite opened have more and more makan place..... last yr a sarabat coffeshop opened opposite the Point blk....good eating place to have a cup of teh tarik while watching the traffic pass by!

Most of the heartland coffee shop around that price, usually food court selling $3.

lucky my oc can cook lontong....no need to go outside to eat! But the preparation is so lecheh....so many ingredient!

Supercharged

that area eversince the central ite opened have more and more makan place..... last yr a sarabat coffeshop opened opposite the Point blk....good eating place to have a cup of teh tarik while watching the traffic pass by!

lucky my oc can cook lontong....no need to go outside to eat! But the preparation is so lecheh....so many ingredient!

u really watch traffic or charbo?? Now ITE, poly nearby so crowded.

U heng ah... got homemade lontong...dishes like these... alot of preparation work involved isn't it a blessing to find a stall selling rather authentic Malay fare?

u really watch traffic or charbo?? Now ITE, poly nearby so crowded.

U heng ah... got homemade lontong...dishes like these... alot of preparation work involved isn't it a blessing to find a stall selling rather authentic Malay fare?

but we got to chose on ingredient mar....somemore must have side dish....sambal goreng and prawn sambal! And we get to chise what we put inside all the dishes.....heaven!

Turbocharged

Yeh... Malay Muslim stores are rare to come by nowadays. They used to have it in every coffeeshops in the 80s and 90s. Since 2000ish, they've been disappearing fast. Now 2014, very hard to find. Not to be confused with Indian Muslim stores - which are plentiful, 24hrs and so sick of it.

My favourite Malay Ayam in Kunyit seasoning. Used to order this from secondary school Malay store almost everyday. Now can hardly find it.

Ayamgoreng%20ketumbar.jpg

Turbocharged

thanks for sharing!

love going to AMK for food

they have many hawker centres and kopitiams with yummy food

↡ Advertisement