Honda Vezel

Hsiao

I asked almost every Vezel dealet with a good package about trade in price of my current car. Best offer was from Auto Selection which offered 4k more than any other dealers. 1 to 1 exchange with new car upon delivery.

This offer was only 1k less than the eventual deal which I settled for selling my car on sgcarmart to another 2nd hand dealer which alrdy had a buyer in hand. Juz fyi for those looking to trade in their cars.

Ya. And if you tell the 2nd hand dealer that u can only hand-over by Nov/Dec (Assuming that's the estimated delivery of your new vezel), most likely they will either downsize the offer or they will give it a pass.

Also in such situation, difficult to direct sell as most buyer would not want to wait till nov/dec then get your car. Of coz you can try selling when dates are nearer, but depreciation does not stop & wait for you.

↡ Advertisement

A question that I have if any experts can answer, if I opt for guaranteed COE, no topups in the SA.

What will happen in case the dealer fails to bid for my COE within the stipulated delivery date of my car and ends up in a non-delivery?

Is the dealer liable for any compensation due to me since it is clearly stated it is "guaranteed"?

Anyone can help with this question? Thanks in advance. :)

Anyone can help with this question? Thanks in advance. :)

I'm a newbie here too (Getting new car for my 1st time)

So correct me if i'm wrong.

Your PI will bear the top up since yours is a "without topup" package.

They either use Open Cat, or higher bids for Cat A in next bidding, And make sure you can get the COE before car delivery.

Some PI bids for COE in their own company name, not sure whether those are use for such situation when they can't secure COE for those 1 gtd bid without topup.

So in summary can I say that when going to visit a pi show room should ask the following

1. Price

2. Coe rebate amount

3. Guaranteed Coe with or without top up?

4. How many bids? And in how many months?

5. Expected delivery date or ready stock Sale?

6. List of accessories or freebies?

7. Warranty?

8. Refund of deposit takes how long if dun wan top up or non guaranteed.

Doing a checklist and dun wan to miss anything out...

These are very good points. Just to add that it is also important to understand if the PI is a direct importer. I have not experience it myself (touch wood) but a couple of PI told me that during recall, if your car is affected, the direct importers are required by LTA to fix it, even if after warranty period. If the PI is a direct importer, they will be able to show you the Bill of Landing of the vehicles.

To me white Vezel look elegant and bigger in size. As to maintain the cleanness of a white car is totally impossible to me [thumbsdown]

So I chosen blue. [sleeping]

Actually white is not so hard to maintan le. I still think that Black colour is worst.. imagine the after rain white spot on black surface.

Btw that purple blue also nice on vezel. But i still prefer white la. Individual preference.

So in summary can I say that when going to visit a pi show room should ask the following

1. Price

2. Coe rebate amount

3. Guaranteed Coe with or without top up?

4. How many bids? And in how many months?

5. Expected delivery date or ready stock Sale?

6. List of accessories or freebies?

7. Warranty?

8. Refund of deposit takes how long if dun wan top up or non guaranteed.

Doing a checklist and dun wan to miss anything out...

Repost my advise: Believe what is written only (Black & White).

Don't care what the sales fellow tell you.....believe what they write on the sales agreement.

Be specific....list down what you want in the agreement.

1) Delivery date. If not.....then how? Courtesy car to drive till delivery or discount $x every week delay?

2) All accessories promised (Yes. List all down. models number if possible)

3) "Guaranteed COE without top up" exact words

4) Rebate at what $ level.

5) Number of bids..... (not so important if you already corner the PI with delivery date & guaranteed COE w/o top up)

I considered myself lucky. Had a no-frills experience with my PI.

PI delivered my ride as promised.....even bid higher COE for me (paper gain) [:p]

Edited by daddygalaxy

Repost my advise: Believe what is written only (Black & White).

Don't care what the sales fellow tell you.....believe what they write on the sales agreement.

Be specific....list down what you want in the agreement.

1) Delivery date. If not.....then how? Courtesy car to drive till delivery or discount $x every week delay?

2) All accessories promised (Yes. List all down. models number if possible)

3) "Guaranteed COE without top up" exact words

4) Rebate at what $ level.

5) Number of bids..... (not so important if you already corner the PI with delivery date & guaranteed COE w/o top up)

I considered myself lucky. Had a no-frills experience with my PI.

PI delivered my ride as promised.....even bid higher COE for me (paper gain) [:p]

ur so damn lucky...

A question that I have if any experts can answer, if I opt for guaranteed COE, no topups in the SA.

What will happen in case the dealer fails to bid for my COE within the stipulated delivery date of my car and ends up in a non-delivery?

Is the dealer liable for any compensation due to me since it is clearly stated it is "guaranteed"?

What is the delivery date that your PI promised?

What is the delivery date that your PI promised?

Deed has been done. Signed with Auto Selection. Delivery in Dec/Jan. Temporary car will be given in case any delay. Overall satisfied with my experience.

Salesperson was transparent and clear. Before anything, i told them honesty is most important. I have done my homework, so best to be transparent so dat I won't lose trust in them.

No extra freebies besides those alrdy in their list packaged with the car.

ur so damn lucky...

U guys make it sound as though 90% of all dealers are out to rip us apart. :(

• Praise 1

Deed has been done. Signed with Auto Selection. Delivery in Dec/Jan. Temporary car will be given in case any delay. Overall satisfied with my experience.

Salesperson was transparent and clear. Before anything, i told them honesty is most important. I have done my homework, so best to be transparent so dat I won't lose trust in them.

Bro menace66 congrats.. n welcome to Vezel club [thumbsup]

Bro menace66 congrats.. n welcome to Vezel club [thumbsup]

Thanks buddy. Cannot wait liao. Only been a few hrs alrdy impatient. Dunnoe how to last 4mths waiting. Haha.

What colour and model u ordered?

PI will register your car using Open Cat COE.

Don't worry for them, most of them have a few Open Cat COE on hand....if not, they will buy one from open market for you.

PI will register your car using Open Cat COE.

Don't worry for them, most of them have a few Open Cat COE on hand....if not, they will buy one from open market for you.

Thanks for the reply bro. Yeah I shouldn't worry. Got the guaranteed no topup package so I can sleep well at night. Let the dealers worry abt the COE instead. :)