Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

maybe i can answer and verified some of the qns n issues mentioned derrick. as the moderator of 100+ outlanders sg, i can verified that most of us are quite happy. potential buyer can join our group to find out more. there are some plus n minus, but if things stay as it is, coe is at low, i may renew it to drive for another 10yrs in 9yrs time.

How much is the insurance for 40 years old, 50% NCD? Can any bro advise?

abt 1.5k from c&c insurance. aig, 1 to 1 replacement during period.
↡ Advertisement

1) no folding mirror, yes a pain in the axxx. but some conti cars have such "problem" too. i lived with it.

2) at this price range, for 7 seater suv, not easy to get. look at wish, mid size mpv. u cannot compare this car with a full fledge mpv like ocd, vellfire, those mpv with 2.4L engine. OL is a suv foremost n throw in two seats extra. other better suv with 7seaters are kia sorento, another extra $40k. use this monies for tour, travel. u dun use 7seaters everyday. if u do, then look for mpv, and not suv!!

4) AWD is four wheels drive. never save FC. use econ mode, which is two wheels drive. my two months tracking shows i have 9.5km/L. reasonable consider my driving style. 60expressway, 40urban, using 92 fuel most of the time.

5) idling is ok, better than my Wish. at cruise, 90-100km/hr, my rpm is 1500-1800. insulation n noise level is more refined than my Wish. it tends to be engine noisy when u rev at 2,500rpm to shift to next gear. idling is ok too, -600rpm.

• Praise 1

derrick i am not sure if u r a mbr of our OL sg group. if not join us, there are many mbrs who can advise if you just happened to have a lemon car.

i am not sure if u test drive the car, these issues like idling n vibration will come abt, then why still buy then, and now want to scrap? if u scrap now will be coe left plus omv. likely get ard 80k, if u serious buy it 8mths back, how much will u have paid? some of yr argument just does not makes sense. if u scrap n buy another new, you need to topup $20k minimum. dollars sense, not worth.

for the rest, search under facebook outlander singapore. there are many postings from current owners who are happy with their ride. but if u driven a bmw or lexus, then its not fair to compare yr old ride with this.

i suspect derrick is from tan chong. cause the x trail, cannot make it. more cram.

derrick i am not sure if u r a mbr of our OL sg group. if not join us, there are many mbrs who can advise if you just happened to have a lemon car.

i am not sure if u test drive the car, these issues like idling n vibration will come abt, then why still buy then, and now want to scrap? if u scrap now will be coe left plus omv. likely get ard 80k, if u serious buy it 8mths back, how much will u have paid? some of yr argument just does not makes sense. if u scrap n buy another new, you need to topup $20k minimum. dollars sense, not worth.

for the rest, search under facebook outlander singapore. there are many postings from current owners who are happy with their ride. but if u driven a bmw or lexus, then its not fair to compare yr old ride with this.

i suspect derrick is from tan chong. cause the x trail, cannot make it. more cram.

Bro Bwilly,

I like your comments. Can you share the OL FB link?

Please provide hyperlink to OL SG Group.

I can share more.

I am not from Tan Chong. My previous ride before this OL is a Toyota Sienta. A good reliable Sienta.

Me biting the bullet now at a loss is scrap or re-export is better off with a long time suffering.

I read someone enquire about the lines in the reverse cam. When I 1st saw this sort of camera with the demo car I don't like this. You never know when the the end until the reverse sensor beeps rapidly or you actually hit the reversed object. I had mine installed with an "Eye Ball" version at Tomo instead of standard version of reverse cam. Adjusting to see part of your rear bumper is the best bet. No errors !

post-51851-0-22244000-1455246625_thumb.jpg

post-51851-0-01987400-1455247077_thumb.jpg

Derrick9100, on 16 Dec 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

True, good value for $.

I bought this outlander about 6 months ago. C & C service just so-so. Nothing to shout about. As I drive only a short distant on a daily basis to work, beware of the thirsty Outlander engine. I clocked only about 250km for 45L of 95 RON petrol. Wow !! Yes, a thirstly car to drive if you always start stop. My brother-in-law used to have a Galant and also said the MIVEC engine is thirsty.

All the time I just gently tap onto the accelerator. Drive engaged to AWD-Eco mode. Tried on AWD-Auto and AWD-Full is more fun to drive but I get even lower mileage.

My previous Toyota Sienta is a more fun car to drive and with better features, at least the side mirror is retractable. Not with the Outlander !

Not sure any other owners of the Outlander experience this, the motorised seat back rest on only the driver side tends to move away from your settings. Spoke to Razak at C & C and suggest to bring car in to check the switch. I do not believe it's a switch issue. More of a design issue.

Noisy air conditioning too with a sour smell if you switch off cooling. Strange.

Hi Derrick,

I am also one Outlander owner, I am quite surprise that you can only clock 250KM for 45L. My normal driving mileage is 160km for first 1/4 fuel tank, and ard 250-260km for my first half tank.

Even when I on full load 7 audult, I still can get ard 7-8km/liter.

Recently, I also tried to drive like very old uncle at 50km-70km/hr and I m getting better mileage. But just for testing only, actually when buying SUV we should not be too particular on the FC, cos SUV body is heavy.

Even my frd driving Camry 2.5 also claim that his FC is ard 10-12km/l. The main point here is that when we drive bigger car, the FC is so so only.

Could it be u are keep "dragging the gear: using the pedal shift?

Just curious that's all.

I think we have to recognize that different people has different driving patterns. So even for the same car, the fuel usage can be vastly different. I'm confused how we can actually determine "city driving" and "highway driving" when most of the time, driving on our highways feel like "city driving", especially with the high traffic volume and traffic jams!

• Praise 2

Dropped by the showroom to see the OL due to it being lowest priced mid sized SUV in the market.

Understand that the equipment level may not be the highest amongst the competition models eg. smallish sunroof, lack of 2nd row aircon vents, basic HU, no Auto parking? but I guess is a trade off for the nice price.

Can anyone help me clarify on a feature I self discovered (all the SEs were busy so I molested the car myself).

The rear hatch door is it fully automatic? I tried to press on the button, it unlatched but did not move further, I had to nudge it up and beyond a certain angle, the hydraulic arms took over and pushed it all the way up. Is this usual or I did not do it correctly?

Does it have hatch door opening angle memory function? Can the hatch be opened partially?

Is there a remote hatch opening function via proximity sensors or via the key transponder?

closing not an issue as I can just press the button on the hatch edge and it completely closes on it's own.

vratenza - I believe you have to lift it up a bit first before the hydraulics takes over.  the other features.... I think don't have.

I signed on the dotted line today.  current ride is 7 years 7 months 217,000 km.  I think time to change.........................

I chose OL because I wanted 7 seater for the 1-2 trips up north and the odd while in Singapore but not a large car like a mpv.  OL is sporty looking and who can resist a suv :)

price to pay is 2.4l thirsty engine but I drove harrier 2.4 4-speed before and the fc was bearable so I hope OL is equal or better.

now looking for uhp or hp tyres but can't seem to find this size in Singapore.

vratenza - I believe you have to lift it up a bit first before the hydraulics takes over. the other features.... I think don't have.

I signed on the dotted line today. current ride is 7 years 7 months 217,000 km. I think time to change.........................

I chose OL because I wanted 7 seater for the 1-2 trips up north and the odd while in Singapore but not a large car like a mpv. OL is sporty looking and who can resist a suv :)

price to pay is 2.4l thirsty engine but I drove harrier 2.4 4-speed before and the fc was bearable so I hope OL is equal or better.

now looking for uhp or hp tyres but can't seem to find this size in Singapore.

Thanks for the info!

Do enjoy your ride!

Correct me if I am wrong, usually SUV specced wheels have to choose from a more limited range of higher profile tyres which are usually not UHP since the purpose is generally different.

Thanks for the info!

Do enjoy your ride!

Correct me if I am wrong, usually SUV specced wheels have to choose from a more limited range of higher profile tyres which are usually not UHP since the purpose is generally different.

yup, you are right.  closest I can fine are Michelin premier a/s, goodyear eagle sport all-season and goodyear assurance comfortred touring.  since they are also for snow, I doubt they reached our shores.

the other option is change rims to wider than current 7" so that can take 235 or 245 width tyres... there are more choices here from conti and Michelin.

do a search on facebook outlander singapore. PM me if u want to get added in. you will know other owners who are driving a OL now. what to expect, what poison to add, trusty workshop who handle OL b4.

I am very interested in OL. Could someone help me with the below:-

1. How much are the road tax and insurance premium for a 2.4L OL?

2. OEM spare parts avilable? or only available from C & C?

3. Why Mitsubishi less popular among all jap cars?

Edited by AnsonHo