Honda Vezel

Hsiao

congrats bro!

since buy alredy no worries.

not that 90% of PIs are out to rip customers apart. But they know they the laymen dun noe abt car buying tricks. So they dangle the carrot that makes you feel the best deal. Once signed they control the show. and you if you wanna cancel, they have 1001 ways to scare you.

if you focus only on the price , buyers r doomed

example, i dangle a carrot offer of

A) $100k for X model, Gtd coe @ 50k, coe rebate $50k.

would you like this offer?

or would you prefer

B) 105k, 6bids gtd coe no top up, no rebate

or C) rebate at 50.8k

or D) $120k for X model, 2bids Gtd COE @ 70k, Coe rebate at 70k.

which offer is clearly the best?

Hi Buddy,

The packages you quoted, it seems that A, B, C are what is realistically offered by some PIs out there. You mean Package D which is blatantly the best deal is also available currently? Please enlighten us where we can get this deal if you are sincere about helping would be buyers.

Edited by menace66
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

these are 2 different shades leh.

Darker Tone (seen on road)

post-161925-0-11122700-1439103352_thumb.jpg

Morpho Blue (offered by PI)

post-161925-0-91269100-1439103679_thumb.jpg

Can someone help to enlighten me?

Thanks for sharing :)

Theres only one blue version in sg lah.

There is a different effect depending on the light conditions.

U shld see it under the showroom spotlights.

By the way, the vezel accessories on taobao are damn cheap!

Anyone here has experience with buying n installing them on ur vezel?

How did it work out?

Anybody got good dealers for S model?

Anyway do dealers still practice the WHITE color must pay extra 1k??

I was thinking of Hup long... but i dun think they carry S model as per son SGcarmart right??

I should start looking soon..

My EK3 ending Jan

Anybody got good dealers for S model?

Anyway do dealers still practice the WHITE color must pay extra 1k??

I was thinking of Hup long... but i dun think they carry S model as per son SGcarmart right??

I should start looking soon..

My EK3 ending Jan

Yes, Hup Long only has X model unfortunately. I'm also exploring S model but waiting to see if COE will slide further.

Yes, Hup Long only has X model unfortunately. I'm also exploring S model but waiting to see if COE will slide further.

Doubt abt the COE sliding further.. once the COE drop. more will go buy cars.. resulting in COE rise again...

Anybody else can reccomend me good PIs for S model...

thanks

attachicon.gifvezel_dark blue_updated.jpg

attachicon.gifmorpho blue_vezel.jpg

bro, it's the same blue... i believe they call it morpho blue becos the colour tone/hue morphs under different lighting angles and spectrum. it's a lovely colour!!

Hi Buddy,

The packages you quoted, it seems that A, B, C are what is realistically offered by some PIs out there. You mean Package D which is blatantly the best deal is also available currently? Please enlighten us where we can get this deal if you are sincere about helping would be buyers.

bro, your red colour very fierce. I hope it means excitement and not anger.

i know of a couple of PI who are willing to tailor make your deal accordingly.

but what i would like to say is, for example X MODEL, given the COE levels now,

1) $116000, COE Gtd bid @ 65k, Rebate @ 65k

and

2) $121,000, COE Gtd bid @ 70k, Rebate @ 70k

both will end up paying the same price for the car body of 51k

Yes, these deals exist.

option 1), coe will be bidded at 65k, assuming next COE closes at 58k, you will be rebated 7k. Loan applies at 50% of 116k

option 2), coe will be bidded at 70k, assuming next COE closes at 58k, you will be rebated 12k, Loan applies at 50% of 121k

The difference between the 2 is, you can enjoy higher loan for option 2, and hence lower downpayment, however interest payable will be higher.

i believe the loan should be able to be approved given that the price is not too alarmingly different.

Edited by Rationalexuberance

bro, your red colour very fierce. I hope it means excitement and not anger.

i know of a couple of PI who are willing to tailor make your deal accordingly.

but what i would like to say is, for example X MODEL, given the COE levels now,

1) $116000, COE Gtd bid @ 65k, Rebate @ 65k

and

2) $121,000, COE Gtd bid @ 70k, Rebate @ 70k

both will end up paying the same price for the car body of 51k

Yes, these deals exist.

option 1), coe will be bidded at 65k, assuming next COE closes at 58k, you will be rebated 7k. Loan applies at 50% of 116k

option 2), coe will be bidded at 70k, assuming next COE closes at 58k, you will be rebated 12k, Loan applies at 50% of 121k

The difference between the 2 is, you can enjoy higher loan for option 2, and hence lower downpayment, however interest payable will be higher.

i believe the loan should be able to be approved given that the price is not too alarmingly different.

Am i missing something here? 51k body + 58k COE = 109K. How is dat cheaper than 105k guaranteed COE no topups assuming COE is at 58k as u mentioned? This is extremely confusing bekoz obviously 105k is a smaller number than 109k.

Edited by menace66

Am i missing something here? 51k body + 58k COE = 109K. How is dat cheaper than 105k guaranteed COE no topups assuming COE is at 58k as u mentioned? This is extremely confusing bekoz obviously 105k is a smaller number than 109k.

When we enter Gtd COE no top up deals, we are afraid that if COE goes higher, you pay more. We want PI to absorb. That is if the PI is willing to. If you're talking abt a few k, perhaps they will absorb n deliver.

6bids Gtd Coe no top up is a long time for PI to wait till the best profit margin fro him to strike.

What myself and some community members have seen is, a large number of people bought 1-2bids after COE drop till 57k previously in Feb

price was between $112-114k (corresponding COE was 61-63k)

-expected car body price was 51k

To date, over 6bids alredy and PI never bid for them. Whereas for some, PI held back the bidding where COE rose till 67k and then drop till 55k where they finally secured for buyer. Contractually, that was a breach of 6bids terms. But PI roti prata their statements coming up with reasons where you can't find in the T&C.

end of the day, if they follow through the deal, they r paying 55k for COE and 57-59k for body. This means dealer gains an extra profit of 6-8k

IMO, i rather pay for my COE which i choose when to bid, for that is a paper value for myself to depreciate. I do not want PI to gamble on COE at my own expense.

This does not mean Gtd COE no top up deals are bad.

It boils down to whether the PI wants to bid for you or not.

I agree that a few customers have enjoyed higher than expected COE value where PI bidded high and deliver.

But believe it or not, 80pct of dealers, including some big names or "Premium Dealer" name being bought from sgcarmart, will always maximise profits.

I am just sharing what i have seen, what i am facing now ( in contact with approx 16pax and growing) where they facing the same problem. Since no. of bids have been breached, they can cancel the contract without penalties.

In addition, there should not be admin fees charged when buying new car.

Some people have been lied to and misled to signing the agreement with 800-3000 admin fees. This made the overall car price even higher.

I would rather lock in body price between 50 (4-5mths delivery) to 53k (1-2mths delivery) and instruct PI to bid according to my liking.

This is my genuine opinion bros, if you still wanna choose gtd no top up deals, i suggest choose those where rebates are only 3-4k below last COE closing and dun pay admin fees, so that you're fluctuation is limited. You however may run into dealer not delivering. So add a clause that if dealer chooses to cancel the deal or cannot deliver by estimated delivery date, to refund deposit and compensate to the amount of deposit as loss of opportunity cost to buyer. Fair & Square.

When we enter Gtd COE no top up deals, we are afraid that if COE goes higher, you pay more. We want PI to absorb. That is if the PI is willing to. If you're talking abt a few k, perhaps they will absorb n deliver.

6bids Gtd Coe no top up is a long time for PI to wait till the best profit margin fro him to strike.

What myself and some community members have seen is, a large number of people bought 1-2bids after COE drop till 57k previously in Feb

price was between $112-114k (corresponding COE was 61-63k)

-expected car body price was 51k

To date, over 6bids alredy and PI never bid for them. Whereas for some, PI held back the bidding where COE rose till 67k and then drop till 55k where they finally secured for buyer. Contractually, that was a breach of 6bids terms. But PI roti prata their statements coming up with reasons where you can't find in the T&C.

end of the day, if they follow through the deal, they r paying 55k for COE and 57-59k for body. This means dealer gains an extra profit of 6-8k

IMO, i rather pay for my COE which i choose when to bid, for that is a paper value for myself to depreciate. I do not want PI to gamble on COE at my own expense.

This does not mean Gtd COE no top up deals are bad.

It boils down to whether the PI wants to bid for you or not.

I agree that a few customers have enjoyed higher than expected COE value where PI bidded high and deliver.

But believe it or not, 80pct of dealers, including some big names or "Premium Dealer" name being bought from sgcarmart, will always maximise profits.

I am just sharing what i have seen, what i am facing now ( in contact with approx 16pax and growing) where they facing the same problem. Since no. of bids have been breached, they can cancel the contract without penalties.

In addition, there should not be admin fees charged when buying new car.

Some people have been lied to and misled to signing the agreement with 800-3000 admin fees. This made the overall car price even higher.

I would rather lock in body price between 50 (4-5mths delivery) to 53k (1-2mths delivery) and instruct PI to bid according to my liking.

This is my genuine opinion bros, if you still wanna choose gtd no top up deals, i suggest choose those where rebates are only 3-4k below last COE closing and dun pay admin fees, so that you're fluctuation is limited. You however may run into dealer not delivering. So add a clause that if dealer chooses to cancel the deal or cannot deliver by estimated delivery date, to refund deposit and compensate to the amount of deposit as loss of opportunity cost to buyer. Fair & Square.

Thanks for clarifying. This exactly reflects my sentiments when I said that the difference in choosing packages should also account for the risk appetite of the buyer. This differs from person to person. I personally, would rather buy a car at a confirmed price for which I have already planned my finances for. So I give up the gambling portion to the dealers buy taking Guaranteed COE, No Topups. Rebate at $48k.

If, for some scenario, the dealer decides to do as you mentioned, which is to not deliver if COE rockets up, then they are cheating you as it blatantly states "GUARANTEED COE, NO TOPUPS" in the sales agreement. They will then be liable for compensation as it is stated in black and white and can be sued and at the same time risk their reputation as social media and forums in this age gives us consumers an advantage to share these discrepancies openly to the general public. How are we as consumers to know if a dealer outright wants to cheat you? That's where choosing a dealer with a good track record comes to play.

Hence, this brings me to why I decided to sign with Auto Selection. A thorough search online for Auto Selection brought about zero complaints and good reviews. Hope I did not miss anything out. Whereas the "good deal" that you mentioned, with low guaranteed COE no topups price and high rebates only $3k lower than current COE is offered by JDM and Car House where I have found complaints online for both dealers, hence I opted for Auto Selection.

So if for some reason, I have missed out some bad reviews or complaints on Auto Selection, do come forward and share with us would be buyers, or PM me if you do not want to share in public to help us out if you sincerely think I have made a bad move. Cheers and thanks in advance bro...

Edited by menace66

Thanks for clarifying. This exactly reflects my sentiments when I said that the difference in choosing packages should also account for the risk appetite of the buyer. This differs from person to person. I personally, would rather buy a car at a confirmed price for which I have already planned my finances for. So I give up the gambling portion to the dealers buy taking Guaranteed COE, No Topups. Rebate at $48k.

If, for some scenario, the dealer decides to do as you mentioned, which is to not deliver if COE rockets up, then they are cheating you as it blatantly states "GUARANTEED COE, NO TOPUPS" in the sales agreement. They will then be liable for compensation as it is stated in black and white and can be sued and at the same time risk their reputation as social media and forums in this age gives us consumers an advantage to share these discrepancies openly to the general public. How are we as consumers to know if a dealer outright wants to cheat you? That's where choosing a dealer with a good track record comes to play.

Hence, this brings me to why I decided to sign with Auto Selection. A thorough search online for Auto Selection brought about zero complaints and good reviews. Hope I did not miss anything out. Whereas the "good deal" that you mentioned, with low guaranteed COE no topups price and high rebates only $3k lower than current COE is offered by JDM and Car House where I have found complaints online for both dealers, hence I opted for Auto Selection.

So if for some reason, I have missed out some bad reviews or complaints on Auto Selection, do come forward and share with us would be buyers, or PM me if you do not want to share in public to help us out if you sincerely think I have made a bad move. Cheers and thanks in advance bro...

Agree bro. But why not push rebate to 53k? and/or fix at 1-2bids Gtd if rebate is low. Do read the clauses behind. Most don't write, but some do write that bidding will only start if a chassis no. has been assigned to buyer. Which...in any case, is dictated and controlled by dealers themselves, so is the same thing. So eventually, Suing them is v v difficult, protected by clause.

From my limited knowledge that i have been trying to find out more, Autoselection is not a PI. just a dealer. Likely they buy car body from PIs.

With restricted supply in the market now...a wild guess on PI to dealer price is 47-51k for body. That leave the dealer only space to rig COE bidding and earn from COE & loan comm.

For now all seems fine bro, not a bad move. At least between the 2 you chose Auto haha. For the other, i would have PM you a laundry list of things that happened and is happening now.

Should also be looking at

-5yr (100000km Warranty)

-Big & credible workshop that really sells the warranty (easy choice is optima werkz or Hitachi)

others r fine as long as is a real warranty by workshop. Not PI.

-front/rear recording camera (IRoad V7 or above)

-FULL leather seats, including door panels (usuals are half leather)

-Minimum Pioneer 5750 7inch HU

-reverse camera (usually standard)

-reverse sensor (standard), can add front sensor as well

-Solar film (branded)

-hard cover tonneau

-steering audio control (standard)

Agree bro. But why not push rebate to 53k? and/or fix at 1-2bids Gtd if rebate is low. Do read the clauses behind. Most don't write, but some do write that bidding will only start if a chassis no. has been assigned to buyer. Which...in any case, is dictated and controlled by dealers themselves, so is the same thing. So eventually, Suing them is v v difficult, protected by clause.

From my limited knowledge that i have been trying to find out more, Autoselection is not a PI. just a dealer. Likely they buy car body from PIs.

With restricted supply in the market now...a wild guess on PI to dealer price is 47-51k for body. That leave the dealer only space to rig COE bidding and earn from COE & loan comm.

For now all seems fine bro, not a bad move. At least between the 2 you chose Auto haha. For the other, i would have PM you a laundry list of things that happened and is happening now.

Should also be looking at

-5yr (100000km Warranty)

-Big & credible workshop that really sells the warranty (easy choice is optima werkz or Hitachi)

others r fine as long as is a real warranty by workshop. Not PI.

-front/rear recording camera (IRoad V7 or above)

-FULL leather seats, including door panels (usuals are half leather)

-Minimum Pioneer 5750 7inch HU

-reverse camera (usually standard)

-reverse sensor (standard), can add front sensor as well

-Solar film (branded)

-hard cover tonneau

-steering audio control (standard)

Cannot get the perfect deal. My package is as below. So this explains why the price is cheaper than others. You win some and lose some. At least we know where the discounts are coming from. Rather than getting everything at a low price, den somethings gotta give. With the stuff u mentioned above, I can understand why other dealers are charging more. Anyways Auto Selection is claimed to be a direct importer. Fyi.

- Pioneer 3750.

- Half leather. Topup $500 for full leather.

- 3yrs warranty

- only reverse cam and sensor

- Iroad front only

Cannot get the perfect deal. My package is as below. So this explains why the price is cheaper than others. You win some and lose some. At least we know where the discounts are coming from. Rather than getting everything at a low price, den somethings gotta give. With the stuff u mentioned above, I can understand why other dealers are charging more. Anyways Auto Selection is claimed to be a direct importer. Fyi.

- Pioneer 3750.

- 3yrs warranty

- Iroad front only

Nice..yah many claim to be importers but since Nov last year when i ask them to show BL and to give chassis number once their shipment leaves japan. All cannot provide details. We will never know.

Anyone knows if GREEN shipment is in?

maxresdefault.jpg

- Pioneer 3750.
- 3yrs warranty
- Iroad front only

Your package should be about $5k cheaper than those who have gotten the full set.

With so much headache and uncertainty over buying a Vezel from PI, why still buy a Vezel ?

They like the car and the price lor.

↡ Advertisement