Honda Vezel

Hsiao

By the way, once we activated the electric handbrake, is there a pilot light lighted on the switches ?

Not on the switch itself. You will see a red parking light on your display panel.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Dino,

The "A" icon remains on despite if I presses the switch to either ON or OFF

Today, I took out the "- battery terminal" and fixed back after 5 mins. The next issue follows

Now, "A" icon cannot be seen in the instrumental panel despite I presses the switch to ON or OFF now !

I sent to the workshop using OBD 2 and scanned. No code is found !

By the way, once we activated the electric handbrake, is there a pilot light lighted on the switches ?

The Orange A icon is the warning light for start / stop function. The green and orange icon will not light up when the engine is idling or driving. The green icon will only light up when start / stop is activated, meaning the engine cut off when you step hard on the brake when the car stop.

Not on the switch itself. You will see a red parking light on your display panel.

Hi Trajet,

Thanks and confirmed that you are right as I've tested my neighbour's vezel and it behaves the same...

The one who told me that " pilot light " can be lighted on hand brake switches will be slaughtered..Hahaha

The Orange A icon is the warning light for start / stop function. The green and orange icon will not light up when the engine is idling or driving. The green icon will only light up when start / stop is activated, meaning the engine cut off when you step hard on the brake when the car stop.

Hi, Can I say that even if we pressed the Start/Stop button on the gear shift panel, the Orange A icon will not shown in the instrumental panel ?

The green icon, are you referring to the "ECON" ?

Thanks

Hi Dino,

The "A" icon remains on despite if I presses the switch to either ON or OFF

Today, I took out the "- battery terminal" and fixed back after 5 mins. The next issue follows

Now, "A" icon cannot be seen in the instrumental panel despite I presses the switch to ON or OFF now !

I sent to the workshop using OBD 2 and scanned. No code is found !

One more thing, I have not tried but heard other bro mentioined that once you pull out the battery, some functions will not work. It will take a couple of days for the system to "reset" back to orignal setting. One of the function is like what you mentioned, the idling start/stop would not work. Don't worry, just leave it for a couple of days and it will come back.

Hi, Can I say that even if we pressed the Start/Stop button on the gear shift panel, the Orange A icon will not shown in the instrumental panel ?

The green icon, are you referring to the "ECON" ?

Thanks

In my case the orange 'A" icon will not light up when the start / stop button is depressed, only the small led on the button is lighted up. Can someone also confirm this?

The green "A" icon in the instrument panel will be shown when start / stop is activated.

One more thing, I have not tried but heard other bro mentioined that once you pull out the battery, some functions will not work. It will take a couple of days for the system to "reset" back to orignal setting. One of the function is like what you mentioned, the idling start/stop would not work. Don't worry, just leave it for a couple of days and it will come back.

I think the auto power window function for driver door with be override, have to reset by holding on to the switch to fully open and close the window.

Remember someone ever ask how to keep the HU on when off the engine. Can do so by putting the gear lever to neutral instead of park position before switching off the engine. A orange warning icon will appear on the instrument panel accompany with beep sound when you do this. It will goes off once the gear lever is put to park.

To restart the engine just depress the brake paddle and press the start button.

To switch turn off the HU, you have to press the start engine switch twice to turn off the HU.

• Praise 2

That would be tantamount to admitting that Thai or Indo build quality not as good as Japan... which no carmakers will ever admit.

I do agree with you and hope it happens, but I very much doubt it will. Good luck to Kah then.

Statement maybe more true if we are talking about luxury models but for goodness sake Altis, Vezel, City, these models are bread and butter models. Models targeted at mass market. Reducing profit margin MAY not be as good as admitting lower quality of Thai and Indo assembled car but to gain market share.

So how to gain market share when you are selling these models at the same premium as JDMs? Kah are you reading this?

Absolutely agreed. At the moment once the negative terminal was connected, Handbrake, Stop brake icon wasn't displayed at all .Well, all gained back memory this morning....It is all ok now...

In my case the orange 'A" icon will not light up when the start / stop button is depressed, only the small led on the button is lighted up. Can someone also confirm this?

The green "A" icon in the instrument panel will be shown when start / stop is activated.

Noted, meaning mine vezel is as normal as all of yours...Hahaha

I hated some mechanics whom don't know and yet give wrong information !!!

hello all,

any comments on what should be included in a contract with PI?

essentials

• final agreed price
  • model
  • features of model (need to include???)
  • deposit amt
  • payment milestones - e.g. 5k deposit, additional 10k deposit after loan approval with documentation proof. Remaining downpayment + 1st month installment payable 3days before car collection but after VITAS inspection approval
  • Gtd COE with no topup
  • COE rebate amt
  • OMv amt
  • no top up for CEVS, colours
  • CEVS value to be clearly stated
  • gtd delivery date by mmddyyy. if no delivery how???
  • warranty yrs / mileage
  • value of trade in car (if any)
  • loan amt and interest rate, monthly installment amt etc
  • inculsive of GSt, IU, registration plate, rebate of remaining rd tax(of trade in if any), 6mths rd tax
  • self 1st year insurance or PI's authorised insurance agent
  • engine / chassis no (already available?)

Accessories to be included

• HU model
  • steering audio
  • cameras /sensors
  • solar flim
  • floor mat
  • GPS / any other gadgets / rims change etc
  • Praise 1

Add me in :)

LYC, White, X model (Swift Garage), Booked 26 Apr, Dly est 1st wk of Jul

Collected my car from Leco Auto.

Please update......thanks [laugh]

• Praise 1

Well given the vast difference in equipment list, you will need to install the side and curtains airbags and knew airbags too.

And all the interior LED lights, auto engine stop... the $$ and time you spend, plus the already higher price you've paid for the HRV....well I don't know what to say LOL

Anyway I don't think its legal to just install the airbags like that...

Without the side air bags, the car will be a 2 star Jncap.... As of now it is only 4 star with side curtain.

No 6 bags no buy... It is 2015 and still these bloody AD brings in under spec safety car. Even the out going A4 I saw have only 2 bags in front..... What a rip off.

Stupid COE and progressive tax making everyone worse off.

• Praise 1

Collected my car from Leco Auto.

Please update......thanks [laugh]

Kindly update my status.

Collected my car on 16 May 2015 (FINALLY!!)

Zippu, from Exodus Global, Hybrid-Z, Green.

Thank you.

• Praise 2

Without the side air bags, the car will be a 2 star Jncap.... As of now it is only 4 star with side curtain.

No 6 bags no buy... It is 2015 and still these bloody AD brings in under spec safety car. Even the out going A4 I saw have only 2 bags in front..... What a rip off.

Stupid COE and progressive tax making everyone worse off.

The salesman at KM told me that "the airbags were hardly used, so no need so many". Also, "LED lights expensive to maintain/ replace. So halogen bulbs better."

The salesman at KM told me that "the airbags were hardly used, so no need so many". Also, "LED lights expensive to maintain/ replace. So halogen bulbs better."

Tell the KM salesman next time he take a plane to anyway, no need lift vest as seldom used and got $100 discount from his airfare. Shake head. He think we stupid or what?

• Praise 2

Is that why Bolehland and Sawadee Land HRVs got full 6 airbags and LED headlights as standard? Cos they used the airbags on a daily basis? LOL

Its so frustrating and sad that Salesmen are still using such 1990s excuses in a vain attempt to smoke a well informed customers.

Tell him, LED almost never burn out, and they don't produce any heat, so there's no need to worry about hazed out headlight covers a few years down the road. Even HID headlamps can haze out the lamp covers due to high heat.

What's there to maintain when LED are designed with virtually no maintenance in mind?

Aiya, just buy from PI and case close la. For the super dark rear windows, you can buy original window glass from Honda stockists who sells Thailand made glass panels and replace the glass. You still get full Honda original parts all the way

↡ Advertisement