Honda Vezel

Hsiao

With so much headache and uncertainty over buying a Vezel from PI, why still buy a Vezel ?

Buying a car was so complicated. I think this only happen in Singapore.
↡ Advertisement

As with Jover Chew case, nothing much can be done as consumers here are not well protected. Being in a more civilized and advanced society, we consumers assume that businesses are run ethically without the intention to cheat. It took a social media outcry to put that Jover behind bars.

For now, we can only rely on social media platforms, forums and word of mouth to distinguish the good from the bad dealers. From what I have been seeing online, the good ones are Hup Long, Auto Selection and a few others.

But the good dealers are not cheap. And Auto Selection only recently dropped their prices to be in the competitive range. Which, is lucky for me else I might have signed with those super good offers from unreputable dealers and may not be sleeping well at night now.

Hi all, I have some questions on Vezel...

1) The LED headlights is there a light bulb inside? In case light spoilt can it be replaces like typical halogen headlight?

2) Does the LED headlight do hi-beam as well? Hi-beam from the same twin square projector lense?

3) How is the visiability of LED headlight from the driver's point of view? Is it consider as good as HID projector headlight?

4) The rear lights I noticed that the portion on the boot lid does not light up? Shouldn't there be LED lights at that portion as well? Cos I saw those light-tubes ones (not available locally) both the boot lid portion and the stationery portion lighted same time.

Anybody have the answers to the above questions? Vezel owner? Thanks

I am too lazy to derive the numbers. However I wasn't being detailed about my package. So here is the full detailed package below. Any queries just PM me. Cheers.

- $104,800 guaranteed COE no topups. Rebate at $48k.

- Delivery Dec/Jan

- 3yrs/100,000km warranty

- 6mths road tax

- no admin fees

- Pioneer X2750 HU

- Integrated Roadnavi GPS

- Intgrated reverse cam and 2 eye sensors

- Iroad T8 Front car cam with 16GB SD card

- Solar Film

- Half Leather/Half PU upholstery. 2-tones. I will topup $500 for full leather.

- Tonneau cover.

I got the same deal as you. Just that i upgraded by HU rather than the full leather seat. I checked online that the Iroad T8 comes with front and back camera, did you double check with them that they only offer front camera option only?

BTW what colour did you get? Cheers.

Complicated and risky only if buying from PI. There are only 1 or 2 PIs where the whole process could be much smoother and worry free but you will have to pay top dollars for it, negating the benefit of buying the car from PI.

I got the same deal as you. Just that i upgraded by HU rather than the full leather seat. I checked online that the Iroad T8 comes with front and back camera, did you double check with them that they only offer front camera option only?

BTW what colour did you get? Cheers.

Hi Bro,

Yes, I only got front camera only. Topup $200 for rear cam. Good point about the T8 package is sold with rear cam. How come not given together? Think I will give them a call.

I am getting the black colour Vezel X.

I assume you are getting ur ride from Auto Selection as well? When is your delivery date?

And may I know why is there a need to upgrade the HU? It's quite a big topup of $500 so I am wondering what are the additional features of the 8750 that makes it worth the money?

Also, can anyone tell me if full leather is really worth the upgrade for $500? What are the potential problems I may face if I only have half leather for my seats?

Edited by menace66

And may I know why is there a need to upgrade the HU? It's quite a big topup of $500 so I am wondering what are the additional features of the 8750 that makes it worth the money?

For mine package (Not from Auto Selection), it only comes with 1750. Therefore requires topup if need 2750, 5750, 8750.

But as sound is not my main concern. I asked my PI to sway my current 5550 with the 1750 instead, at least my 5550 comes with BT.

Hence if sound is not a big issue for you, I think you can save money from not upgrading, haha. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Akszaksz

btw guys, understand for half-leather, Syntactic Leather will be used.

With today's technology, synthetic leather are more durable, lighter, and probably have less of an impact on the environment for production. (Of coz wun have the genuine leather smell)

So just curious on what is the diff in terms of quality that made people topup for full leather?

Hi Guys,

I know this may have been written here somewhere but I like to ask again as I know the lead time for car delivery can varies depending on the work load of LTA etc.

My car has arrived port on 1st week of July. As such, what is the earliest expected car delivery date to me?

Anybody who has taken delivery of their cars very recently can share pls?

Thanks

Hi Bro,

Yes, I only got front camera only. Topup $200 for rear cam. Good point about the T8 package is sold with rear cam. How come not given together? Think I will give them a call.

I am getting the black colour Vezel X.

I assume you are getting ur ride from Auto Selection as well? When is your delivery date?

Also, can anyone tell me if full leather is really worth the upgrade for $500? What are the potential problems I may face if I only have half leather for my seats?

Bro,

Let me know if you have any update on the T8 package. Ya i getting from them as well. Same delivery date, Dec/Jan.

I upgraded due to wider screen and 8750 can link with iphone apps. Understand that they provide GPS function but worried that maps will get outdated. Thus if can link with phone maps will be preferred in long run.

Personally I think half leather will do. The back of the seats will be using synthetic leather i guess.

Hi Guys,

I know this may have been written here somewhere but I like to ask again as I know the lead time for car delivery can varies depending on the work load of LTA etc.

My car has arrived port on 1st week of July. As such, what is the earliest expected car delivery date to me?

Anybody who has taken delivery of their cars very recently can share pls?

Thanks

at least u know ur ride reach liao.. SE gave u chassis no?

at least u know ur ride reach liao.. SE gave u chassis no?

I saw it in his computer inventory list when I made the booking. Delivery stated 1st week of July.

Any thoughts?

Complicated and risky only if buying from PI. There are only 1 or 2 PIs where the whole process could be much smoother and worry free but you will have to pay top dollars for it, negating the benefit of buying the car from PI.

I believe also, I read Mazda 3 thread don't had those issue at all.

Both car are in my list but I will prefer buying from AD.

HRV 10k more which many can not swallow same too me.

So I may choose M3 over HRV/Vezel.

Imho,if LL have to buy from PI I don't mine pay little more looking for better one just to sleep well every night.

Edited by Hshs

Would like to update for my case.

Booked on 30th May and collected 6th Aug. Net car price is 56K, think the PI really laughs all the way to the bank. Paid additional 780 (and GST!!!) for Cool&Lite Titan solar film, 580 (and GST!!!) for upgrading to Pioneer 8750.

With the premium paid, one should expect better service. But when collection, Iroad V7 was missing and solar film looks quite dirty (seems like a rush job). Will have to drive to the workshop for iroad installation this week.

Conclusion: All PI (including mine who is of the most reputable ones) will try all the ways to maximize their profit. But at least I got to collect my car instead of waiting endlessly

FC: (Pumped 98, Front tyre 210, Back tyre 200; ECON mode/CBTA/Auto star Stop all OFF)

it reaches 20km/l at highway with smooth traffic; 15.5km/l with 70% highway in the morning. Quite satisfactory.

Keyless entry and Auto brake hold function are useful. Connecting my Samsung phone to HU using Android auto with normal USB 3.0 cable is quite convenient.

Noise level better than my previous jazz, mostly is the engine noise from bottom. Still acceptable. Pickup is a bit slow and considering to off VSA.

Overall, Vezel is a nice car to have. Just be careful when choosing PI to deal with.

By the way, I ordered roof rack and side step from Taobao. Any bro can recommend good workshop for installation? Thanks in advance!

post-159834-0-76070500-1439270975_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Hybrid X seem to be a good choice now that cat a and b price diff only about 4k but hybrid x qualified for 15k cevs compared to 5k or 10k for normal vezel. Lol but still sticking to my Z any day.

Would like to update for my case.

Booked on 30th May and collected 6th Aug. Net car price is 56K, think the PI really laughs all the way to the bank. Paid additional 780 (and GST!!!) for Cool&Lite Titan solar film, 580 (and GST!!!) for upgrading to Pioneer 8750.

With the premium paid, one should expect better service. But when collection, Iroad V7 was missing and solar film looks quite dirty (seems like a rush job). Will have to drive to the workshop for iroad installation this week.

Conclusion: All PI (including mine who is of the most reputable ones) will try all the ways to maximize their profit. But at least I got to collect my car instead of waiting endlessly

FC: (Pumped 98, Front tyre 210, Back tyre 200; ECON mode/CBTA/Auto star Stop all OFF)

it reaches 20km/l at highway with smooth traffic; 15.5km/l with 70% highway in the morning. Quite satisfactory.

Keyless entry and Auto brake hold function are useful. Connecting my Samsung phone to HU using Android auto with normal USB 3.0 cable is quite convenient.

Noise level better than my previous jazz, mostly is the engine noise from bottom. Still acceptable. Pickup is a bit slow and considering to off VSA.

Overall, Vezel is a nice car to have. Just be careful when choosing PI to deal with.

By the way, I ordered roof rack and side step from Taobao. Any bro can recommend good workshop for installation? Thanks in advance!

attachicon.gifVezel.jpg

Which reputable PI is this bro? Dun tell be starts with A.

Bro,

Let me know if you have any update on the T8 package. Ya i getting from them as well. Same delivery date, Dec/Jan.

I upgraded due to wider screen and 8750 can link with iphone apps. Understand that they provide GPS function but worried that maps will get outdated. Thus if can link with phone maps will be preferred in long run.

Personally I think half leather will do. The back of the seats will be using synthetic leather i guess.

Hi bro,

Yup, i asked and the follow up was quick. I was told dis is how their package is like. Their iroad T8s comes only with front cam. I can accept this. So far I am still comfortable with them.

At 104,800 and current COE price is 56k. So machine price is only 49k if COE stays the same. So cannot expect too much freebies without topups. Hope all goes smoothly for us. :)