Honda Vezel

Hsiao

no worries, understand bro.

initially i thot this 1.5L hybrid is the same as the toyota designs or the old civic hybrid, low powered simple work horses.

i was wrong.

Was glad to have found out from a technical guru who owns one that this Vezel Sports Hybrid is by no means a low powered car for 1.5L. And now i own one hehe.

With 150bhp, no official torque numbers published, but with my previous ownership of 2.0L Legacy gt wagon (240bhp/275NM) and JDM Accord CU2 (202bhp/240NM)

i put this Vezel Hybrid 1.5L LEB Engine, with electric motor mated with 7speed DCT Tranny at between 230-250NM max combined torque, easily trashing many 2.0L, and even 2.4L cars.

So unless buying Cat B means you go for 240bhp and over 250NM of performance at mid RPM range, then totally no comparison.

For max torque at low rpm you need european cars. And those that fit or beat those performance numbers, easily $200k and above even with $60+k Cat B COE.

Need the new accord hybrid performance to match also hehe, that is an engineering marvel too.

btw S model now body market price is approx 55-57k

while Hybrid X model market price is approx 57-59k

i've known quite a few who have made the jump for a few more K when Cat A & Cat B COE difference was squashed, which it is still now.

sorry for the ranting, not wanting to persuade or argue, just wanted to share facts that many may not know as i was one of them who made assumptions in the beginning as well. Now a proud owner of a Genuine Vezel

Thanks for the share bro... Haha after driving my EK3 for last 4 years.. time to chilll on the power...Maybe my next car can consider after the S? haha

Maybe the rumoured 2016 Vezel turbo... lol

Yesturday I was at a PI getting my X. The boss ask me wanna get S instead or not. He has many ready stock but all customers only want X. He told me up front he willing to offer me 1k discount. But I told him I dun need S la. I was puzzled why he cannot sell cause I saw online the demand for S is there especially for ready stock. When I check car mart then i realise they never put up S model in their advert...only X model...maybe thats why all customer go to them are those looking for X model only...

Can share which PI?

• Praise 1

ya lor. sibei sian :(

i paying full for my car. Didn't kana the $3k penalty with my PI.

That time in the market, other PI are selling around 117k to 120k.

Bro, mind sharing which PI you went to through PM ?

And also did you have to bargain your way out? Or they are upfront that there is no penalty?

Thanks in advance!

in my HDB carpark, at least 3 new Altis and 3 Mz3, but there is no Vezel

how big is your office, got so many vezel?

i'm dilemma btw Vezel and HRV, please advise

PI vs AD: HRV

Price: Vezel

DOHC vs Earth dream: HRV

Test drive: HRV

MIJ vs MIT: Vezel

Vezel also Earthdream leh, I think you referring to DOHC vs SOHC.

Apart from price, most ppl who bought vezel over HRV is due to this. (as well as LED vs Halogen headlight, lol)

Would like to update for my case.

Booked on 30th May and collected 6th Aug. Net car price is 56K, think the PI really laughs all the way to the bank. Paid additional 780 (and GST!!!) for Cool&Lite Titan solar film, 580 (and GST!!!) for upgrading to Pioneer 8750.

With the premium paid, one should expect better service. But when collection, Iroad V7 was missing and solar film looks quite dirty (seems like a rush job). Will have to drive to the workshop for iroad installation this week.

Conclusion: All PI (including mine who is of the most reputable ones) will try all the ways to maximize their profit. But at least I got to collect my car instead of waiting endlessly

FC: (Pumped 98, Front tyre 210, Back tyre 200; ECON mode/CBTA/Auto star Stop all OFF)

it reaches 20km/l at highway with smooth traffic; 15.5km/l with 70% highway in the morning. Quite satisfactory.

Keyless entry and Auto brake hold function are useful. Connecting my Samsung phone to HU using Android auto with normal USB 3.0 cable is quite convenient.

Noise level better than my previous jazz, mostly is the engine noise from bottom. Still acceptable. Pickup is a bit slow and considering to off VSA.

Overall, Vezel is a nice car to have. Just be careful when choosing PI to deal with.

By the way, I ordered roof rack and side step from Taobao. Any bro can recommend good workshop for installation? Thanks in advance!

attachicon.gifVezel.jpg

hi bro, can I check which side step did u order from taobao?

thks in advance!

Your price is not that bad considering your coe is 66k bro. So no fret. Hope you get it asap.

Yeah. Agree. But COE give zheng hu leh. Higher COE means higher yearly depre also. Haha.

Bro, mind sharing which PI you went to through PM ?

And also did you have to bargain your way out? Or they are upfront that there is no penalty?

Thanks in advance!

Walk in and they offered straight away. Found quite reasonable, so went ahead and signed with them. Will PM u more.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the share bro... Haha after driving my EK3 for last 4 years.. time to chilll on the power...Maybe my next car can consider after the S? haha

Maybe the rumoured 2016 Vezel turbo... lol

Can share which PI?

Can share your PI?

Yeah. Agree. But COE give zheng hu leh. Higher COE means higher yearly depre also. Haha.

Walk in and they offered straight away. Found quite reasonable, so went ahead and signed with them. Will PM u more.

True also bro. But i heard of people who paid around your price and got the coe of 57k.

Hi Bros, If I buy some accessories from Taobao, where can I find a shop to install for me? Any recommend shop?

I found one from Sgmart: GMA at woodlands

Bro trajet2b recommended SGgarage at yishun

contacted them and both workshop confirm providing installation service. But my items have not arrived sg yet.

Any other bro can share some experience for installation? Thanks!

• Praise 1

ya lor. sibei sian :(

i paying full for my car. Didn't kana the $3k penalty with my PI.

That time in the market, other PI are selling around 117k to 120k.

Hi bro, can u pm me which PI . I ask few PI all need penalty $3k if full payment. Thanks a lot.

• Praise 1

Apart from price, most ppl who bought vezel over HRV is due to this. (as well as LED vs Halogen headlight, lol)

Vezel is DOHC Earthdreams engine (129bhp) AND Earthdreams CVT transmission - amazingly frugal

HRV is SOHC engine (kachang puteh bhp) AND Earthdreams CVT transmission - not so frugal

Vezel Hybrid is DOHC 1.5LEB Earthdreams Atkinson Cycle Engine AND 7-speed DCT transmission- fantabulously frugal & powerful (150bhp)

I found one from Sgmart: GMA at woodlands

Bro trajet2b recommended SGgarage at yishun

contacted them and both workshop confirm providing installation service. But my items have not arrived sg yet.

Any other bro can share some experience for installation? Thanks!

trajet2b bro is giving goog recco!!

I myself installed there too..

join the vezel/hrv facebook group which has 3000members, and contact sg garage personally. He gives discounts to fb members

• Praise 2

and most probably most important of all, its made in Japan.

It kind of giving you some quality assurance.

Hi Bros, If I buy some accessories from Taobao, where can I find a shop to install for me? Any recommend shop?

Most of the stuff can install diy bro. Except for some electrical stuff which any audio shop can do for you.

True also bro. But i heard of people who paid around your price and got the coe of 57k.

Really meh? Dealers didn't bid for them until last min?

Hi bro, can u pm me which PI . I ask few PI all need penalty $3k if full payment. Thanks a lot.

Pmed.

↡ Advertisement