Swiss Standard Living is the BEST

Wt_know

swiss standard of living is the best [thumbsup]

swiss is going to poll on may 18 to vote for 2,500 francs per month to everyone ... no job also got money

is spore still aiming for swiss standard of living? [sly]

Swiss To Pay Basic Income 2,500 Francs Per Month To Every Adult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McQgQ_NYrGM

2s6m.jpg

jTE2BC6.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

yes ... instead of collect 2500, pay 2500 .. lagi shiok !

We only have Swiss cost of living here.

Edited by Wt_know

Hypersonic

I hope they do not pass that. It is crazy for a country to give out money. Why would anyone still want to work when there is free money. It will have serious backlash on society and the economy.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

incidentally, i watch the news and found out 2014 the world best restaurant winner is NOMA from Denmark - i think 3 or 4 times winner

Here's the World's 50 Best Restaurants 2014 List

the news also reported why Denmark is another heaven on earth where everyone should go to live

14 Reasons Everyone Needs To Move To Denmark Immediately

this one cannot work in spore leh ... we continue to raise our expectation and bar ... high and higher

enhanced-buzz-1503-1368714806-21.jpg

this one is the best ... [thumbsup]

post-7984-0-55973800-1398861589.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

denmark ... is really mind blowing ... or should i say wtf

post-7984-0-76347200-1398861901_thumb.jpg

post-7984-0-73020800-1398861906.jpg

post-7984-0-05020200-1398861911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

Seems like people dont care about 'Swiss standard of living' but rather FREE stuff, Free benefits, Easy life.

Swiss can have their level of living and benefits because their people are productive, hardworking and perhaps the govt believe strongly they wont abuse their benefit systems. To those complaining, ARE YOU ALL OF THE ABOVE? ARE YOU WORTHY?

Reality check.

(edited)

actually i'm more interested how this can be done

"have your cake and eat it" ... how the country balance the budget?

sure the burden lies on the back of the people eventually

going a big round to slap on the face ... then, why vote for it

if swiss govt can balance the budget, isn't there is something to learn?

btw, when i saw the news a reporter ask NOMA owner what is your winning formula ....

he said ... because we are laid back ... denmark is such a laid back country

we can do what we want without worrying about our children, school, etc and we do what we love

of course ... it's easier said than done when you are a winner

Edited by Wt_know

Ya...it wont work for a million years.

Chinese has a built-in greedy mind set.......very different from angmo.

This won't work in Asian countries.

• Praise 1

The welfare system in ang mo countries won't work in Asian context, if not , we won't have so many ang mo coming here to work. If it's so good, why these ang mo don't stay in their countries, and yet come here?

• Praise 1

The welfare system in ang mo countries won't work in Asian context, if not , we won't have so many ang mo coming here to work. If it's so good, why these ang mo don't stay in their countries, and yet come here?

I think there are a lot more Asians going to the "West" (by which I'm broadly including all "Ang Moh" countries like Australia) to work (and live) than vice versa. Even speaking as proportion of total population.

BTW, those posted overseas as part of an MNC should be discounted, because MNCs often like to stock their overseas workforce with those whom they trust, and they're often on an expat package that shields them from local vagaries. We should include only those (Ang Mohs and Asians alike) who actively seek out work overseas on their own, and not those posted by their companies to fulfil a role. That would be a truer indication.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

The Danes and Swiss not only think differently, more importantly they act differently. Social responsibility is not enforced on them because it is their way of life, and they do it automatically.

Visitors to their countries marvel at how clean it is, why? Most of their population not only regard littering as something that they do not think of doing, their innate response is to look for the proper recycling can, accumulate their week's worth of recyclable material, and make a trip there to dispose of the waste...responsibly.

They are laid back and allow their government to provide universities, healthcare, and social support - this allows them to live the life they desire. Such a system works because the citizens know they get a good deal and do not exploit it for personal gain at the expense of everyone else.

The cost of doing this is a high personal income tax rate of up to 40% in Switzerland...and 59% (!) in Denmark. Do you think this will fly in Asian countries? Singapore may be a developed country with the Swiss standard of living, but we are some distance away from achieving the Swiss standard of thinking.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

If you pour the Gold coins on the street like this in China or even Singapore,

you won't get people playing with it but you get people rushing to pocket as much as possible and kill if they need to, to get the coins...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

$2500 per month is it included in their income tax ?

To a middle/high income worker, it may bring them to the next income tax bracket.

To the low income worker its can give better livelihood.

Here in Sgp we are talking how not to abuse MPS Fairprice voucher handouts...Haizzzz...

When I was at Sweden 8 years back, I saw a local thug helping an old lady up a public bus before setting on his way. 10 years back at Switzerland I saw their local teens picking up trash behind a group of Asian looking tourists.

Look at us now, we fight over mart priority seat, we have riot in little India, we have the bus captains strike, we have people hit and run over car park parked accident. We even have public hit n run incidents all the time. To achieve Swiss standard of living, the society needs to be nurtured gracious as her primarily instinct and sad to say, with all influx of converted new immigrants, we have completely lost the plot and can gladly say bye bye to our Swiss standard of social graciousness.

Mr Goh Chok Tong musts be wondering how come his vision goes so awry wrong on this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5