Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

Thanks Quantum and Yeshe.

I'm not comparing apples to apples but still, it won't be fun if I change from my 1.6 sedan which is doing 12.5kml to a 7+kml machine. Hmm....

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I'm not comparing apples to apples but still, it won't be fun if I change from my 1.6 sedan which is doing 12.5kml to a 7+kml machine. Hmm....

when u want to change from 1.6 to 2.4, everything will be upsized, not just the FC.

i suppose u have not consider the tires cost?

• Praise 1

when u want to change from 1.6 to 2.4, everything will be upsized, not just the FC.

i suppose u have not consider the tires cost?

Exactly, one SUV tire cost abt $400+, can buy 4pcs normal sedan tires

Bro, like that u better off change to another 1.6L sedan...

a 2.4L SUV u have to pay more not just petrol hor...

Road tax is $800++ per 6mths compare to 1.6L less than $500

FC is 8km/L compare to 1.6L 12.5km/L

Tyre is min 18" compare to 1.6L 15'"

Engine oil is 5L compare to 1.6L is less than 4L

Bro u have to seriously think over as it is not jus FC u would need to consider if cost is a factor....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I saw on papers they are have carnival these 2 days.

Can anyone who visit them these 2 days update what is the actual prices they are selling and what are they giving?

Thank you

• Praise 1

sorento is better than outlander indeed given the dated design of outlander. but i think outlander is pushing on the lower price. delta is about 10k? i am currently leaning towards Xtrail. have test driven both the sorento and xtrail. sorento is bigger and the 3rd row has more space and xtrail.

• Praise 1

The price is $135,888. Comes with 3 years scheduled servicing. Went to see Outlander and Xtrail this morning. Outlander interior is full of hard plastic. Workmanship is poorer than Xtrail. Can't fathom why Mitsubishi did not include folding mirror in Outlander. For 3rd row seats Outlander edges out Xtrail by a bit. Both are best left for children or people u dislike hehe.

Pros compared to Xtrail:

Ventilated front seats

Paddle shifts

Better access to 3rd row seats

Better space for 3rd row

Headlights washers

Cheaper price

Cons compared to Xtrail

No rear aircon

Hard plastics

Workmanship not as good as Xtrail

Mirrors can't auto fold

Higher Road tax

Not as smart looking as Xtrail

No 360 degrees cameras

sorento is better than outlander indeed given the dated design of outlander. but i think outlander is pushing on the lower price. delta is about 10k? i am currently leaning towards Xtrail. have test driven both the sorento and xtrail. sorento is bigger and the 3rd row has more space and xtrail.

If given a choice of Sorento, Xtrail and Outlander, i will pick Sorento. Have sat and touched all 3. Sorento best in terms of cabin space and packed with gadgets. Self parking function is cool! But asking price from C&C is a put off. $180k is a turn off. Because of that, decided to keep my moola and wait. Edited by Coolpica
  • Praise 1

The price is $135,888. Comes with 3 years scheduled servicing. Went to see Outlander and Xtrail this morning. Outlander interior is full of hard plastic. Workmanship is poorer than Xtrail. Can't fathom why Mitsubishi did not include folding mirror in Outlander. For 3rd row seats Outlander edges out Xtrail by a bit. Both are best left for children or people u dislike hehe.

Pros compared to Xtrail:

Ventilated front seats

Paddle shifts

Better access to 3rd row seats

Better space for 3rd row

Headlights washers

Cheaper price

Cons compared to Xtrail

No rear aircon

Hard plastics

Workmanship not as good as Xtrail

Mirrors can't auto fold

Higher Road tax

Not as smart looking as Xtrail

No 360 degrees cameras

If given a choice of Sorento, Xtrail and Outlander, i will pick Sorento. Have sat and touched all 3. Sorento best in terms of cabin space and packed with gadgets. Self parking function is cool! But asking price from C&C is a put off. $180k is a turn off. Because of that, decided to keep my moola and wait.

Sorento abt 152k bro

Sorento abt 152k bro

Bro the price of $180k is for 2015 SX model. Was told by the sales that is the indicative price. $152k is probably the price to clear the 2014 model.

Indeed. Thanks all.

I am still tempted to get it though...heh.

Bro, I dunno if u have a family w kids to support, but if ur budget is kinda stretched every mth, my advise would b to go for a more reasonable upgrade like honda vezel.

For my case, I'm quite tempted to try conti cars like Audi, BMW n merc initially, but after rationalizing n considering my situation, I guess it better to get jap / Korean cars due to more affordable parts n svc, n probably better reliability. Not that I couldn't afford, but just felt pointless to buy something that depreciates too much.

• Praise 3

Bro, I dunno if u have a family w kids to support, but if ur budget is kinda stretched every mth, my advise would b to go for a more reasonable upgrade like honda vezel.

For my case, I'm quite tempted to try conti cars like Audi, BMW n merc initially, but after rationalizing n considering my situation, I guess it better to get jap / Korean cars due to more affordable parts n svc, n probably better reliability. Not that I couldn't afford, but just felt pointless to buy something that depreciates too much.

totally agree. given limited resources, you choose to put your investment in things that matters.

it is often the hearts vs the brain.

• Praise 1

totally agree. given limited resources, you choose to put your investment in things that matters.

I will feel good even when i drive a korean car. No need to feel ego

i'm not investment savvy, but seeing $ in bank account gives me greater security at least. imagine 50% dp for car wiped out, that be another 70k gone for outlander. need some few yrs to accumulate. u may earn that / much more in a yr but to save is another matter.

↡ Advertisement