Audi A4 from 159K

Sdf4786k

I'm also surprised cos A3 is a newer model unlike the A4 who I understand will come out a new model soon. I like the design of the A3 but coming from a Civic owner with a flat floor, the back row seems cramped and I guess the hump is due to it being RWD?

Saw it at the Motorshow on Sat and my friend commented it looks less spacious than my Civic lol!

But this is a Conti with good build so can't compare but seriously fair price I feel.

OT abit, the Audi TT damn swee [thumbsup] My saliva has been left in the car :D

I don't think the A3/4/5/6/7 are RWD. They're either FWD or Pussytro... i mean Quattro,

• Praise 1

buy an A4 at 152k, steering wheels no controls, no rear aircon etc..

where got songs?

You mean its "bare bone" to that extent? Sounds bad. May have to consider going back to Jap cars.

152k is very good price.. but alot of options dont have leh..

A3 is super small i felt..when i sat inside, i felt like no room liao.. haha

Is the A3 too small for family with 2 young kids (read as 2 car seats) and a helper? I've not actually seen the interior of the A3 myself.

152k is very good price.. but alot of options dont have leh..

A3 is super small i felt..when i sat inside, i felt like no room liao.. haha

the sportback has a longer wheelbase than the regular A3

You mean its "bare bone" to that extent? Sounds bad. May have to consider going back to Jap cars.

Is the A3 too small for family with 2 young kids (read as 2 car seats) and a helper? I've not actually seen the interior of the A3 myself.

err no need to ask lah. 2 child seat + decent sitting space in 3rd row is only liveable in those executive sedans.

A6-5 series or the japs...

Bro, bring your family members to showroom have some test drive. Don't restrict to Audi, go BMW and Merc also.

I tested Audi A4 twice. First by myself, then brought my family members to test again. Haha.

Edited by Jckok888

the sportback has a longer wheelbase than the regular A3

err no need to ask lah. 2 child seat + decent sitting space in 3rd row is only liveable in those executive sedans.

A6-5 series or the japs...

Die lah.. Looks like its back to cars like Camry and Teana for me. =(

You go showroom, lug along your 2 child seats and ask your wife sit behind whilst you test drive with SE in front, think SE also shock see someone bring 2 child seats along for test drive lol!!

Seriously though, nothing wrong to do this but of course troublesome but that's the only way for you to find out if the rear space is sufficient!!

• Praise 7

if you need to lup 2 x child seat at the back ... camry and teana is even better than bmw 5-series

if you want ample space for the rear, japanese car like camry, teana and accord FTW [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

if you need to lup 2 x child seat at the back ... camry and teana is even better than bmw 5-series

if you want ample space for the rear, japanese car like camry, teana and accord FTW [thumbsup]

Agreed .... even the Civic or ALTIS have more space at the rear seat compared to the A4.

Coming from a Honda Civic, I confirmed that the rear for the civic is bigger than the C class, 3 series and the A4.

I traveled in a A4 wagon in the UK recently and I tot that I was sitting in a A3 till I saw the model at the rear.

If rear space is important ... Camry, Teana, Accord would be much bigger compared to the A4.

• Praise 2

Driving current Accord, no problem to have 2 car seats. And the rear trunk is not too high. So far, passengers feedback on rear space is good.

Honda Accord and E-Class have the biggest and flattest rear seats with leg room too. Can put 2 child seats, and 3rd passenger still comfortable. Generous boot too on both to carry strollers.

Instead of Accord, Camry .. perhaps a closer comparison for the A4 is the Toyota Mark X / Lexus IS-200 or Honda Inspire (JDM) / Acura TLX (US).

Fantastic advise, guys! Will move my focus to these cars. Looks like quite a few are from PI.

Agreed .... even the Civic or ALTIS have more space at the rear seat compared to the A4.

Coming from a Honda Civic, I confirmed that the rear for the civic is bigger than the C class, 3 series and the A4.

I traveled in a A4 wagon in the UK recently and I tot that I was sitting in a A3 till I saw the model at the rear.

If rear space is important ... Camry, Teana, Accord would be much bigger compared to the A4.

C class & 3 series are RWD, while normal A4 are FWD but cater for AWD Quattro model.

Rear space will always be smaller..

Neutral Newbie

316i price can be close to a4 after negotiation with better handling, c180 may have better rear space among three with better comfort

i never realised it's this bare bone too until i went to the motorshow. at the 152k trim level, even the chrome surrounding the windows is gone, and at the back row where the aircon vent would have been is just a hole now.

448654_7b.jpg

448654_9b.jpg

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 2

i never realised it's this bare bone too until i went to the motorshow. at the 152k trim level, even the chrome surrounding the windows is gone, and at the back row where the aircon vent would have been is just a hole now.

448654_7b.jpg

448654_9b.jpg

Doesn't matter, as long as you can reply with gusto to the question - 'What do you drive?'.

Volkswagen A4.

the front bonnet still got 4-rings instead of 2-letter VW ... then it's ok ...

walao ... the steering wheel dont have a single button ... worse than proton leh

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1